This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
The Consuming Shadow
FinCthulhu Aug 1, 2015 @ 11:45pm
Fastest runs
Yes, this is where you boast about your fastest run. Naturally, only runs where you get to fight the Ancient counts, shooting yourself at the main menu doesn't!

How many hours were left when you got to Stonehenge's inner chamber, did you know or guess who the invader was, what character you played as, how many birth stars used, and what ending you got.

Mine was 35 hours remaining as the Scholar with the ultimate sacrifice ending, trying to see if I could beat the Ancient without banishing it. I was almost certain who the invader was, found last clue in Stonehenge. Used 5 birth stars, 1 for car speed, 2 for medkit capacity, and 1 each to sanity and health.

Of course, without evidence any run posted here is, sadly, suspect. Do try to not be jerks, ok?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Vermillion Aug 2, 2015 @ 9:44pm 
Playing as 'Not Trilby' with 30mins to remain from his 24 hours to win mandate.
Had a 50/50 chance of guessing who the Ancient one was based not on clues but from a mission where i had to guess the right Ancient ones box to get free stuff.
With that clue, the glyph and some guesswork I was able to knock out 3 of the glyphs and had to guess what the right one was, seems I guessed right when I battled the Ancient old one for about 2mins trying to win in vain but got devoured in the end.
snidramon Aug 14, 2015 @ 10:05pm 
I finished a run as Tribly in about three minutes. I think the fastest possible run (without guessing) is just three rooms, though I doubt I'll have the persistane in the face of the RNG gods.
Chaosmancer Aug 15, 2015 @ 7:08am 
Originally posted by snidramon:
I finished a run as Tribly in about three minutes. I think the fastest possible run (without guessing) is just three rooms, though I doubt I'll have the persistane in the face of the RNG gods.

That's about the same as my fastest run. Basically, just go to Stonehenge, note down runes and aspects, and any clues you just so happen to get before the boss room, and go for what you think is right. I managed to eliminate the 50/50 just before the boss room by getting the clues about the God identified by X rune (in this case, EU) is not the invading God.
EVEILMINION Aug 15, 2015 @ 8:57pm 
I was sure you wouldn't get a " Not invading god " Clue as anything other then a dungeon clear drop.
Chaosmancer Aug 16, 2015 @ 1:47am 
Originally posted by EVEILMINION:
I was sure you wouldn't get a " Not invading god " Clue as anything other then a dungeon clear drop.

I think it's just very rare to get it elsewhere. I've definitely had a few 'the God of lust is not the invading God', or 'the God identified by the EU rune is not the invading God'. Possibly the end of dungeon bonus is the one that goes 'Yushg is not the invading god'.
I think TCS isn't a very speedrun friendly game, since you can possibly go strait to stonehenge and correctly guess the ritual. I had a Misitry Man run that i had it figured out after two dungeons(i had to use the wall runes to piece together the invading gods relationships), and then found the ladder in the second room in stonehenge. I also had a run where as the wizard the mass death spell was also the first three runes of of the banishment ritual so the game thought i was trying to cast it so that really sped up that run. Finished with about 24 hours left.
Last edited by malphas the infernal; Aug 17, 2015 @ 2:12pm
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 15 30 50