This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Crashday Redline Edition
FerrousBueller Jun 25, 2016 @ 10:14am
Is this legit?
I'm not sure where to begin. This whole Greenlight submission seems really suspicious to me. Apparently, Crashday was originally released in 2006. According to the description here, this greenlight submission is a re-release of the original game. The description states that the game has been polished and improved. But I see no evidence of this. Here is a trailer for the original game which was posted on YouTube in 2007. Note how it is the exact same video as this greenlight submission's video. They even kept the 360p resolution.

Here[www.moonbytegames.com] is the website of the dev who submitted this greenlight game. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that it's not even the original developer who created the game in 2006. I get the impression that they're just a third party who bought the rights to the original game and are trying to re-sell it.

The final piece of damning evidence is the obvious vote bribery. The comments section is filled with dozens of generic "voted" comments which is a clear indication that the dev is using a "boosting" service.

What's going on here?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
Cosmic Edge Jun 25, 2016 @ 11:29am 
Hey, I was part of the beta testing session and I can confirm the game is legit. This version have alot of differences and is merged with Steamworks which make lobby system stronger without issues happened in the past. They are working on a new video which will replace this one... Let's hope they do this soon as this one is very old and bad :D
\5MicaLovesKPOP Jun 25, 2016 @ 11:30am 
Hello, I'm here to clear up some confusion. I'm not one of the people working on this project but I can assure you this is legit.

Moonbyte is definitely in charge of this project. I've had contact with Robert Clemens himself and he runs the project.
Smeggy87 Jun 25, 2016 @ 1:46pm 
Content shown is of the original game. I don't know specifics, but the game is being worked on to make improvements for the rerelease. Moonbyte Games are the legal proprietor of Crashday and announced consideration of a rerelease through their official Facebook page some time ago.

Replay Studios (Tunnel Rats, Velvet Assassin) also had legal rights to this game, however they have since gone bankrupt and no longer own any rights.
Infact. I have this game ORIGINAL from ATARI
CD and its only for xp, winvista.
Originally posted by Cosmic Edge:
Hey, I was part of the beta testing session and I can confirm the game is legit. This version have alot of differences and is merged with Steamworks which make lobby system stronger without issues happened in the past. They are working on a new video which will replace this one... Let's hope they do this soon as this one is very old and bad :D
But the soul, the name and all i saw from trailer are copy ...
DatWut? Jun 26, 2016 @ 5:14am 
Crashday's return... man, this is glorious.
@MicaLovesKPOP: Have you got any information whether or not old mods will work? If there will be new content? Like the missing 11 cars which never made it into the game?
moonbyte  [developer] Jun 26, 2016 @ 5:49am 
Hello folks!

This is Robert Clemens from Moonbyte Games, the creators of the original Crashday.
First off, yes, this is a definitely legitimate entry! :)

We were getting a lot of requests for bringing back Crashday on Steam...so we thought, this would indeed be a cool idea, especially since 2016 is now the 10-year anniversary of Crashday!

Crashday on Steam will mostly be a re-release of the original game. However, of course, there will be some adjustments.

First off, we are making sure, the game is running on all recent machines, with the necessary adjustments. We will not take anything away that was cool about the original game... we just like to make the game better for fans, and provide a fun experience to new players.

Second, we are bringing back the multiplayer and integrating it with Steam for a correctly functioning master server etc. Gone are the days of broken or missing master server. The multiplayer fun and action shall continue! :)

Finally, we are making sure that modding shall still remain possible. It was a crucial (and fun) part of the original game. :)

About additional content, we are currently considering if we can add some extra content to the game as well! Right now, it is mostly a re-release, but if we find some cool items, we definitely put them into the game as extra gems. All TBD as off right now.

Our vision is to bring all players back together and get some new ones also on the game...! :)

Cheers,
Robert

Moonbyte Games

PS: the Moonbyte website, Facebook pages and Steam Greenlight material is going to be updated soon!
DatWut? Jun 26, 2016 @ 5:52am 
Thanks for the answer Robert.
Now my question is if all previous mods will work right away without any adsjutments or if they need to be re-compiled or whatever.
I have all my old mods and tracks on a 16GB USB stick somewhere, I was smart enough to back like everything up back in the day, seeing as flatoutjoint (as well as its sub-section for Crashday) and the official forums have been taken down.
If that stuff is compatible, the workshop (from what I gathered the game will have it) will be merely spammed by me.
\5MicaLovesKPOP Jun 26, 2016 @ 10:32am 
DatWut, would you be able to upload your mods to Google Drive or something? My friend Safa and I are trying to recover as many mods (and tracks!) as possible. It would be great if you could upload them, so we can go through them and re-upload them :)

I will send you a friend request, so we can talk more easily if you're ok with that!
DatWut? Jun 26, 2016 @ 10:49am 
Yeah perfectly fine by me.
Madridista ♛ Jun 26, 2016 @ 12:24pm 
Yeah perfectly fine by me.
giles.haydon Jun 26, 2016 @ 2:08pm 
I bought this game in CEX for 50p the other day
b3zp0nta Jun 27, 2016 @ 10:22am 
Extacly
DatWut? Jun 27, 2016 @ 10:24am 
Originally posted by moonbyte:
About additional content, we are currently considering if we can add some extra content to the game as well! Right now, it is mostly a re-release, but if we find some cool items, we definitely put them into the game as extra gems. All TBD as off right now.

Here's an idea: I know there are some hidden tiles in the game. How about enabling them for everyone to use?
And how about enabling that last minigame if that isn't too much trouble.
Cosmic Edge Jun 27, 2016 @ 2:01pm 
Originally posted by DatWut?:
Thanks for the answer Robert.
Now my question is if all previous mods will work right away without any adsjutments or if they need to be re-compiled or whatever.
I have all my old mods and tracks on a 16GB USB stick somewhere, I was smart enough to back like everything up back in the day, seeing as flatoutjoint (as well as its sub-section for Crashday) and the official forums have been taken down.
If that stuff is compatible, the workshop (from what I gathered the game will have it) will be merely spammed by me. :B1:

Not all mods will work (I think) as the file structure is changed, an extra effort will be required. AFAIK Jane's mod (to name one) need a total rewrite since the famous "game.dbs" doesn't exists anymore.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
Per page: 15 30 50