This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Besiege
The_Bru_Pod Jan 22, 2015 @ 2:13am
PVP?
it would be cool to have pvp in this game or , evan to go up against a AI machine.
Last edited by The_Bru_Pod; Jan 22, 2015 @ 6:17am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
J E S T E R Jan 22, 2015 @ 3:16am 
True that
NoXPhasma Jan 22, 2015 @ 4:26am 
I think one big problem on PVP, which is not couch PVP, will be the physics. How do you want to share all those physics effects over the internet on time?
BataLeon Jan 22, 2015 @ 5:45am 
PvP means multiplayer and at the moment it's designed as a singleplayer, a lot of work would be needed to get it to multiplayer, that's not to say it might not be a option in the future though, probably just not so soon though.
The_Bru_Pod Jan 22, 2015 @ 6:05am 
i guess the slow-mo wouldnt work
BataLeon Jan 22, 2015 @ 6:30am 
Well you could have a replay function for after the match
Professor Teacup Jan 22, 2015 @ 6:52am 
Maybe it could be something like someone builds a place/ village and the other person has to build a machine to destroy it
The_Bru_Pod Jan 22, 2015 @ 7:01am 
Originally posted by Professor Oswald:
Maybe it could be something like someone builds a place/ village and the other person has to build a machine to destroy it
i didnt think of that ,but people could do things that are impossible
Last edited by The_Bru_Pod; Jan 22, 2015 @ 7:01am
Professor Teacup Jan 22, 2015 @ 7:24am 
Originally posted by The_Bru_Pod:
I realize that, but what would be the fun in that? yes people could build impossible things but then again people could also build impossible machines and since its a physics engine it will never happen the same way twice so why not just have some fun and make things a challenge and make other things that are easy but entertaining, ya know? sorry if that was confusing.
Something else to consider is how pvp would even work. It'd be very easy to just create a giant bomb and win every time. Also twice the machines means twice the components that the game has to load, which would cause a massive performance drop.

But still, we'll have to see what the devs come up with. :)
Professor Teacup Jan 22, 2015 @ 7:33am 
Originally posted by Von:
Something else to consider is how pvp would even work. It'd be very easy to just create a giant bomb and win every time. Also twice the machines means twice the components that the game has to load, which would cause a massive performance drop.

But still, we'll have to see what the devs come up with. :)
Ya this game is in alpha and is already quite smooth and who knows maybe they will pull it off, its been done with other games it might be a little off but it might still look amazing
ZJohnnyZ Jan 22, 2015 @ 8:32am 
No PvP please, but Co-OP yes pease!
Professor Teacup Jan 22, 2015 @ 10:07am 
Originally posted by ZJohnnyZ:
Completely Agreed
The_Bru_Pod Jan 22, 2015 @ 10:41am 
Originally posted by ZJohnnyZ:
Completely Agreed
completely agreed
The_Bru_Pod Jan 22, 2015 @ 10:42am 
Originally posted by The_Bru_Pod:
I realize that, but what would be the fun in that? yes people could build impossible things but then again people could also build impossible machines and since its a physics engine it will never happen the same way twice so why not just have some fun and make things a challenge and make other things that are easy but entertaining, ya know? sorry if that was confusing.
hmmm i guess so
they could make a thing were as the number of things used in the town/castle gose up the percentage of the stuff you have to destroy gose down
Last edited by The_Bru_Pod; Jan 22, 2015 @ 10:52am
BataLeon Jan 22, 2015 @ 10:49am 
That's an Interesting idea the ability to make a village or mission that you share for your mates or others to try and beat.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 15 30 50