This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Radial-G : Racing Revolved
psymin Jun 28 @ 5:48pm
SteamOS / Linux support?
I love playing games like this on the couch. And this one looks looks great :) Any chance of a linux release?
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Tammeka Games  [developer] Jun 29 @ 1:17am 
**IMPORTANT UPDATE**

Linux support for the base goal / 1st release of the game CONFIRMED

You spoke, we listened.

Please note we are a small indie development studio and so only have limited time and resources to test the Linux builds. Therefore we will test on the latest distro of ubuntu in-house and reach out to the wider Linux gaming community backers on Kickstarter to help test other distros.

Thank you for your patience and continued support of Radial-G. Vote YES! Pledge NOW!

**UPDATE** Sun 6th July

OK so Dave has worked tirelessly over the weekend to create an alpha build of the single player demo for Linux! But we need you guys to help test it for us as we only have a couple of Linux configurations available.

If you would be able and willing to test it on your Linux setup, please email info[at]radial-g[dot]com and tell us your Linux specs. We'll then send you an email with a link to download the alpha Linux build from.

Note: It's alpha and rough and ready, we expect bugs!

Moving forwards, here is what we can do for Linux / SteamOS support:

If you guys can find 100 Linux / SteamOS users who pledge and back the project on Kickstarter, and comment on Kickstarter after backing that they are here for the Linux / SteamOS support, so we can track numbers, we will add it to the base goal support for the 1st release.

This would mean if you pledge at the "107% Rule" or "Apex" level, you will get access to PC / Mac / Linux / SteamOS all for one, low price. (plus any other platforms we are able to support through our already-planned stretch goals)

If there is less demand but it is still wanted, we will add it as an early-on stretch goal to the project in order to be able to cover our development costs of developing, testing and releasing four (x2 Linux / SteamOS Oculus, x2 Linux / SteamOS "normal mode") additional branches of development.

If demand is over-whelming, we'll look at integrating Linux / SteamOS support for the multi-player demo!

How does that sound? We haven't over-looked you guys and want to be able to support you, we just need to ensure we can afford to against the demand <3
Last edited by Tammeka Games; Jul 8 @ 2:26am
Trublade Jun 30 @ 3:51am 
+1 for Linux
TridentAmoeba83 Jun 30 @ 8:47pm 
Thanks for the great game in Linux
Ásgarður Jul 1 @ 12:10pm 
+1 for linux
sounds like a wooosh Jul 3 @ 7:20am 
+1
gigagogo Jul 3 @ 8:15am 
+1. I can't wait to pledge once you announce Linux support!
Sirik Jul 3 @ 8:16am 
+1
Cheese0r Jul 3 @ 4:59pm 
+1, I'd love to back this but Linux support is a hard requirement for that
killmore Jul 3 @ 10:11pm 
+1 linux support
*FPCG| Zipon Jul 4 @ 4:46am 
I like to see Linux support to
Tammeka Games  [developer] Jul 4 @ 6:17am 
Please refer to our edited, initial post in regards to Linux / SteamOS support
Last edited by Tammeka Games; Jul 4 @ 6:30am
psymin Jul 4 @ 6:27am 
I've now pledged at 107% level (£15 ~ $26) in hopes of having SteamOS / Linux support.

Looks like you want comments in the kickstarter page here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tammekagames/radial-g-a-high-octane-sci-fi-racer-for-the-vr-gen/comments

Also if I later decide I want to alpha test hopefully I can up my pledge amount :)
Last edited by psymin; Jul 4 @ 6:41am
Tammeka Games  [developer] Jul 4 @ 6:30am 
In the Kickstarter comments please so we can count between pledges and usernames :)
Tammeka Games  [developer] Jul 4 @ 6:40am 
Indeed! We will of course be looking for Linux / SteamOS users for the alpha!
Urisk Jul 5 @ 11:48am 
Yea, I posted "I pledged for this game even knowing that there may be no Linux version, but considering what the developers posted on the Steam Forums I'd still like to strongly vote in favor of a Linux release! :)" in the kickstarter comments, because that's my honest standpoint. I could hardly write "I only pledged for Linux" because that would be a lie. I would however be really happy if a Linux version would come out of it! :)
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50