Dota 2
Warchasers
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Noya  [developer] Oct 29, 2014 @ 9:11pm
Suggestions List
Add here what you think could be added to improve the game.

- More items
- Level restrictions per sectors.
- Make tomes more noticeable
- More optional goals.
Last edited by Noya; Jun 23, 2015 @ 8:36am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
R A M I N Nov 1, 2014 @ 6:59am 
The original blizzard map was a really bland and easy game. Why not improve upon it? Increase the level cap, add new heroes/customize existing ones, add a crafting system and more customized items, balance the game around 4 man difficulty/add difficulty options like easy/medium/hard, cause all units to have a very low chance to drop tomes and items instead of a select number of units/buildings, turn the bosses into actual threats instead of right clicking supercreeps, turn various areas into "hero siege" like zones, i.e. your heroes arrive and trigger waves of creeps with a miniboss at the end of a set timer, i.e. 10 waves and a miniboss, to progress.
Last edited by R A M I N; Nov 1, 2014 @ 7:01am
Noya  [developer] Nov 1, 2014 @ 7:30am 
Thanks for your feedback!

I first started this project as a way to learn how to do mods, so I just tried to port everything as similar as possible to the original map. As I learned stuff and playtested it, I realized applying some more modern concepts would require reworking the entire game, so I decided to just stick to the basics for the first version, and keep those for a brand new mod. Those are very legit suggestions though, will surely keep them in mind for Warchasers II :)
Last edited by Noya; Nov 1, 2014 @ 7:31am
Myll Nov 2, 2014 @ 4:46pm 
Really nice mod! I've outlined my thoughts on it below:

Pros:

1. Awesome sound effects. The WC3 sounds really mesh well with the mod. Great music.

2. Awesome visual effects. The hero I played (snake eyes/drow) looked really great with all the cool effects circling it. She also had a great ultimate ability. Picking up tomes looked great, loved the random fire breathing dragons when you walked by them.

3. Great variety of enemies. Loved the creative use of cosmetics for several of the units.

4. Didn't take too long to finish, and wasn't too short either.

Cons:

1. The BKB item should definitely be nerfed. The steam tank was way too easy to kill with it, since he couldn't cast any spells at me. I recommend giving it a duration and a cooldown. Also, I think the fire-effect AoE item should be buffed slightly.

2. The red drake could scout unexplored areas, since he was flying. Not a huge deal but you can get a heads up on what's ahead of you.

3. I disliked how snake eyes had 2 orb effects, some other ability would have been better imo.

4. I think the solo-regen health rate should be lowered. I thought the health regen was way too quick towards end game.

Looking forward to Warchasers 2, and giving this another play-through on another character sometime in the future. GG!

Cab Nov 3, 2014 @ 7:17am 
It's really awesome gamemode! I believe it still can be upgraded.
I have no idea if these are possible in current editor, so don't judge if something is overimagined and too hard or impossible to make.

Firsty, I think that bosses are a bit dull, and definitely too easy with proper items. I'd give them some mechanic similar to Wraith night or Year beast, something like istakill abilities, healing totems/sparks, or some structure to defend that weakens/buffs the boss as long as it stays alive. Anything that makes boss actual challenge, not just supercreep like someone said before.

Also i think that melee summons from items should be more durable, as they are rather useless in combat, except for some of their abilities. Also some enemies should have true sight, as cloak makes things really easy when soloing.

More optional goals could be fun, something like the spider corridor, timed chests/shrines like those of Diablo3 (wave mode mentioned before)
KanooLimelight Nov 5, 2014 @ 6:23am 
Noya, following suggestions
-Can you make your tomes fly higher in the air. they are really hard to see often times in some tilesets.
-Disable your creatures from taking tomes, only heros should be able to.
-There seems to be some bug with sell prices. Claws of attack give 50 gold but Ring of Regen gives 1500. I think in the original game you always got like -I dont know- 20% of the price
-Cloak buff icon says it deals 50/s when in fact it's 10.
-reduce the HP solo reg buf from 10% to 4% and more time b4 it kicks in.
-give increased mana regen when solo
-there have been level restrictions per sector. So you couldnt easyly level up to 10 by killing same creeps over and over again.
-undiscovered areas are black by default, they need to be scouted first. Not sure if possible here in dota2
-frost debuff is not refreshed if you attack while debuff.

I thought your hero gets turned into a steamtank itself in one part?

And the most important! I want to create the AOS map with the imbalanced tomes etc. Can you help me with that, when you've finished your black road and warchaser thing?
Noya  [developer] Nov 5, 2014 @ 7:56am 
Well, these things don't really end, but I can give you a hand on how to get started with modding, sure.
Napoqe Nov 20, 2014 @ 7:24pm 
@Noya

Suggestion

Puts an option for play the Classic, like buttons that had in the World Editor (I do not remember the name). And make other (button) as custom (map different). You can change the game, but without remove directly the classical idea of the game. :)
Napoqe Dec 2, 2014 @ 5:41am 
Leave more hidden the secret location of game, the easter egg this more hiding that the own secret local (that find the aura of lifesteal), classic of map. I think because the walls are larger and clearer.

