This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Dome City
lev258 May 11, 2016 @ 7:31am
Question regarding OSX/Linux build
I would like to ask about the plans for these platforms. Lately, many developers think that with the big game engines it is as easy as a click on the proper button, only realizing later that it should have been developed alongside the Windows build, including testing. And because of this, fail to deliver it at the promised date or even abandon it.
Also, will you use DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan? This is also an important factor for cross-platform development.
Thank you in advance.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
scifidude79 May 11, 2016 @ 7:47am 
Good questions. I'm a Linux user and would also like to know about this. I already voted "Yes" because of the promised Linux version. However, I've been lured in by that in the past for games that wound up never delivering on that promise. (or haven't yet) Some game devs promise a Linux (and Mac) build "upon final release" and then the game never seems to make it out of Eary Access.
Last edited by scifidude79; May 11, 2016 @ 7:48am
OveronStation  [developer] May 11, 2016 @ 8:17am 
Hello, it's very good you asked this question. To be honest, we are early in development yet and didn't think much about this. We've tested the engine in both other platforms earlier, but wasn't planned to test continuously with the Mac/Linux platforms. Your concerns noticed. We will definitely get more attention for testing Mac and Linux from now!
Thank you for saving us from a future trouble!
lev258 May 11, 2016 @ 9:44am 
Good to hear an open response like this. I sincerely hope you people succeed both here and with fundraising.
I will give you what little support I can. :)
Lightcaster88 May 11, 2016 @ 2:16pm 
And someone in the comments said that Greenlight isn't the place to promote kickstarter games and down-voted this. Just imagine that OP never saw the game, never asked the question, and the developers come close to their deadline and ran into cross-platform build problems? Then, the game launches and has problems, everyone gets mad, the universe falls apart, and all life as we know it would cease to exist.

Moral of the story? Steam Greenlight saves lives.
Thanks lev258, you saved the universe. {u_u}

< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50