This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
River City Ransom: Underground
sarahcmaas  [developer] Jul 3, 2016 @ 1:43pm
Q and A
I wanted to introduce myself- I respond to email, FB and Twitter and I'm setting up shop here. Stuff may get lost in the Steam comment thread, so I wanted to create a forum here as well. Feel free to ask me game stuff, I'll get back to you. Thanks! Sarah, team RCRU
Last edited by sarahcmaas; Jul 4, 2016 @ 6:16am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 151 comments
ncy1208 Jul 4, 2016 @ 9:56pm 
请问游戏七月份可以上市吗?
dafirus Jul 5, 2016 @ 8:37am 
Has any chance of characters from Double Dragon appear in the game? It would be able to you make a Double Dragon game after launching the RCRU?
The Bro Stump Jul 5, 2016 @ 1:13pm 
It would be nice if you guys would not do a last second pull out and push game back further. Just give us a heads up if you are going to push back game....and how about some new gamplay videos to keep the doomsayers down and to show us what the game looks like now? To help keep faith in this game and to show that this game is truly still being worked on? Just saying it is doesn't help alot. :(
sarahcmaas  [developer] Jul 5, 2016 @ 3:16pm 
Originally posted by The Bro Stump:
It would be nice if you guys would not do a last second pull out and push game back further. Just give us a heads up if you are going to push back game....and how about some new gamplay videos to keep the doomsayers down and to show us what the game looks like now? To help keep faith in this game and to show that this game is truly still being worked on? Just saying it is doesn't help alot. :(

We hear your frustration. Since we are beholden to a licensor and backers, we have to set deadlines and we can't be as transparent as we'd like about game development. We can definitely do better with updates and plan to do so now that we are content complete. I'd have to ask the producer specifically about videos, but it's my understanding that creating and editing a video during crunch time would take away valuable resources devoted to completing the game. We have 133 levels, 22 shops, and 547 moves completed- I assure you this game is truly being worked on.
sarahcmaas  [developer] Jul 5, 2016 @ 5:47pm 
Originally posted by dafirus:
Has any chance of characters from Double Dragon appear in the game? It would be able to you make a Double Dragon game after launching the RCRU?

Yes, there will be Double Dragon characters in RCRU! We haven't thought beyond game development after RCRU yet. Time will tell!
ncy1208 Jul 5, 2016 @ 6:34pm 
So, will the game be in July or August? Can you tell me a little bit? I can't wait.
sarahcmaas  [developer] Jul 6, 2016 @ 5:55pm 
Originally posted by :
So, will the game be in July or August? Can you tell me a little bit? I can't wait.

We will update as we check each thing off the list. Things should be a lot more clear about where we stand and game progress as we enter the home stretch.
sarahcmaas  [developer] Jul 6, 2016 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by :
请问游戏七月份可以上市吗?

We will update as we prepare for launch.
Retronium_Duster Jul 6, 2016 @ 6:14pm 
Talking about the content on the game, River city Ransom: Underground will be able to play some minigames from another Nekketsu Kouha Kunio Kun spin off's like: Super Dodgeball, Cross Country, Battle Royal, Camphor Ball, Hammer Throw, Swimming, 400 meter hurdles, Roof Top Jumping, Soccerball and Ice Hockey?
Last edited by Retronium_Duster; Jul 6, 2016 @ 7:52pm
dafirus Jul 7, 2016 @ 7:36am 
Originally posted by sarahcmaas:
Originally posted by dafirus:

Yes, there will be Double Dragon characters in RCRU! We haven't thought beyond game development after RCRU yet. Time will tell!

Thanks a lot to answer me! I have high expectations for this game! Please, continue working hard to do it, and thank the whole team for this! o/
jert_mcgirt Jul 7, 2016 @ 3:21pm 
Great to see you guys are finally getting toward a release! As an old-school gamer who never really got into too many 3D games or FPS', I live for retro-themed or GOOD 2D games. A few questions:

First: How many playable characters are there in total?

Second: In some of the early videos and screens, there was redheaded female character - Roxy I think? Is she still a playable character?

Last question is a two-parter: Is the online multiplayer still alive and kicking? If so, is there an option for being paired up with random online users for some anonymous co-op?

Really anticipating this game, and glad I backed it on Kickstarter! Don't listen to any of the impatient doom from all the naysayers; if the game lives up to the original in any way, I'm sure it'll have great reviews and lots of people will enjoy it!
ncy1208 Jul 8, 2016 @ 8:49am 
Thank you for your reply! But now in the steam has been questioned you, I hope you can still get some results! For example a new forecast video, or to sell as soon as possible
Originally posted by sarahcmaas:
Originally posted by :

We will update as we check each thing off the list. Things should be a lot more clear about where we stand and game progress as we enter the home stretch.
The Bro Stump Jul 8, 2016 @ 2:25pm 
atlest tell us that this game wont be like what happen to Mighty No. 9.
sarahcmaas  [developer] Jul 10, 2016 @ 10:21am 
Originally posted by Strauss Morphideus:
Talking about the content on the game, River city Ransom: Underground will be able to play some minigames from another Nekketsu Kouha Kunio Kun spin off's like: Super Dodgeball, Cross Country, Battle Royal, Camphor Ball, Hammer Throw, Swimming, 400 meter hurdles, Roof Top Jumping, Soccerball and Ice Hockey?

No, we won't be able to play minigames from other spin offs. Thanks, Sarah team RCRU
sarahcmaas  [developer] Jul 10, 2016 @ 10:24am 
Originally posted by jert_mcgirt:
Great to see you guys are finally getting toward a release! As an old-school gamer who never really got into too many 3D games or FPS', I live for retro-themed or GOOD 2D games. A few questions:

First: How many playable characters are there in total?

Second: In some of the early videos and screens, there was redheaded female character - Roxy I think? Is she still a playable character?

Last question is a two-parter: Is the online multiplayer still alive and kicking? If so, is there an option for being paired up with random online users for some anonymous co-op?

Really anticipating this game, and glad I backed it on Kickstarter! Don't listen to any of the impatient doom from all the naysayers; if the game lives up to the original in any way, I'm sure it'll have great reviews and lots of people will enjoy it!

There are more than 6 playable characters.

Online multiplayer is still a feature, matchmaking is dependent on the service used (i.e. Steam), and the game has an interface for direct p2p connections where one player plays host and up to 3 others connect to them.

You'll have to play the game to find out about Roxy! (;

Thanks for your support! Sarah, team RCRU
< >
Showing 1-15 of 151 comments
Per page: 15 30 50