ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Play As Dino!
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
New Play as Dino! Server: Dino Survival *TEMP CLOSED*
*SERVER TEMPORARILY CLOSED - IP IS NOW USED BY A DIFFERENT SERVER*

New Play as Dino! server opening up today. More information will be posted in this thread.

Dino Survival: Play as Dino!
-70 Slots
-Ragnarok
-PVP (No Structure Damage/No Offline Raiding - Grind is safe, adventures cautious)
-Rates: Exp=20, Taming=8, Gathering=6
-Mods: See collection link below
-Discord: https://discord.gg/aTPKTnX
(Settings values subject to adjustments/testing)

General:
One dino per invisible player.
No invisible players without a dino.
Dinos cannot build bases, uses human structures (storage box and sleeping bags excluded)
Player dinos may only have mates if the mod allows - or if you're in a human's tribe and they tame you a mate.
Only humans can run private markets.
No building on/next to public markets.
Untamed player dinos can only be in tribes of all herbivores or all carnivores. Omnivores may join one or the other. As well as either all flyers or all swimmers.

Taming Player Dinos:
You can tame player dinos as a human, but must be through one of the following methods.

Hunt - the player dino hides or eludes the humans, while they try to KO it. Once they KO the player dino, they can be invited to the human's tribe.

Combat - The human may choose to fight the player dino himself, or use a tamed dino. Both parties fight until one team submits. If the player dinos gives up at low health, the human may invite them into the tribe.

Comfort - The human lures the dinos with their favorite kibble, and provides them with shelter, food, a mate and protection. This is mainly for smaller dinos, or those looking to join a tribe. Some dinos are naturally curious of humans, or able to understand the benefit the companionship provides.

**Player dinos choose the method in which to be tamed

As for dinos not on the list - there will be a new method:

In order to play a non listed dino - you must FIRST be tamed by a human player. Then that human player must tame the dino you're looking to change to.

For any other questions, feel free to get in touch. Will be updating this post if any info changes. Again, please keep in mind that rules, prices and settings are still being tuned. Thanks again!

Official discord: https://discord.gg/aTPKTnX
Steam Mod Collection: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908055509
Last edited by KittyButt; Sep 29 @ 8:16am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 215 comments
123 Apr 14 @ 9:27am 
Will 100% check it out! after the alst server shut down the fourms have been kinda... empty, so i hope this is spark it back up!
Originally posted by NanoSpirit:
Will 100% check it out! after the alst server shut down the fourms have been kinda... empty, so i hope this is spark it back up!

hopefully! I was surprised another server hasn't come along yet - so figured i'd start one back up.
Some of the server settings may change in the future, but figured this was a good way to test it out.
pls dont do the center
KittyButt Apr 14 @ 10:44am 
Originally posted by davidgonsalwesp:
pls dont do the center

Changed to the island, also added a few mods for those who prefer to play as human.
Originally posted by Gemini:
Originally posted by davidgonsalwesp:
pls dont do the center

Changed to the island, also added a few mods for those who prefer to play as human.

your awesome
KittyButt Apr 14 @ 12:10pm 
server now live - after adding a few updates
Thank you SOOO much for making this server, i have been waiting for soo long!
Originally posted by Golden Drop:
Thank you SOOO much for making this server, i have been waiting for soo long!

No problem! Still have a bit of adjusting to do to before it's in it's final settings. If the pvp safe zone mod ever gets working again, I might try to turn this into pvp as well (with several safe zones around the map).
I believe one was just set up, i will share the info shortly
I tried to join the other day, but it wouldn't let me find the server. Is there another way to get in? I've really wanted to play a Play as Dino Server
Originally posted by Drag0nflash:
I tried to join the other day, but it wouldn't let me find the server. Is there another way to get in? I've really wanted to play a Play as Dino Server

use the link in the top
Bat Crow Apr 16 @ 11:09am 
how many mods are on this server besides play as dino mod?
KittyButt Apr 16 @ 11:38am 
Originally posted by Bat Crow:
how many mods are on this server besides play as dino mod?
There are a few, but mainly small QoL ones. Like auto torches, eco terrariums, water bore pipe, bridges, etc.
updated with more info
Howlite Apr 16 @ 7:26pm 
are these servers still up? :o because i'd love to play on one tbh,
< >
Showing 1-15 of 215 comments
Per page: 15 30 50