XCOM 2
Stop Wasting My Time - WotC
 Bu başlık sabitlenmiş, muhtemelen önemli bir başlık
BlueRaja  [geliştirici] 14 Şub 2016 @ 12:45
FAQ: Overriding Classes, Load Order, Mods Not Working, Disabling Mods
What is "class overriding" and why do I care?
XCOM 2 code is broken into chunks called "classes". One of the main ways to mod XCOM 2 is to override these classes to force custom code to run instead.

Unfortunately, only one mod can override a given class. If two mods attempt to override the same class, one of those mods will have their changes thrown out. Depending on the mod, this could cause small bugs, or it could cause the game to crash completely.

Your only options as a user are to change the mod load order, or disable one of the conflicting mods.

How do I change the load order of mods?
The load order can be seen in
Documents\my games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config\XComModOptions.ini
Unfortunately, editing this file does not work; Steam overwrites it. The only way I've found to actually change the load order is to unsubscribe from all mods, and resubscribe to them in the order you want them loaded.

Why does changing the load order of mods help?
If two mods attempt to override the same class, whichever mod loads last wins. For some mods, having some code not load is fine. For others, it's catastrophic.

For example, Stop Wasting My Time removes a 2.75 pause by overriding the class "X2Action_EnterCover". Let's say a mod called Cover Reworked also overrides that class. If Stop Wasting My Time is loaded first, then Cover Reworked takes precedence and the 2.75 pause returns. However, if Cover Reworked is loaded first, Stop Wasting My Time takes precedence and Cover Reworked breaks, maybe crashing the game.

None of the changes in Stop Wasting My Time are essential. For this reason, it's recommended that you always load 'Stop Wasting My Time' first!

How do I know what classes a mod overrides?
I've updated all my mods to include that information in the description. For other mods, you'll have to dig through their source-code. The only reliable method is to find the mod under
Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500
then open Config/XComEngine.ini, and search for lines beginning with +ModClassOverrides

----------------------

How do I disable a mod?
The mod launcher is broken, disabling a mod from there doesn't always work. The most reliable method is to unsubscribe from the mod in the Steam workshop.

I unsubscribed from a mod but I'm still seeing its changes! Why!?
When a mod makes changes to the configuration files, sometimes these changes get permanently saved to disk. For example, many users have complained that the 10% increased movement speed in Stop Wasting My Time persists after uninstalling the mod.

Unfortunately this seems to be a bug in XCOM 2, and there's nothing we mod creators can do about it. The only workaround I'm aware of is to go to
Documents\my games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config
and delete all the files there. This will remove all your game settings, including graphics settings and custom key bindings. It does not delete your save files or your list of Steam Workshop subscriptions.

-----------------------

I subscribed to your mod, but I'm not seeing it in-game
When you subscribe to a mod, Steam downloads it using the same process it uses to update and install games. If you have another game installing or updating, or your installs/updates are not downloading for any other reason, you will not get mods installed.

In 99% of the cases, doing one of these two things will fix it:
  • In Steam, go to Library --> Downloads. Find "XCOM 2 - Workshop Content", and click the 'up' arrow on the right.
  • Restart Steam

I've also heard of people having success deleting the config files (see previous question), though I'm not sure why.
En son BlueRaja tarafından düzenlendi; 25 Şub 2016 @ 0:00
< >
7 yorumdan 1 ile 7 arası gösteriliyor
BlueRaja  [geliştirici] 14 Şub 2016 @ 13:18 
tl;dr: Mods that override no classes are more compatible with other mods.
Every time I start game it overrights order in
Documents\my games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config\XComModOptions.ini
BlueRaja  [geliştirici] 15 Şub 2016 @ 13:53 
@Grenkin: Hmm, you're right. It looks like the only way to change the load order reliably is to unsubscribe from all mods in the workshop, then re-subscribe in the order you want them to load. Ugh!
I just want to say that your post just saved me for hours of grief. However it is very dissapointing that the game doesn't remove config settings on its own :c
If I'm starting a new run, unsubbed to a bunch of mods and put in some new ones, would it be safer to delete everything from the documents xcomgame\config for a 'fresh' start? I'm assuming it doesn't screw with any of the mods themselves, since they'll just make a new file
En son marshmallow justice tarafından düzenlendi; 19 Şub 2016 @ 18:42
Aloha Raja,
Thank you for the excellent quality of work you have contributed to the fanbase, and for taking the time to explain this breakdown to folks. It's appreciated!
if you just want to move one mod. unsubscribe from it. delete all mod files in steam workshop xcom 2 folder (on c drive Steam/steamapps/workshop/contents/number for game here). then resubscribe to the mod and wait till steam redownload all mods. the resubscribed mod will be at the bottom.
< >
7 yorumdan 1 ile 7 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50