This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Memory of a Broken Dimension
Late 2012 beta version, for those who want it
XRA built a version of the game some time ago to give interested players an idea of how the world of MOABD would function. It has been two years since this was made so bear in mind this isn't even an alpha of what the current product is, as far as we know. I just saw a lot of confusion in the comments and thought I'd let everyone get their hands on a small chunk of the game's development.

Windows version:
https://mega.co.nz/#!MgUFwbjZ!JNI7wbGx9-A5CQuqDBEFJ8dj9zxE7d5fgloE9P1Umxg

Mac version:
Originally posted by XRA:
here's the old Mac build, https://copy.com/taG4670Yk82ojDBP
also obviously the old build looks nothing like the new footage, i've always had large labyrinth-like environments in mind for the project, just hadn't gotten to it back then. The full game will still have the empty, void-like areas used for certain things.

Again, I must stress that this is not to be taken as how the game is supposed to be now. I merely offer this so you can experience the old RELICS console and get a taste for the perspective-oriented puzzle solving that is required.
Last edited by A Victim of Stars; Sep 6, 2014 @ 9:58pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
BustermanZero Sep 6, 2014 @ 3:59am 
This game does intrigue me.
Bocich Sep 6, 2014 @ 5:47am 
Links are dead...
Firfurcio Sep 6, 2014 @ 9:02am 
Last edited by Firfurcio; Sep 6, 2014 @ 9:06am
Bocich Sep 6, 2014 @ 10:03am 
I would really want to try it, even this early 2012 build. I guess only @xra has access to it now that all the links and torrents are dead :/
A Victim of Stars Sep 6, 2014 @ 11:40am 
Whoops, guess we killed the download! I unfortunately do not have the mac version backed up but I did redownload the Windows archive last night. I've updated the OP with a new link.

https://mega.co.nz/#!MgUFwbjZ!JNI7wbGx9-A5CQuqDBEFJ8dj9zxE7d5fgloE9P1Umxg
Bocich Sep 6, 2014 @ 12:40pm 
Once you get past the command line it gets really haunting. I havent played anything like this, I really hope we see a full version soon. If anyone has trouble the commands at the beginning are REMOTE, VOIDSCAN, DIVE
heyv1to Sep 6, 2014 @ 7:34pm 
I'm looking for a Mac version for a long, long time, but all links are dead. :(
I'm subscribing to this discussion and hoping someone upload it soon.
Meganopteryx Sep 6, 2014 @ 7:40pm 
THANK YOU for posting this. I forgot to download the game when I first played it and have been wishing for that meditative experience for a long time. I'm excited that the full version will be here soon. But I am also glad to have this small piece.
XRA  [developer] Sep 6, 2014 @ 8:27pm 
Hey thanks for sharing this, let me see if I can find the old Mac build. And for people asking, the console is still in the game, it will be a bit more optional now though since from testing a good percentage of people are immediately turned off / intimidated by it. (and they hadn't even gotten to the seizure inducing graphics in that build)
I'm going to be using the console for more secret stuff, you can think of it almost like the ~ consoles in Quake engine games where you can possibly hack around with things. An example fitting with the game's fiction is renaming files of the RELICS OS... renaming executables can give new uses...
shole Sep 6, 2014 @ 9:07pm 
I really loved the console.. it really felt like i was exploring some mystery server in a cyberpunk universe.. but maybe not right at the start :)
XRA  [developer] Sep 6, 2014 @ 9:51pm 
here's the old Mac build, https://copy.com/taG4670Yk82ojDBP
also obviously the old build looks nothing like the new footage, i've always had large labyrinth-like environments in mind for the project, just hadn't gotten to it back then. The full game will still have the empty, void-like areas used for certain things.
Thanks for digging that up! I updated the OP with the link for everyone.
Wintermute Sep 7, 2014 @ 3:04am 
Thanks! Been looking for this for a long time.
Last edited by Wintermute; Sep 7, 2014 @ 3:30am
Jerick Sep 7, 2014 @ 9:01am 
For me, the console bit was brilliant. Systematically it was benign, but it felt disturbingly sinister or dangerous, even! It added to the overall impression I had that I was accessing a void space of a literally shattered reality. Eerie.
Chromatose Sep 7, 2014 @ 10:25am 
Hey, really glad to hear the console is still in. Just another hand in the air to say that yes, the console was insanely creepy for what was essentially a DOS-like command line. Will never forget the first time I tried hitting Esc or typing 'exit' hahaha.
Really pleased to see this on Greenlight, will definitely buy when it comes out!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Per page: 15 30 50