Space Engineers

Space Engineers

S - Modular Thruster - DX11
Thruster power
I see alot of people in the comments here asking for the power to be reduced. I really love these thrusters, but i always try to avoid using them since they're so OP, like more powerfull than a large thruster.

I mean obviously its your mod do what you like, but do you think you could atleast release an anternate version that are a bit more balenced? I'm sure many users of this mod would be very grateful!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Chuck Jul 28, 2016 @ 3:54am 
Yes please!!!

These are absolutely amazing works, and it's a pity, because no server admin in his right mind is going to allow these on his server. Adding these to the server mod list would immediately obsolesce every other thruster in the game, effectively REDUCING the variety available to the players.

I recognize that every mod developer has every right to issue his mod as he sees fit. And for making the mod at all, and adding to the community, I still would like to say thank you. It's an outstanding mod, even if I can't personally make use of it. It's wonderful in creative mode, where no one cares about balance. But it just seems like a crying shame that such excellent thrusters are kept out of reach of players on balanced servers.

A balanced version of these would be HUGELY appreciated.
Greyson XMG Mar 22, 2017 @ 2:37am 
I hugely agree... These thrusters are so OP that it makes no sense to use anything else. It clears the field and obsolites all others.
Ghost Aug 1, 2018 @ 7:02am 
Have you tried contacting him via his e-mail? He should answer you more quickly that way. He always asks for mod requests, so in theory you're requesting a new mod which doesn't tons of work, so maybe we'll get lucky and see an alternate version soon.
Mike Loeven Sep 16, 2018 @ 11:46pm 
Personally I think other thrusters are UP and need to be adjusted using sektans balance as the baseline
Kona / コナ Nov 7, 2018 @ 7:05pm 
I have to admit, I really like the responsiveness I get by using these thrusters. I think all thrusters should be balanced in a middle-ground between normal thrusters and these thrusters
Mike Loeven Nov 8, 2018 @ 10:35am 
Main issue is when you get rid of the 100m/s speed cap and than you really see how underpowered the thrusters actually are.

When you think about most real life airplanes have better acceleration with two jet engines compared to a ship with hundreds of the vanilla thrusters
Tobias May 6, 2021 @ 11:36pm 
if you want a balanct version here is one:

Dynamic Laser Compression Modular Thrusters

this is the name of it you only have to copi past it
Last edited by Tobias; May 6, 2021 @ 11:37pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50