XCOM 2
Long War Toolbox
Linux Guy Nov 12, 2016 @ 1:17pm
Longwar-> Toolbox malfunctioning in Linux
Been having an issue with LW:Toolbox after the recent "upgrade". When initiating a mission, game halts with a window alert:

Warning! Mod function is incompatible the current game version : Function XComGame.XComHeadQuartersController:SetInputState

Disabling the Toolbox at least allows the game to continue, although I can't promote soldiers anymore without the game crashing (I also have LW:PerkPack installed). I don't worry too much about that now, since the current game is at the final mission, but would be nice to have it fixed since I love all the LW:.. mods.

It would be nice to rollback the "upgrade", since all the mods worked great before.
Last edited by Linux Guy; Nov 13, 2016 @ 9:40pm
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
I'm having the same problem.
I'm on OSX.
Pavonis Interactive  [developer] Nov 14, 2016 @ 8:45am 
It's not working because you guys don't have vanilla Patch 7 yet -- there's a lag when patches come out for PC and for other OSes. If we rolled back our update for Patch 7 it would break for PC users. We keep old versions of our mods archived on the Nexus, so you should grab it there instead of using the Steam Workshop version, which will auto update.
Linux Guy Nov 16, 2016 @ 10:48pm 
OK - downgrading LW:PerkPack and LW:Toolbox helps. I can promote soldiers again, and initiate missions.

The problem is now when I try to 'Edit Options' from within a game (i.e. want to change LW:Toolbox options) it crashes directly back to the Desktop without an obvious error message (although the game does give a binary dump file in the usual location). Any ideas of how to fix?
Originally posted by Long War Studios:
It's not working because you guys don't have vanilla Patch 7 yet -- there's a lag when patches come out for PC and for other OSes. If we rolled back our update for Patch 7 it would break for PC users. We keep old versions of our mods archived on the Nexus, so you should grab it there instead of using the Steam Workshop version, which will auto update.
I tried that with the LW Perk Pack and it always crashes at the start of a mission. Haven't tried it with the toolbox though.
Eiderdown Dec 2, 2016 @ 2:28am 
Rolling back worked for me.

To save people a few minutes, if they want to roll back to the older version:
Download older LW Toolbox here: http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom2/download/1923
Download older LW Perk Pack here: http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom2/download/1929
Put the LW_PerkPack and LW_Toolbox folders into /home/username/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/XCOM 2/share/data/xcomgame/mods/
(You will probably need to create the mods folder.)

After that the mods should appear in the Ferel XCOM 2 launcher.
Last edited by Eiderdown; Dec 2, 2016 @ 2:29am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 15 30 50