XCOM 2
Arnold (Arnie) Schwarzenegger Voice Pack
MacReady  [developer] Feb 15, 2016 @ 11:20am
Suggestions
Please suggest any changes you would like me to make here. A quote too loud? Or too quiet? Or perhaps I've left out your favourite quote? Let me know!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Alex_x86 Feb 16, 2016 @ 4:04pm 
Not sure if you already utilized that sound but it would be really nice to have as kill taunt "SCREW YOU!" from the Total Recall https://youtu.be/kujd9IbAbIo?t=1m59s
MacReady  [developer] Feb 17, 2016 @ 4:45am 
Hi Alex. I really wanted to use that quote but after much editing it just didn't sound right. There is a lot of background noise (dramatic music, the drill noise, etc) which made the quote sound weird in-game. A real shame as I really like that one.
OutlawPrime Feb 17, 2016 @ 5:02am 
please tell me there is one when he hits and says "Who is your daddy and what does he do"
esKq Feb 17, 2016 @ 5:27am 
I haven't tried your mod yet but I'm sure I'll love it.

I don't want to suggest some Arnie lines that you already used so can you give us a list of all the quotes you already used in your mod ?
Last edited by esKq; Feb 17, 2016 @ 5:28am
MacReady  [developer] Feb 17, 2016 @ 5:31am 
@OutlawPrime: Yep, that's in there!

@esKq: There's about 180 different Arnold quotes in the mod, so that would take me quite a long time to list them all! Basically any of the really popular ones will be in the mod already (with the exeption of a few such as the "Screw You" one that Alex suggested and the Buzzsaw quotes from The Running Man, both because of loud background noise).
esKq Feb 17, 2016 @ 5:35am 
I'll test all of them and list them for you then :D

I have no idea how a voice pack is done but I presume that you can tag some quotes to be used in specific situation rather than picking a random one everytime a soldier has to talk.
MacReady  [developer] Feb 17, 2016 @ 5:57am 
Ok thanks :) Like I say almost all the well known quotes are there, so if you think of any less common ones let me know!

Yeah that's absolutely right. Each action in the game can have up to 15 different audio clips attached to it, and the game chooses one at random when you make that action. So making a kill has certain quotes attached to it, while taking damage has a whole other set of quotes attached to it.
Chicken Fillet Roll Feb 17, 2016 @ 12:12pm 
Hey tdc733, kudos again on the excellent mod! - I have a request, slightly outisde of the norm, i've been trying to make my own voicepack mod with the help of some reddit posts and E3245's tutorial but i'm doing something assbackwards, i've also looked through your mod as kind of a guide to help me make my own and i'm still lost, is there any chance you could make a youtube video demonstrating how on earth you managed to actually get it working?

My own shows up ingame named correctly and in the right place etc.. but will not play sounds at anypoint - i'm fairly certain that it's a reasonably simple thing to fix but it's been nearly a week now and i still cant figure it out :/
MacReady  [developer] Feb 17, 2016 @ 12:35pm 
Hi illequine, thank you!

I am currently making a written guide to creating voice packs. I'm trying to make it more detailed than the ones you listed so it is taking quite bit of time to write up, but hopefully I'll have it complete soon.

In the meantime I'd be more than happy to take a look at what you've done and try to help you out.
Chicken Fillet Roll Feb 17, 2016 @ 12:44pm 
lol i have around 20 failed attempts here :D just working on another atm to make sure i havent messed up something simple again
Sure i'll add you anyway if that's okay?
Just to update for reference: I appeciate the help you gave me with getting my mod running, couldnt have got it done without that help mate :) Thanks again!
MacReady  [developer] Feb 18, 2016 @ 2:51pm 
You're welcome man, just glad you got it working!
Dirty Belter Feb 19, 2016 @ 10:15am 
Two requests, Sylvester Stallone & David Bowie.
[RQ] StuballZ Feb 20, 2016 @ 5:33pm 
Great fun work on this mod! Looking forward to reading your tutorial on voice pack making. There are a couple of slapdash ones out there, but they all seem to be missing important steps. I used to make voicepacks for Unreal Tournament (99) and can't wait to get into it again. Thanks for your time.
MacReady  [developer] Feb 21, 2016 @ 10:35am 
Thank you [RQ] StuballZ! I was working on a tutorial but then Zuff came out with a perfect video tutorial here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQrnjRQId0

So I abandoned my own plans for a tutorial as his covers it really well. I'd definitely say check that out if you are thinking of making your own mod. And if anything doesn't quite make sense, just hit me up and I'll be happy to help!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Per page: 1530 50