This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Ambient.White
A short message to those who're concerned it will be issued a takedown/have copyright issues.
Here's a message to everyone who thinks this game will be issued a takedown:

It likely won't. There are four other games with more in common with the actual show that are pretty much safe from takedown. These include the Fallout New Vegas expansion "Gardens of Equestria", the standalone RPG "Fallout Equestria" by Overmare Studios, and the MMO "Legends of Eqeustria". This one has much less in the way of copyright infringing stuff and is very unlikely to be taken down.

For more information about how games like these bypass copyright, see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ML9ORaBRY here.

The TL;DR of that movie is that hasbro owns certain copyright and trademarks, and so long as the creator of this game avoids those specific copyrights/trademarks (Which do NOT include artstyle that is not 100% the same as the show) he should be okay.

Seriously, stop fear-mongering this as it only hinders growth.
For those saying "Change them to humans", ponies is the exact reason this game was made, not gonna happen.
For those saying "pony is cancer" grow up and stop bein that kid who says "You're not allowed to like what I don't like!!"
For those who don't want this game, please for the love of god, move on and stop trying to censor someone else's ideas and creativity simply cause its something you don't enjoy.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
ZoidySVK Nov 22, 2015 @ 1:31pm 
But all of them are free and you want to get this game on steam. And its gonna be paid
This game isnt going to be paid. AFAIK he's wanting it on steam so that it is more easily distributable unless he's made some weird decision within the last week that's changed that. I'm charged with some of the music production of this group and talk to him on skype about it all the time. He has a patreon but that's not considered profit, and the game will be FTP
Frozen Night Nov 22, 2015 @ 4:45pm 
( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)
Scarlet Moon Nov 22, 2015 @ 5:57pm 
People just like to hate and complain. They come up with any excuse to do it.
I'm all very excited for all these games, even thinking of working on either one of them
🧀Cheezy🧀 Nov 23, 2015 @ 6:22am 
There's a difference between being available for free out of steam and paid in steam.
Legal arguments don't really matter in the real world. What really matters is whether Hasbro wants to sue. The developers don't have the resources to defend themselves in court, so Hasbro doesn't need to win to stop the game.
⍙Storvius Nov 23, 2015 @ 1:38pm 
Have a kappa game

We all know how this will end
Greyscale Nov 23, 2015 @ 7:23pm 
The major problem with this game right now is that it's on Steam Greenlight. The other four games aren't. By putting a game on Steam Greenlight, it suggests that one has the intention to profit off their games. None of the other games mentioned in your list are actually ON Steam Greenlight, making this game the most likely to be issued a C&D.

But then again, I don't think the dev is anywhere in the United States, so Hasbro actually issuing one would'nt really do anything if he/she chooses to ignore it.
Originally posted by Wild Fire:
The major problem with this game right now is that it's on Steam Greenlight. The other four games aren't. By putting a game on Steam Greenlight, it suggests that one has the intention to profit off their games. None of the other games mentioned in your list are actually ON Steam Greenlight, making this game the most likely to be issued a C&D.

But then again, I don't think the dev is anywhere in the United States, so Hasbro actually issuing one would'nt really do anything if he/she chooses to ignore it.

I'm very sure that Fallout: Equestria is going to be on Greenlight, when it's finished...
Legallity aside. seeing as the 2 main characters are clearly blatant rip-off's from the fandom versions of Celestia and Luna, the whole game just feels uncreative and soulless

You could have gone with some original character design, and still used a style that the pony fans would have recognised.

instead you put zero effort into creating something you can really call "your own", resulting in everyone laughing at you.

What you should take from everyone claiming that Hasbro will shut you down is not how this will end like legally, but how how you make your game look to your audience.

Are these characters Celestia and Luna? Then why not just say so and hope Hasbro doesn't care?

Are they not? Then at least design them in a way that makes people care.
Nachtichi Nov 6, 2016 @ 4:02pm 
Originally posted by Aurelleah, The Supremely Fluffy:
This game isnt going to be paid. AFAIK he's wanting it on steam so that it is more easily distributable unless he's made some weird decision within the last week that's changed that. I'm charged with some of the music production of this group and talk to him on skype about it all the time. He has a patreon but that's not considered profit, and the game will be FTP
I would be quite happy to pay for this game, but I suppose it being free would be like the extra icing on top. :)
Honestly I am loving this project, as to those saying this game lacks creativity and orginality. Do you even live in the same timeline as us? Because there is nothing originial anymore. Anything you can think of has been done in some way. I love how to game is developing it's taking a look at two charecters everyone knows but a deeper and way more personal level.
Last edited by [Pi] Reaver and the Doctor; Dec 6, 2016 @ 11:09pm
🧀Cheezy🧀 Dec 7, 2016 @ 3:33am 
Originally posted by Pi Reaver and the Doctor:
Honestly I am loving this project, as to those saying this game lacks creativity and orginality. Do you even live in the same timeline as us? Because there is nothing originial anymore. Anything you can think of has been done in some way. I love how to game is developing it's taking a look at two charecters everyone knows but a deeper and way more personal level.
So you're CONFIRMING that the game lacks originality.
Originally posted by Cheezey:
Originally posted by Pi Reaver and the Doctor:
So you're CONFIRMING that the game lacks originality.
Oh grow a set and soak your head. Seriously you're acting like you're still in elementary school. Everything that can be done in games is already done. If you can do it better than the Ambient project group, then perhaps you should be the one on the dev team and not them. No? You're not gonna step up and be lead dev on the team? Oh, my mistake good sir, I thought you actually knew what you were talking about. Get a grip man.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Per page: 15 30 50