Stellaris

Stellaris

AutoBuild (outdated)
Zendude Nov 5, 2016 @ 9:51am
Use by AI
Has anyone experimented with allowing AI to use portions of this mod? As we all know, empire AI does a completely terrible job of building up infrastructure, and I'm looking at tying in some of the functionality here to the non-player empires, and just wanted to know if anyone was doing something similar.

I did note that in the latest version, had has added in a lot of "no_ai" trigger tests which he's obviously done for a reason, but I've taken them out currently for testing.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
had  [developer] Nov 5, 2016 @ 10:05am 
This mod can be set for AI
You need edit edict for no sectors and set flags for ai.
But it will cause heavy load on the game. May be.
Zendude Nov 5, 2016 @ 10:11am 
I'm going to work on a yearly event that monitors each ai country's economy status, and have it set country edicts as appropriate.

My one concern is how to monitor energy income--I'll probably need to put in overrides for keeping the energy income positive with all the new buildings the empires will have to maintain.
had  [developer] Nov 5, 2016 @ 3:10pm 
In mod enough triggers.
There is no sense change a lot of things.
Zendude Nov 6, 2016 @ 10:51am 
One issue I've found is that the AI won't build a farm on a zero resource tile if there is a tile with a food resource on the planet, but it's blocked with a non-clearable blocker. I can't post any images here unfortunately to demonstrate, but this planet has -1 food, several empty tiles, and a red blocked 1 food resource, but won't auto-build a farm.

I think it's related to not having any blocker tests in the "tile_has_food_more_than_others" scripted trigger, as well as not having an "and" check for 0 resource tiles.

had  [developer] Nov 6, 2016 @ 2:28pm 
Yeah, I didn't autobuild farms for empty tiles.
Zendude Nov 6, 2016 @ 6:53pm 
The problem is that if a planet doesn't have any food resources, but still hasn't met it's count of desired farms, we don't find any tiles in that scope--so the code sets autobuild_all_farms_builded even though the autobuild_farm_planet < autobuild_farm_global.

I'm not sure the best way to solve this honestly--maybe just let the normal AI building code sort it out since it is what knows it has a negative food availability?

Otherwise, we can pick a random empty tile and give it a farm?
had  [developer] Nov 7, 2016 @ 2:01pm 
I'll do it soon
Zendude Nov 7, 2016 @ 2:05pm 
No rush at all, was more of just an observation.

Overall, it's going _really_ well...not nearly the performance issue I thought it might be at least through 2350, and I even set it to kick off with a mean time of 4 months. The AI's are still behind because they don't do very well optimizing research in other ways, but at least they have infrastructure and some decent to good fleets :)
had  [developer] Nov 7, 2016 @ 5:02pm 
I would advise you to raise the bonuses of the AI from difficulty.
Zendude Nov 17, 2016 @ 8:29am 
Just wanted to jump in here and describe some further testing/progress:

I'm still using my personal mod instead of the one here simply so I can tweak, so haven't had a chance to test out the new system you implemented. An additional thing I added is for Awakened Fallen Empires to also use the system.

On normal difficulty, I really didn't notice much change in balance--AI's were definitely improving their infrastructure, but it didn't seem to matter too much in the overall balance.

Hard difficulty however was a completely different story: Empires are now *extremely* challenging, especially if they get a decent to good start. I'm in a game right now where normally I would have the entire galaxy dominated, but 6 or so empires are still showing as equivalent or superior in overall power--and that's not including the Awakened FE.

I'm considering re-basing the code with a different infrastructure algorithm for the AI empires--the code itself is very good for supporting a human player, but if I can figure out how to make it more dynamic, I think a better set of algorithms to support the weaknesses of the AI would make the game even more challenging.

Thanks much Had for making such an awesome mod--I honestly had thought that the empire AI's could never compete with a strong player, but your code is proving me wrong :)
had  [developer] Nov 18, 2016 @ 10:45am 
In last update i allowed almost all modules for AI.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50