Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Drohtin - Tales of an old Kingdom
drohtin  [developer] Dec 28, 2014 @ 7:37am
Economy 101
Hi folks,
today I want to talk a bit about the economy in Drohtin. Since the economy is a big part of the game, I will start with the basic economy in stage one (also called "Tent stage").

At first I will start with an overview of all available resources in stage one.

• Bole
  • Firewood
  • Stone
  • Water
  • Deer
  • Coat
  • Berry
  • Fish (raw/smoked)
  • Meat (raw/smoked)
  • Tent

You will need all of this resources to build up your village and supply your citizens. The general construction material in stage one are Bole, Tent and Stone. Each building in stage one needs this resources are a part of it. The following list gives you an overview of the available buildings in stage one.

• Headquarter
  • Town Center / Market
  • Woodcutter
  • Stonecutter
  • Hunter
  • Fisher
  • Water Supply
  • Gatherer
  • Butcher
  • Tent Producer
  • Smoker
  • Living Tent (small, normal)

Okay, that is all for now. Next week I will draw the rest of the picture and talk about functions of each of these buildings and what resources it consumes and produces. So feel free to comment, especially if you think that one or more resources or buildings are missing.
Last edited by drohtin; Jan 7, 2015 @ 3:52pm
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Boozie Dec 30, 2014 @ 4:26pm 
Any farms?
drohtin  [developer] Dec 31, 2014 @ 2:48am 
Originally posted by scurjaldaan1:
Any farms?
Farms will be available in stage two of a village but not in stage one. We want to keep stage one agile and flexible. A farm is a continuous way to produce food but it is slow and inflexible (sowing, growth, harvest, rest). That means it takes very long until you get the first food from the farm. Furthermore we are thinking about a system where you must find the plants for the farm (e.g. wheat, vegetables, ...) on the map. If you find natural wheat on the map you can take it and plant it on your farms.

The Gatherer, the Hunter and the Fisher provides food for the first stage. This three buildings provide food very fast and use the natural resources around the village.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 15 30 50