This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Half-Life: A Place in the West
kostyanoFF Feb 28, 2016 @ 12:14pm
How much it will cost?
?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
kostyanoFF Feb 28, 2016 @ 12:15pm 
I will buy it)
Yorick  [developer] Feb 28, 2016 @ 4:16pm 
The first issue will be available for free, but the discussion of cost is not something that occurs until a project has already been Greenlit. Understandably, Valve are busy enough that simply submitting an idea to Greenlight doesn’t involve you in those kinds of conversations - it’s only after the community expresses an interest that any communication occurs.

Since we have funded the entire first issue ourselves, there is certainly appeal for us to charge an (incredibly) small fee for the other issues to try and mitigate that. However, since it is obviously a Valve IP, it's entirely possible that the entire run will be free. It’s simply too soon to say for sure, either way.

I do want to be completely clear that it is not a case of us looking to make any kind of a profit. A Place in the West is very much a passion project, which is why we went ahead with creating it in the first place, even knowing that we would be paying for it ourselves.

There are a lot of obvious costs like hiring the artists who work hard on this, but there are other costs as well - web hosting, the audio/video production for the trailer, and even the application that will be used to read the comics. Even with being able to call in favours from people we know, the total cost of issue 1 was still more than $7,000 (US).

If A Place in the West is Greenlit on the condition that it not be sold for a price, that is completely acceptable to us, and we will do whatever we can to release future issues. Any fee charged would be rolled back into the creation of the comic, mitigating some of the fees, hiring more artists, and seeing that the other issues are even better.
Kazitor Mar 2, 2016 @ 9:09pm 
Originally posted by Yorick:
... the total cost of issue 1 was still more than $7,000 (US).
7000 USD? That's more than 9½ thousand AUD!

I certainly hope that cost was shared...

But that statistic aside, it's great to know that you spare no expense. The quality of that first issue was top-notch. No words (aprat from these) can properly express just how professional it was.

Keep up the great work!
I don't care how much it will cost, I think I will eventually buy it once I have a better PC!
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50