Crusader Kings II

Crusader Kings II

Crisis of the Confederation (LEGACY)
Zaleo Zöuñ Apr 26, 2015 @ 12:37am
UNOFFICIAL ISSUES THREAD
Hi!

Looking through the comments section you can see plenty of multi-posting and self-correction due to the comment section limitations. In a Steam discussion thread, one can post longer comments, edit them, and make them look neat and clean. Hopefully, it will be easier for the creator to read through and deal with issues.

Please, post your issues here, and avoid multi-posting.

NOTE: Issues range from bugs to that which is unbalanced, aswell as things which are off-putting. One can see this as a feedback thread in that sense.
Last edited by Zaleo Zöuñ; Apr 26, 2015 @ 12:41am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 121 comments
Zaleo Zöuñ Apr 26, 2015 @ 12:44am 
REPORT |2015-04-26|
  1. The "Take Concubine" Diplomacy option for Space Pirates tooltip mentions Pagans.
  2. Has PTSD trait does not show up in the trait bar.
  3. Planet/system changes culture event has no text.
  4. Japanese particle "no" is misused. Ex: Yasuo no Okyoto = Yasuo's Okyoto
  5. Republic screen, "Respect" tooltip says that no women can be elected. Doge/Patrician mentioned.
  6. ON-363 in the Principito Sector is landlocked and "galleys" can neither enter nor leave.
  7. CEO Building transformation. (Image)
  8. Pirate Lady Salman isn't really a pirate, nor a lady. (Image)
  9. (?) Republic family women can't marry matrilineally.
  10. (?) Deep space fleets are called Galleys
  11. (?) "This kid shows spirit!" event triggers. Educated child gains cold trait.
  12. (?) Everyone does not have a sexual preference.
  13. (?) Damaged vessel event only has two options - "no ships to spare" or "let them die".
  14. (?) No kinslayer trait / negatives except for other relatives' disgust.
  15. (?) Europa, Io and Titan are moons of different planets in the Solar system, but are named as Planets in the game.
CLARIFICATION: The (?) indicates possible misconceptions, creator intentions, player faults.
Last edited by Zaleo Zöuñ; Sep 8, 2015 @ 8:31am
After a short while playing, the game crashes a few days after whatever save I've loaded. Truth be told, not necessarily a problem with this particular mod, since it does the same thing with most every world conversion mod. Haven't the foggiest how to fix it.
Sulphuric_Glue Apr 26, 2015 @ 8:35am 
@//Samuel J. Ahonen//
In normal CK2 as well as this mod, women seem to have a far lower social standing in republics than anywhere else - they cannot matritlaifjdisfbdsvf (idk how you spell it) marry or become a ruler without the help of the Ruler Designer. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the intention of the devs.
Galle  [developer] Apr 26, 2015 @ 9:20am 
This is now the official unofficial issues thread.

The "Take Concubine" Diplomacy option for Space Pirates tooltip mentions Pagans.

Duly noted. Will be fixed in the next release.

Has PTSD trait does not show up in the trait bar.

Can anyone verify? The trait icon does exist - it should show up as a red heart-shaped icon with two dogtags on it.

Planet/system changes culture event has no text.

Known issue. Will hopefully be fixed in future versions.

Japanese particle "no" is misused. Ex: Yasuo no Okyoto = Yasuo's Okyoto

Hardcoded limitation. Ideally, such dynasty names should not appear at all, but Paradox makes this frustratingly difficult. The game engine also does not support prepositional suffixes, so "Okyoto no Yasuo" or even "Yasuo Okyto no" are impossible.

Republic screen, "Respect" tooltip says that no women can be elected. Doge/Patrician mentioned.

Duly noted, will be fixed in next version.

ON-363 in the Principito Sector is landlocked and "galleys" can neither enter nor leave.

Confirmed, and highly unusual. Not sure what could be causing it, will investigate.

