Arma 3
Zombies and Demons
Reign May 20, 2017 @ 4:50am
Lowering Infection Chance based on Assigned Items
I was wondering if it's possible to make a unit specific code to be used in multiplayer to lower the infection chance based on equipped items.

For example I have the infection chance set to 50, and wish to lower it by certain values depending on the CBRN (NBC) equipment the player (or npc) has equipped.

if ("skn_m50_gas_mask_hood" in assignedItems player) then
{
this select 0 [ryanzombiesinfectedchance = ryanzombiesinfectedchance - 20]
}
else exitWith {};

I would love some input and help, and would absolutely love some refinement if this is possible!

Thanks!
Last edited by Reign; May 20, 2017 @ 4:51am
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Tsar May 20, 2017 @ 9:00pm 
I just written a script for this lastnight and It works. It sets the value based on what gear they're wearing (more covered = less chance) but according to Ryan the chance of infection is the same for all players.
Reign May 21, 2017 @ 12:49am 
I would really love to take a look at what you've got, if you don't mind.

That's what I was afraid of, it being a global value. Well darn. Hm. There has got to be a way.

Thanks for the response bruddah!
Last edited by Reign; May 21, 2017 @ 12:50am
Tsar May 21, 2017 @ 7:31am 
I've asked Ryan if it's possible to change it to be client side or something but we'll see.

This code should work but I haven't tested it since making some changes. I've also commented the code to explain the basics of what's happening.

https://pastebin.com/MxW1cxU7
Reign May 21, 2017 @ 9:08am 
I really appreciate the effort put into it, it looks brilliant. I'll give it a shot Tuesday with a call function to display the numbers via a hint. Thank you for sharing. This could easily be translated to help with the nerve gas and chem weapon scripts that are dying out.

It would be interesting to see the function go client side or be unit specific, for sure. It would add a level of detail and reward to gameplay if this works.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50