This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
EVERSPACE™
ROCKFISH Games  [developer] Jul 26, 2015 @ 6:09am
GOF Support – What happened to Fishlabs?
Firstly, we don’t own the rights to the IP anymore. We know that many of you wanted even more DLCs for GOF2. Technically the code base was on its last legs for any more content to be added and we had investors at Fishlabs back then breathing down our neck to go F2P on mobile, eventually. That is why we came up with Galaxy on Fire – Alliances with a separate team and we tried really hard to make this not too much like a typical F2P game.

At the same time our original GOF-team has been working on Galaxy on Fire 3 for almost a year before we ran out of money and eventually we have been forced out of our own studio by Koch Media (that’s a very long story that we cannot share publicly).

As a matter of fact, we didn’t get a single Dime out of that “deal” so we had to start from scratch after 10 years of hard work and lots of private money spent. Wtith our family's last savings we kicked off ROCKFISH Games and this Pre-Alpha is how far we came. Which is why we need your help now to get EVERSPACE co-funded on Kickstarter starting on August, 6th.

Please sign up at http://everspace-game.com and we will ping you when the KS campaign is live.
Last edited by ROCKFISH Games; Jul 26, 2015 @ 6:10am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Seivon_Archetype Jul 26, 2015 @ 9:39am 
Hey Rockfish! Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but I have a really good feeling about your new IP! The pre-alpha footage looks amazing! Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that there's a relatively new Subreddit devoted to your new game - it's called 'Everspacegame' and it could really help with getting the word out about your title.
Omniportance Jul 27, 2015 @ 9:09pm 
The name and logo look promising - must catchier and more succinct than GOF, but that is a shame for GOF3, RIP GOF
Moss Jul 28, 2015 @ 1:17pm 
Supposedly you've got less money than ever, yet you came out with something that stomps on GoF in every way.

I'm impressed. Even as an AAA game, this would be impressive at the budget ($40) range. I really hope you all do well, but be careful about marketing this game. There are a few keyphrases ("Survival," "Crafting," etc.) that should probably be avoided.
ROCKFISH Games  [developer] Jul 29, 2015 @ 3:12am 
Thanks for your praise! Very heart-warming to hear things like that. In particular after our "journey" the last two years. We do have less money, indeed. But we are not a studio of 80 FTEs anymore fighting multiple battles with investors about the direction of the studio (F2P anyone?) and we are working laser-focused (haha) on a space shooter with UE4 which is a blast (haha, again)!
Zenith Jul 29, 2015 @ 3:02pm 
I loved the GoF series, and was particularly salty when the PC version didn't get any expansions. But if all of this was going on behind the scenes, then no wonder! I'm really sorry to hear about it, but at the same time, perhaps a fresh start isn't such a bad thing. Just don't let any investors and/or publishers get involved, because as soon as that happens... well, you guys don't deserve that kind of situation again.

You can count me in as soon as the Kickstarter campaign starts, and I've also voted a big YES! on the Greenlight page. Good luck!
Jerry Dandrige Aug 4, 2015 @ 10:45am 
We know that many of you wanted even more DLCs for GOF2.

No. Many of us wanted the SAME addons/DLCs that you gave to every other bloody platform EXCEPT Windows, where you effectively told us all to sod off and deal with it.

No. No sympathy from me. I wish to god I could get back all the money I spent on you guys. This is coming from someone that bought every single game you ever made, on every platform you made it on with the exception of GoF2FHD on Mac. I will not vote, I will not back the KS, I will not buy the game.
Last edited by Jerry Dandrige; Aug 4, 2015 @ 10:45am
vondav1d Aug 4, 2015 @ 8:07pm 
glad you guys made it through just take it easy no rush xD and together you guys will make it ;) .. trailer looks amazing! and Gof was amazing better than i thought so I have high hopes for Everspace :D
Vodoinstalater Aug 13, 2015 @ 8:49am 
But what is Fishlabs doing now ? We wanted DLC's for Steam. Come one is it really that hard to port from MAC to PC ? Plus you did not allowed us to mod this game . You were worst support ever ( Worst than EA ) , you cant even fix a simple problem. I wont buy this game. I will wait to get it for free on some giveaway I do not want to get tricked .
ROCKFISH Games  [developer] Aug 13, 2015 @ 9:44am 
Sorry about that but we really don't have any say here nor do we know what Deep Silver Fishlabs is up to these days!
Moss Aug 13, 2015 @ 10:35am 
Originally posted by Vodoinstalater:
But what is Fishlabs doing now ? We wanted DLC's for Steam. Come one is it really that hard to port from MAC to PC ? Plus you did not allowed us to mod this game . You were worst support ever ( Worst than EA ) , you cant even fix a simple problem. I wont buy this game. I will wait to get it for free on some giveaway I do not want to get tricked .
Welcome to mega-corps, the places where $1 is too much.
thenoname711 Sep 5, 2015 @ 3:33am 
GoF 3 was under development? What happened with the project now?
ROCKFISH Games  [developer] Sep 5, 2015 @ 2:27pm 
Honestly, we don't know!
Moss Sep 5, 2015 @ 2:55pm 
Originally posted by ROCKFISH Games:
Honestly, we don't know!
My guess is that they'll take its remains and try to make it into a Game of War clone.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 15 30 50