This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Valiance Online
loofyd Nov 26, 2014 @ 6:35am
IS this f2p?
please be!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 107 comments
Silverhelm Studios  [developer] Nov 26, 2014 @ 9:38am 
We haven't decided pricing yet. Stay tuned!
loofyd Nov 26, 2014 @ 9:54am 
Ok :D , will be waiting eagerly and happily *hopeful!*
Super Ratz Nov 26, 2014 @ 5:22pm 
I lost Coh a While back, Champion Online Doen't seem too Hot. I have High Hope for you guys and wish you the best of Luck. Lol Would Pay anything for this.
Peregrym Nov 28, 2014 @ 1:55am 
A hybrid model could work as well, depending on where you want to go and what you need. Let me know if you need any help or advice on this and I will gladly help
Silverhelm Studios  [developer] Nov 28, 2014 @ 10:56am 
Checked with the team and we are going sub... With some options. We will release more details soon!
loofyd Nov 28, 2014 @ 11:48am 
:( K
*there goes another superhero mmo outta the way :/*
Silverhelm Studios  [developer] Nov 28, 2014 @ 12:59pm 
This is what one of the lead developers had to say on the topic on our forums:

Just to go ahead and quash a few fears here, when we've launched we are going to be operating on the subscription-only model. First of all, that's really the only way we can afford to operate. Secondly, we've been back and forth on this so much that it's become a point of mincing "Okay, how much can we afford to give vs how much do we need to hold back?" and quite frankly, that's exhausting So we've decided to simplify our lives and simply roll with the subscription model.

Right now, it's free because we're doing very early testing, but that's also a part of the reason for having the access so limited right now. As we get further along, we'll introduce more people to the servers, but for now, rest assured. Subscription model. That's the way it's happening on launch.

We don't have the exact price-point yet as we're still hashing that out but we've got other things that are getting our focus for the time being...
Teerts Nov 29, 2014 @ 11:57pm 
Thank god, I would gladly pay per month to play this. Was about to comment and say anything but the way AA was set up. That game is purely money grab.
Dreamweaver Nov 30, 2014 @ 9:02am 
I much prefer sub-based MMOs than the micro-transaction model that pressures you into buying extra services. Thanks for the update!
Last edited by Dreamweaver; Nov 30, 2014 @ 9:02am
Silverhelm Studios  [developer] Nov 30, 2014 @ 10:29am 
No problemo. Don't want to leave anyone wondering if we can divulge plans that are at least partially in place.
Baby Boy Nov 30, 2014 @ 1:01pm 
Free to play is dying almost as fast as it took over. Just look at the latest hype nightmare that was Archeage. Subscription is tried and true. If subscriptions were dying then WoW would be dead. Free to play breeds hacking, trolling, and kills any hope of a solid community. Not to mention having to pay for everything seperately from your subscription(what free to play game doesn't have a subscription with benfits?!) is ridiculous. When free to play finally dies completely you'll be glad you went with a subscription model and players with any sense will be fine with paying $15 a month. The entire free to play model relies on small amounts of players to be big spenders when subscriptions let everyone chip in for around the same profit. People are catching on to the fact that free to play is a rip off and it makes the companies who use that model look like the thieves that they are.
caradia Nov 30, 2014 @ 3:57pm 
Amen - f2p, imo, is part of what is destroying the gaming communities. I, for one, prefer sub and will gladly purchase a sub every month for Valiance (so will my fiance).
I'm pretty sure it won't be F2P. The people making this probably won't rely on people paying to get added benefits. I remember they said that there will be a shop, but they specifically intend it to be fair and not "pay to win."
Silverhelm Studios  [developer] Dec 1, 2014 @ 5:30pm 
"...we are going to be operating on the subscription-only model." :)
lavate los manos Dec 1, 2014 @ 5:37pm 
I have three kids and a wife, we played city of heroes and it was worth every penny of the monthly subscriptions. If this game is anything like CoH, I will be more than happy to pay whatever the monthly subscription will be.

Along this same thought, are there going to be any starter packages like many of the other games are doing?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 107 comments
Per page: 15 30 50