CEO Building transformation. (Image)

Hardcoded limitation (the Republic code REALLY doesn't like gender equality). The corporation does still exist, however. It can be found by selecting one of your other holdings, opening its building screen, and using the arrow buttons to cycle through your holdings until you reach the corporation. In this way you can still construct buildings.

Pirate Lady Salman isn't really a pirate, nor a lady. (Image)

Vanilla bug.

(?) Republic family women can't marry matrilineally.

Hardcoded limitation. An event-based workaround is in place. May expand this to a diplomatic screen workaround in future versions. Also note that this only applies to political marriages - the "marry your lover" decision will properly calculate patrilineality vs matrilineality based on relative rank.

(?) Deep space fleets are called Galleys

In what contexts?

(?) "This kid shows spirit!" event triggers. Educated child gains cold trait.

Probably a localization issue. Will investigate. Screenshots would be helpful.

(?) Everyone does not have a sexual preference.

Sexual preferences are pre-determined for historical characters and determined at puberty for non-historical characters. To avoid a lot of tedious data entry, heterosexual historical characters do not have an explicit Heterosexual trait, because that's the game's default behavior.

(?) Damaged vessel event only has two options - "no ships to spare" or "let them die".

WAD. You must have at least one active fleet (not currently engaged in combat) in the system in order to mount a rescue mission. Retinues are important in COTC.

(?) No kinslayer trait / negatives except for othe relatives' disgust.

WAD. Medieval values vs modern values.

• (?) Europa, Io and Titan are moons of different planets in the Solar system, but are named as Planets in the game.

Hardcoded limitation. Same principle applies to other moons and even space stations. "World" might be a better term.
Last edited by Galle; Apr 26, 2015 @ 9:24am
Derek Apr 26, 2015 @ 9:35am 
Can confirm pdsd trait doesnt show up on trait bar

Edit-there is a blank space where it should be
Last edited by Derek; Apr 26, 2015 @ 9:40am
Derek Apr 26, 2015 @ 11:27am 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432714125

EDIT-I think I found the promblem it has to do with the mod files that are compressed.When I coppied and unzipped those files (and copped and edited the .mod files(Edit-file not files) for the new uncompressed copy) the province came back
Last edited by Derek; Apr 27, 2015 @ 2:40pm
Guy Apr 26, 2015 @ 11:48am 
Can confirm ptsd not showing up, though I had too many traits to tell if there was a blank space. It is avaliable in ruler designer, haven't tested putting it on.

Also, update on the female ruler republic issues: It seems to work fine at the ducal level with a female ruler+female successor, but fails at the kingdom and empire levels and in different ways. Emperor level had a display screwup for successor but could access the HQ, while the kingdom level can't with a female ruler regardless of successor gender

EDIT: never mind, apparently the bug shows up when it correctly identifies a dynastic heir, but only sometimes. I don't even know where one would start looking.
Last edited by Guy; Apr 26, 2015 @ 1:13pm
Galle  [developer] Apr 26, 2015 @ 1:45pm 
I'm not really sure I can do anything about the PTSD icon issue - I can clearly see it on the icon bar when I launch the game up, so it appears to be a client-side issue of some kind. That or some oddly platform-specific issue with the exact file format? I'm not sure.
Some decisions (when hovered over in the decision panel) display in GROSSALLCAPSANDINONEWORD which doesn't tell me what will happen if I fire them and it's off putting to look at. Really the only negative I've come across, though, spectacular work otherwise.

Edit: Not only decisions, but also some titles appear in the all caps etc format.

*sigh*, Edit: Apparently I'm an idiot who can't remember a thing from one minute to the next. *Titles* appear in under_score_title_name format and decisions appear INALLCAPSANDINONEWORD
Last edited by OURGOLDENHAIREDCHILDBOYGOD; Apr 26, 2015 @ 2:30pm
argopost Apr 27, 2015 @ 7:04am 
No spaceship textures on Mac. Is it generally possible to fix it?
Derek Apr 27, 2015 @ 2:51pm 
Argopost-
You might try copying the files(then renaming the folder), uncompress the files then rename the .mod file and open it then rename the text within the "Crisis of the Confederation" and "mod/crisis_of_the_confederation.zip" to the renamed uncompressed file except in the "mod/crisis_of_the_confederation.zip" leave the mod/.

