This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
The Consuming Shadow
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Shoku  [developer] Aug 4, 2015 @ 4:55pm
Game Improvement Suggestions
Hey,

We're discussing how to improve the game, with a focus on how to make the game more interesting for speed runners and streamers. So far, we're considering challenges, tower mode, daily random seeds, maybe. Do you have any ideas of how you'd like these kinds of features?
Last edited by Shoku; Aug 15, 2015 @ 12:20am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
Bird Genocide. Aug 5, 2015 @ 2:26am 
Maybe an endless mode or something? Not really sure how that would work with this game, but maybe when (if) you beat the gaame it starts over with some of the loot/money from before, or another portal opens somewhere that isn't stonehenge and you have to solve that and so on? could possibly add a mechanic to that where you can use up or lose an item to make it so but the time youve won once you don't just have everything and its easy.
Sum Fuk Aug 5, 2015 @ 3:05am 
Maybe Something Like Time Is reduced or only "BIG" variants of the mobs..... Except for the ghost face *Shivers* The ghost face
Lethal Failure Aug 5, 2015 @ 3:18am 
Maybe some sort of ridiculous over-the-top hardcore mode with like 6 possible invading Gods or something and extra-vague clues, but with the same amount of game time?
Last edited by Lethal Failure; Aug 5, 2015 @ 3:21am
CN Aug 5, 2015 @ 3:47am 
Possibly to encourage re-playability, the aspects of the Gods could have more of an impact in the game, beyond just flavour text on corpses and clues.
Admittedly, it'd be somewhat hard to juggle alongside making sure that it isn't too easy to piece clues together, but I can think of at least one idea that wouldn't impact that balance:
The fight against the God at the end could have a few aspect unique abilities, just to mix up the ending.
Jackaphobia Aug 5, 2015 @ 4:59am 
A Mode where every hour/few minutes your max health drops abit, so you got to keep on rushing to find safe towns to always be healhing up would be very intreating for Streaming. Like the '7 Day Survivor/Infinity Mode' from Dead Rising.Or some sort of Horde mode.
Nerdyish Things Aug 5, 2015 @ 5:10am 
Love this! I watched Jim Sterling's look at the game. Colour me interested in streaming this!
Princess Rachel Aug 5, 2015 @ 7:04am 
My suggestion would be to try and change some terminology & tweak certain aspects of the game that were blatantly copied from Eternal Darkness, otherwise streamers will be playing drinking games with how many times you can reference Eternal Darkness.
Aviron Aug 5, 2015 @ 7:43am 
Daily random seeds with leaderboards is the way to go, maybe tweaking the scoring formula so time left matters (the faster you go the better score you get). To mix things up, One Way Heroics had various seeds per day with different challenges attached (e.g. You can't heal serious injuries, or you can't buy items but can place 7 birth stars): it was great because you played every day to find a new challenge to beat.

A more pressing problem is the UI looks like♥♥♥♥♥and the game desperately needs more content (more random encounters, dungeon missions should be more varied, more sanity effects): what's in there is good but is not enough to keep people invested for a long time.
kono yaro! Aug 6, 2015 @ 3:27am 
...hire an artist? I don't mind the overall look when I play the game, but it really comes across as a Newgrounds game from 2002 in the videos.

I like the idea of adding some kind of crazy challenge modes, though. Streamers would be all over it.
Last edited by kono yaro!; Aug 6, 2015 @ 3:57am
An opposite mode where you need to figure out where/who The Ministry Man is and kill him before he ruins your god's plan. Of course I guess that does raise the question "Why not just wait at stonehenge?"
Snow Aug 6, 2015 @ 8:31am 
Perhaps the ability to create your own character, customize stats, appearance, ect
Last edited by Snow; Aug 6, 2015 @ 8:32am
kono yaro! Aug 6, 2015 @ 11:35am 
Originally posted by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON!!!:
Of course I guess that does raise the question "Why not just wait at stonehenge?"
Somebody has to go around and corrupt townspeople, it's not as easy as it looks!
Ciris the Gecko Aug 6, 2015 @ 2:10pm 
I think it would be neat to have a feature like Binding of Isaac where you can share the seed with people so they can run the same one as you as a form of competition.
Originally posted by Ciris the Gecko:
I think it would be neat to have a feature like Binding of Isaac where you can share the seed with people so they can run the same one as you as a form of competition.

Yeah and timers so people can race the game with others. Because racing is fun.
I was thinking I'd really like to see a mode with more than 60 hours, but all 5 of the gods are active at the same time, so the clues and the logic puzzle get crazy, and you have to of course be good at the game to stay alive long enough to figure it out and stop the invaing god/gods.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
Per page: 15 30 50