XCOM 2
Longer Names [broken :(]
Kaldin Feb 13, 2016 @ 2:35pm
Mod not working
Since the Mod doesn't work for me, I've got a question concerning possible compatibility-problems:
Is it possible that this mods conflicts with the Mod for being able to name secondary weapons?
EDIT: I mean this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=622863565&searchtext=secondary
Last edited by Kaldin; Feb 13, 2016 @ 2:35pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Peewi  [developer] Feb 13, 2016 @ 3:20pm 
I took a look at that mod and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be compatible with my mod.

I am sorry, but I don't know why my isn't working for you.
Kaldin Feb 13, 2016 @ 3:56pm 
Thank you for the answer, that was the only one I could think of that might be the reason...well, I'll try redownloading your mod and see if it might then work...and deactivating all mods(I know, won't neccessarily REALLY deactivate them) and then try it out again...
Drakster Feb 14, 2016 @ 7:06am 
Doesn't work for me either. Tried it with all other mods deactivitated too.
Hatorii Feb 14, 2016 @ 11:29am 
Yesterday it worked for me, today it doesn't..thought it has an incompatibility with a mod a I downloaded today but even after disabling every other mod this stopped working
Last edited by Hatorii; Feb 14, 2016 @ 11:30am
Kaldin Feb 14, 2016 @ 12:53pm 
Originally posted by Hatorii:
Yesterday it worked for me, today it doesn't..thought it has an incompatibility with a mod a I downloaded today but even after disabling every other mod this stopped working
Which Mod was that? Would like to know if I have that one too.
Cynath Feb 16, 2016 @ 11:00am 
It must conflict with something for me. What does it change, so I can check?
Patchouli Feb 17, 2016 @ 10:42am 
This mod doesn't seem to work at all for me, even without other name related mods installed. The only difference I notice is it's adding an extra ' on either side of nicknames for soldiers created before installing the mod, which I can remove. Makes me think any compatibility issues are related to saved soldiers themselves.
Kaldin Feb 17, 2016 @ 11:05am 
Originally posted by Patchouli:
This mod doesn't seem to work at all for me, even without other name related mods installed. The only difference I notice is it's adding an extra ' on either side of nicknames for soldiers created before installing the mod, which I can remove. Makes me think any compatibility issues are related to saved soldiers themselves.
Oh, so these WERE additonal by this mod? Ok, seems Iike it does the same thing for me then...
Hatorii Feb 18, 2016 @ 1:08am 
Originally posted by 「死の火」 Yamino Takamaru:
Originally posted by Hatorii:
Which Mod was that? Would like to know if I have that one too.

Delayed response but I downloaded the empty names mod the day after I downloaded this mod..so I assumed they conflicted (would be nice to have both mods at the same time). Disabling both mods (and all mods) then reenabling this mod didn't help but I can confirm this mod was working prior to install (the one soldier I gave a long name has kept his long name even though the mod isn't working).

More importantly, I'm not home to try this at the moment but I read that other people have had issues with mods that are conflicting, even after disabling the conflicting mods there's no guarantee that the mods will resume working. The solution proposed was:

Go to "My Games > XCom 2 > XComGame > Config > XComEngine.ini" and delete ALL lines that start with "ModClassOverrides". The next time you start the game, that file will be rebuilt with only the mods that you're supposed to be using. I'll try this when I get home.
Last edited by Hatorii; Feb 18, 2016 @ 1:16am
Burusagi Feb 18, 2016 @ 10:47am 
Do you need to start a new game for this mod to work or something?
/dev/null Feb 23, 2016 @ 12:40pm 
My mod (Rename Secondary Weapons) doesn't use class overrides and won't conflict with this mod.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50