I might not help but it did solve my missing system problem from a prevous post.

Edit-btw I don't have a Mac so I'm not sure how steam downloads or Ck2 uses mods for Mac but I'm assuming its somewhat similar to Windows
Last edited by Derek; Apr 27, 2015 @ 2:58pm
As the president of the New Frontier, I ended up being trapped in a Vote of No Confidence event loop where the event fired again and again and no vote ever took place, just leeching away at my prestige.
Galle  [developer] Apr 28, 2015 @ 7:43am 
Originally posted by Call Your Mother:
Some decisions (when hovered over in the decision panel) display in GROSSALLCAPSANDINONEWORD which doesn't tell me what will happen if I fire them and it's off putting to look at. Really the only negative I've come across, though, spectacular work otherwise.

Edit: Not only decisions, but also some titles appear in the all caps etc format.

*sigh*, Edit: Apparently I'm an idiot who can't remember a thing from one minute to the next. *Titles* appear in under_score_title_name format and decisions appear INALLCAPSANDINONEWORD

This is still technically in Beta, and there will be cases of missing localizations like these. It would help immensely if you could mention specific descriptions that are missing, though.

(don't bother with the titles, still working on those)

Originally posted by argopost:
No spaceship textures on Mac. Is it generally possible to fix it?

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about CK2 on Mac to help with this.

Originally posted by Call Your Mother:
As the president of the New Frontier, I ended up being trapped in a Vote of No Confidence event loop where the event fired again and again and no vote ever took place, just leeching away at my prestige.

I'll investigate this issue. What options were you presented with, and what happened when you clicked them exactly?
Guy Apr 28, 2015 @ 12:31pm 
I can offer some more info on the vote of no confidence loop thing. I got an option to hold elections(forget the exact description) that cost 100 prestige and "I have no confidence in the senate" that cost 500 prestige and triggered a constitutional crisis. Some time after the loop started, a vote actually happened; I think that it does get scheduled but only happens later and doesn't lock out new no confidence demands. And if you do win the election they can hold another no-confidence vote.

On a more general note, the various demands and confrontations should probably have a time limit on repeats and maybe some opinion limits. As a space pirate who took over a republic-level title, I kept getting a democratic legislature demand from a faction containing several clone-daughters with opinions ranging from high double digits to 100, and after I stood up to them and defeated the people willing to join the anti-me faction (none of whom were clone-daughters) I got the demand again and this time no one actually joined the resistance faction. I also sometimes gave into them and the senate promptly dissolved itself.

Also, I think the rebalancing to focus on retinues and the way capital ships work has left the faction system a bit screwed up. I get 400% power factions with shocking regularity. This might be a bit difficult to pull off, but maybe the power comparison should be against the total levies+retinues of everyone not in the faction to account for the send on campaign system?

I may also have diagnosed some of the "lose on election" issues, though in my case this was when I had a dynastic heir on death: it's possible that your primary title becomes a county-level city, and even with The Republic county-level and noncoastal republics are unplayable. Game over on winning may be from similar issues with temple holdings, making the nation into a theocracy. Or it might be another symptom of CK2 republics being strictly agnatic.

One more issue: you can't give titles to people seeking a marriage of love because they can't marry and produce heirs.
Last edited by Guy; Apr 28, 2015 @ 12:33pm
Jakalor Apr 28, 2015 @ 1:04pm 
Originally posted by Guy:
One more issue: you can't give titles to people seeking a marriage of love because they can't marry and produce heirs.
You can, you just can't give them any castles. And you can't even give them castles as vassals even after they've been landed either.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 121 comments
Per page: 1530 50