This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

KarasuEXE Jul 11, 2014 @ 6:10am
Isn't this game TOO SIMILAR to Minish Cap? :/
Couldn't that be a problem with Nintendo in the future?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
TJgalon Jul 11, 2014 @ 8:15am 
THis had been mention a couple time, on the kickstarter page here,
Scroll down till you hit, One old controversy
It more or less says, "Sure, if you make a passing glance and played Minish Cap years ago, they might look identical. But all of Midora's graphics are original" There even side by side art of the two images, and things like that, but Midora is all orginal in thier stuff, but are inspired by minish cap and simliar games.
Mhyre  [developer] Jul 11, 2014 @ 1:30pm 
There shouldn't be any problem with Midora at all. Like we've mentioned many times, what you've seen so far sure does look inspired, but the comparison stops here. All our assets were created from scratch (as much as other people claim they were traced over MC's sprites and tiles). We use the same formula from Zelda games but add a lot more to it. Minish Cap is the title that inspired most of the gameplay and graphics, but Midora was also inspired by titles such as Secret of Mana and a lot of other games. We have only been working for a year on this game, which is nothing. We are still very far from release, and you have seen nothing yet.
nimmermehr Jul 12, 2014 @ 11:40am 
I sense a lot of work in Midora. It feels good. No problem for me! :-)
Last edited by nimmermehr; Jul 12, 2014 @ 11:40am
KarasuEXE Jul 12, 2014 @ 6:47pm 
Thank you for your responses!
Sugoi Rikka! Jul 14, 2014 @ 6:58am 
Lol it is alot like minish cap...the looks.well thats all we know of..
Sugoi Rikka! Jul 14, 2014 @ 7:00am 
But yeah i think there might be a problem with nintendo in the future......
Derpsider Jul 15, 2014 @ 4:18am
this site might be handy to find out what is ''legal'' or not.
(I haven't read everything but when I see ''Nintendo will continue to aggressively protect its intellectual property rights.'' than I think... Nintendo will not take kindly on the design choices this game has.)
Derpsider Jul 15, 2014 @ 7:34am 
But all in all.. I can't say yet for sure that this has enough elements out of copyrighted games that it should be shutdown.. We all still have to play the game and decide if its actually a rip off.
Quint the Land Salmon Jul 15, 2014 @ 8:58am 
I am not a lawyer, though I have heard something about how companies are required to aggressively protect their stuff or let it be counted as abandoned property...or maybe that's just trademarks?
Sugoi Rikka! Jul 15, 2014 @ 9:08am 
They need to change the game alot so they don't get sued for the same stuff in both games...
TJgalon Jul 16, 2014 @ 9:25pm 
You do know lots of games all have the same elements, that are not sued. Midora looks like Minish cap, but it has no related names, or titles, or anything. The only element is seem to had that zelda has, hero, monster fight, action adventure, badguys, you know, like a lot of games, lol.
Mhyre  [developer] Jul 16, 2014 @ 11:29pm 
The Minish Cap inspired a lot of games already, and was itself inspired by many games before that. People tend to focus too much on our graphics, and it's clear that we put a lot of work into those. Nintendo (or Capcom) shouldn't see this as an issue but instead be flattered. Midora is heavily inspired, but everything is 100% original, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Have a look at this list:
KarasuEXE Jul 17, 2014 @ 4:59am 
Yes, I was not mentioning the gameplay style but the graphics; however, as the dev just said, "All our assets were created from scratch". So, this shouldn't be a problem !
awsomesuper Jul 26, 2014 @ 6:38am 
It doesn't matter if the assets are "made from scratch". It looks too much like the successful Zelda minish cap game. It's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ me off. This is lazy game development.
TJgalon Jul 26, 2014 @ 9:07am 
So how should it be done, seeing how, pretty much all style are used anyways. Can you point to a game now a day that don't look like, or inspired by, or a sequal of?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 15 30 50