Now one suggestion of remake for the Assassin.

Change the projection of attack she (hit, missile, etc), that this with attack of Luna (in moment) by the dagger of PA, but with lower sound (not to be annoying)

Skills

1 - Smoke Screen

Similar to of Riki, but the difference is that also cause damage when is used in area. Damage is instant.

Values

MISS RATE: 20% / 25% /30%
Slow: 25
Damage: 60/100/140 (magic type)
Mana cost: 100
Cooldown: 18 seconds

2 - Cold Blood

When the hero kills a unit. The hero of critical in the next attack. If the ability is activated the hero will receive 3 charges (that within the next 3 attack, will attack with critical)

Damage of critical: x2
Cooldown: 80 seconds (Does not apply when kill)
Mana cost: 50

3 - Skull Spiked

Hero have chance to spike the dagger in the skull of the enemy, causing to enemy is stunned and taking damage overtime.

Duration of stunning: 2 seconds
Damage per second: 10/15/20 (physical type)
Duration of damage overtime: 2 seconds
Chance: 10%/20%/30%

Ultimate - Stealth

Hero becomes invisible, and when attack the enemy, will cause extra damage and stuns. But break invisibility. And in invisible moment, the hero take 20% of slow in move speed.

Backstab Damage: 300 (pure type)
Duration of stunning: 3 seconds.
Mana cost: 150
Cooldown: 180 seconds
Last edited by Napoqe; Dec 2, 2014 @ 5:45am
Igor Dec 27, 2014 @ 12:43pm 
I remember there was some "mini-games" on the original maps. It could be nice if you can add some of this "mini-games". Thanks for your atention and nice job with this map, i really love it.
Napoqe Dec 30, 2014 @ 10:25am 
Noya and Igo, I think that you can use Nyx model. And try to make all similar skills. I think there's no hero simliar the him on the map.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/undead/units/cryptlord.shtml
🦴Bobon Bone骨 Dec 30, 2014 @ 12:00pm 
@napoqe did you use an automated translator? your comment was really hard to understand (sorry)

I just finished the game with the medusa model hero (solo), so here's a few inputs:
- The items feel underhwelming (the only useful item are the claws/lifesteal) and gold is useless toward the end game, so probably should upgrade the shops and possibly add combined items.
- On my playthrough, the only spell useful vs the final boss is the healing wave, and it's not even that useful. Maybe magic immunity should be changed to magic resistance
- The final boss' spell goes through invulnerability (not sure if it's intended) and I think the invul pot should be nerfed (making it unstackable is one way)
- Familiars from items are useless since you get it so late in the game and they die so easily
- Creeps and towers attacking through walls should be changed
- Ankh reviving with only 500 hp almost killed me in the room before final boss, I think it should be changed to more HP (percentage based is also good)
- Creeps with avenge skill are ridiculous, I have to resort to destroying their spawn with tornados. Giving them a cap (like 4 or 5) should fix the problem
Igor Jan 4, 2015 @ 10:34am 
Originally posted by PolitikZ:
give me the option to move my ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ camera, i feel uncomfortable playing this with a locked cam
You can unlock the camera, clicking an option on a top of the screen.
Napoqe Jan 11, 2015 @ 2:21pm 
Originally posted by meet or feet:
@napoqe did you use an automated translator? your comment was really hard to understand (sorry)

I just finished the game with the medusa model hero (solo), so here's a few inputs:
- The items feel underhwelming (the only useful item are the claws/lifesteal) and gold is useless toward the end game, so probably should upgrade the shops and possibly add combined items.
- On my playthrough, the only spell useful vs the final boss is the healing wave, and it's not even that useful. Maybe magic immunity should be changed to magic resistance
- The final boss' spell goes through invulnerability (not sure if it's intended) and I think the invul pot should be nerfed (making it unstackable is one way)
- Familiars from items are useless since you get it so late in the game and they die so easily
- Creeps and towers attacking through walls should be changed
- Ankh reviving with only 500 hp almost killed me in the room before final boss, I think it should be changed to more HP (percentage based is also good)
- Creeps with avenge skill are ridiculous, I have to resort to destroying their spawn with tornados. Giving them a cap (like 4 or 5) should fix the problem

I use Google Translation, but as my English is improving, the Google Translate seems that is also. :)

I have to thank, learned little with he. And no need to apologize, I'm trying to help the map, but as my English is bad, I use the translator.
URUSAI BAKA! Jan 31, 2015 @ 10:21am 
i find that templar assassin bash is overpowered with 40% should nerf that

can u please add multiple heroes for solo player? just like abandoned player at all pick mode. would be great i think
Wiggler-sempai Mar 22, 2015 @ 1:34am 
My 20c:
1. You can't drop items.. which is problmatic when you need to pick up keys. was this in the orginal, and if so, change it anyway because it's more inconvenint than anything.

2. On one hand the solo healing is good, but on the other hand it makes it a bit too easy, as so long as you can run you don't need to ration health at all. I'd suggets making it a 1 time/per comabt ended burst heal or somthing. I dunno.

3. The heal should do mana as well, IMO.

That being said, you have done an excellent job.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50