ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Play As Dino!
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
FinntasticGames  [developer] Sep 22, 2015 @ 8:03am
Idea's and Feedback
In this discussion you can leave your idea's, which you think should be added to this mod. For example new dino's or functions. You can also leave here what you think is good or should be improved.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 115 comments
Ross Sep 22, 2015 @ 8:32am 
If you could make it so "admincheat EnemyInvisible true" could be enabled when starting the mod, so that dinoes dont attack the player character. im not sure if this makes it so that the dines are ignored too.
Ross Sep 22, 2015 @ 10:24am 
Any way to make it so that you can choose to be invisible or only remove the playermodel for the male OR female playermodel?
Last edited by Ross; Sep 22, 2015 @ 10:36am
FinntasticGames  [developer] Sep 22, 2015 @ 11:37am 
The female character model is still im the game.
Ross Sep 22, 2015 @ 12:00pm 
Originally posted by FinntasticGames:
The female character model is still im the game.
Sorry, I meant choose which model to remove. (like if I was running a server and I wanted the female model to be removed and have the male model still ingame)
Last edited by Ross; Sep 22, 2015 @ 12:18pm
Ross Sep 22, 2015 @ 12:16pm 
I think you should add more dinos that are not ridable, like what you did with the dodo, it would be awesome to play as a Dimorphodon or a Araneomorphus!
FinntasticGames  [developer] Sep 22, 2015 @ 1:05pm 
Okay, good idea!
Cardinal Walrus Sep 22, 2015 @ 3:09pm 
Ok so to start out i totally agree with Fortesque on the Dimo option haha. But im slightly concerned on how that would work? im not very good with the Dev Kit and frankly i dont wanna download it again, But can you possibly make it so that the player model is invisible? The camera angle is fine and changing that for EVERY dino would be a disaster, but i defenitely think making the player model invisible would be a good idea, or atleast launch it up to the top of the map.

Also, again im not fluent with ARK's dev kit, but can you set relations? if so, it would be interesting to see if you persay you spawn in as a Raptor, so other Raptors wont aggro you unless you provoke them?

And finally, in hand with the last idea, possibly make a way that you can "friend" or "recruit" other dinos, so maybe you can make a raptor pack? or a flock of Dimos? yes, a flock of Dimos is necessary
Velodimir Lenin Sep 22, 2015 @ 4:38pm 
The ability to see names/name the dino you play as would be nice.
Ahjeti Sep 22, 2015 @ 5:40pm 
Play as Dilo would be epic. Additionally, if there were some way to override player character oxygen needs, that would help greatly. nothing sucks worse than a "Pleiso" or Megalodon drowning....
Ahjeti Sep 22, 2015 @ 5:51pm 
Additionally, the menu seems nonfunctional.
FinntasticGames  [developer] Sep 23, 2015 @ 6:24am 
The whole menu?
Ahjeti Sep 23, 2015 @ 5:25pm 
Originally posted by FinntasticGames:
The whole menu?

The in-game menu you've added for dino selection. I can't seem to interract with it.
Netatsake Sep 23, 2015 @ 7:52pm 
As it stands, this is a very basic mod that essentially makes the player model transparent... Then mounts you on a dino that's essentially forcetamed so that it has an invisible saddle. What I would like to see is for this game to have an evolutionary tree, and perhaps a quest system of 'survival challenges.' Something to motivate us more to actually use it.

The evolution tree, for example; You start off as a Dilophosaur, spitting poison at people, then, much like Pokemon, you evolve into a raptor. From there, you can choose to evolve into either a Carno or an Argentavis. (which is a bit of an evolutionary stretch, but go with what we have) The Carno has the option to evolve into either a Spino or a Rex, letting you choose to be either versatile or extremely powerful. Ideally you'd want a different starter for herbivores and carnivores. Or maybe force people to start as a dodo and choose their evolution on land based off of how they choose to eat. Or, with the sea, you start as a megapiranha (possibly even with a school of friends, why not) and can evolve into an Icthyo and then into a megalodon, possibly even a Plesio.

For the survival challenges, you might have something as simple as 'kill X number of X dino type' or 'Find a mate' or even, for raptors and the like, 'Form a pack.' Goals and basic things that you'd want to actively be doing if you were living as that particular beast. But for the majority of that, you would have to A) be better at coding and B) do this as a total conversion. But the concept certainly has plenty of potential, you just need to put more work into it.
Cardinal Walrus Sep 24, 2015 @ 4:42pm 
Originally posted by netatsake:
As it stands, this is a very basic mod that essentially makes the player model transparent... Then mounts you on a dino that's essentially forcetamed so that it has an invisible saddle. What I would like to see is for this game to have an evolutionary tree, and perhaps a quest system of 'survival challenges.' Something to motivate us more to actually use it.

The evolution tree, for example; You start off as a Dilophosaur, spitting poison at people, then, much like Pokemon, you evolve into a raptor. From there, you can choose to evolve into either a Carno or an Argentavis. (which is a bit of an evolutionary stretch, but go with what we have) The Carno has the option to evolve into either a Spino or a Rex, letting you choose to be either versatile or extremely powerful. Ideally you'd want a different starter for herbivores and carnivores. Or maybe force people to start as a dodo and choose their evolution on land based off of how they choose to eat. Or, with the sea, you start as a megapiranha (possibly even with a school of friends, why not) and can evolve into an Icthyo and then into a megalodon, possibly even a Plesio.

For the survival challenges, you might have something as simple as 'kill X number of X dino type' or 'Find a mate' or even, for raptors and the like, 'Form a pack.' Goals and basic things that you'd want to actively be doing if you were living as that particular beast. But for the majority of that, you would have to A) be better at coding and B) do this as a total conversion. But the concept certainly has plenty of potential, you just need to put more work into it.

This is actually a really good idea, +1 bud
Ahjeti Sep 24, 2015 @ 7:34pm 
Originally posted by netatsake:
(cut for length)
What you are asking for is incredibly complicated, and not likely to happen any time soon. If he had 5 or 6 people working with him on this, you might get this kind of structuring in months...but for the scale of this mod right now, what you're asking is far beyond simply being unlikely.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 115 comments
Per page: 15 30 50