Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Social Justice Warriors
Mr. Brown May 13 @ 4:12pm
So does this make fun of SJWs or the people that constantly disagree with them?
What the topic says
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
MileHigh May 13 @ 5:05pm 
Seems like a little of both judging by the screenshot text.
bluescrn May 14 @ 12:21am 
Yeah, look at the screenshots. The characters on each side are identical, and I don't think that's unintentional...
Mr. Brown May 14 @ 12:28am 
Yeah, but you're only playing as one side? It looks like that on the trailer.
SkyVeiled May 14 @ 2:01am 
I've played it, it doesn't take a side. The troll uses logical fallacies or ad hominem attacks against you, you strike back by "writing thoughtful blog posts" and "retreating to your subreddit". Nowhere in the game is there social commentary for or against SJWs, it's all pretty vague.
Tleno May 15 @ 6:26am 
It pretty much mocks the whole culture of internet arguements and how both sides pictures themselves as doing something important while in the meantime it's nothing more than two or more people arguing over something over and over, without either one learning anything from it.
lifesbrink May 17 @ 4:35am 
If any of you want to see some truly devoted SJW's, come to http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/ where you can see some truly amusing people!
phycosymo May 28 @ 1:06pm 
its making fun of both since both use logical fallacies to turn any discussion into "check your privledge" or "le ironic ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ xd/>reddit" ♥♥♥♥-slinging. both sides suck
HP_WARCRAFT Jun 14 @ 11:25pm 
The game is making fun of both sides as there is no way to actually win. Your sanity just keeps decreasing no matter how many trolls you defeat.
Charles Barkleton Jul 12 @ 12:57am 
It's actually advocated for SJW more than anyone else. The satire is not what you think the satire is about.
Here's what the devloper had to say:
http://www.desura.com/games/social-justice-warriors/news/making-a-social-justice-warriors-game
HP_WARCRAFT Jul 12 @ 1:04am 
The very idea that "Social Justice" is a negative term is laughable.
Charles Barkleton Jul 12 @ 1:22am 
When people see mean comments and claim PTSD, fire men for making a dongle joke, make the FSF a joke, attack vidya, or has state governments change their text to be more "gender-neutral" in their pronouns.

Then the term "social justice" becomes a word extremist zealots use to bend society to their way, no matter who they destroy to take another step forward, then cry and vilify any person or group who opposes them.
This is Political Correctness of the 90's but on scale of unfathomable power, because it doesn't advocate equality, it's about getting other groups higher above everyone else, and stomping on men and the whities.

HP_WARCRAFT Jul 12 @ 1:25am 
I'm confused. At first it seemed like you were for this game's message, now it seems like you are against it. Because I'm pretty darn sure "stomping on men and the whities" is the kind of talk this game is lambasting.
Charles Barkleton Jul 12 @ 1:40am 
Did you read the article about the message of the game?
I am against it, it's showing SJW (but the devloper doesn't like the group name for it) in a positive light.
Arguing over the internet is part of the satire as "it does nothing" yet people take it so seriously.

Of course the dev isn't like those crazies you see, but they put down the other side of people ("the trolls") and although they do state:
"Likewise, a "troll" may just be a person speaking from their limited perspective of the world and the people in it, simply unable to empathize with your life experiences rather than being an inhuman monster."
They still take a crack at people who think differently from Social Justice Advocates, calling them empathetic people who are wrong in their beliefs and are stubborn to change their minds.

When in the grand scheme of things, both sides are stubborn and empathetic of others.

The game is about "trolls" being wrong and Social Justice supporters wasting their time. Not calling them out as being crazy radicals with just as bad ways of thinking, which a good handful of them are.
The satire is the online arguing, not the people or their viewpoints.
Tleno Jul 12 @ 1:46am 
Hmm, although I cans ee your point, Charles, and have read the article, at least to me it seems the attempt to show troll as absolutely negative is futile, seeing as in the end it looks more like absolutely comedic strawmanship, making everything generally absurd, and simply shpowing the futility of arguing on the internet.

Though yeah, still, minus 10 points for advocating SJWs for the dev, no matter if this is futile or not, both sides are always equally crazy.
HP_WARCRAFT Jul 12 @ 2:01am 
Charles, you seem to have a very, very narrow viewpoint of the world and how words affect other people. Especially if you're using it in the context of "men and whities".
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50