Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Social Justice Warriors
BESTINTHEWORLD May 12 @ 8:47am
Why people don't want to see or hear 'SJW' jibber jabber
Would you believe its not because were RACIST, or SEXIST, or HOMOPHOBIC?

Of coruse you wont, but anyway, its because we want VIDEO GAMES, not social commentary.

Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
< >
Zoop May 12 @ 11:05am 
SATIRE NUBCAKES SATIRE.
hobo May 12 @ 11:10am 
Even if this is satire, the whole 'we want games not social commentary' argument is pretty flimsy dude.

Games with social messages in them existing don't magically stop 'real games' from being made. Games with a social agenda to push are a complete minority compared to games without one.

And anyway, doesn't everyone constantly beg for games to be considered an art form? That means being subject to real artistic criticism, which does involve how a piece of art relates to social issues.

This game looks completely un-noteworthy though, regardless.
Zoop May 12 @ 11:13am 
I actually agree with hobo on that. I wonder how many of the people complaining about social commentary here praised Bioshock Infinite to kingdom come? All three Bioshock games contained social commentary.

Generally when people say they don't want social commentary in their games, what they really mean is they don't want social commentary that they don't personally agree with.
Lumadurin May 12 @ 11:32am 
Originally posted by Zoop:
I actually agree with hobo on that. I wonder how many of the people complaining about social commentary here praised Bioshock Infinite to kingdom come? All three Bioshock games contained social commentary.

Generally when people say they don't want social commentary in their games, what they really mean is they don't want social commentary that they don't personally agree with.
Nope.
I don't care if some otherkin demisexual octogendered mongolian kid is being oppressed by his heterosexual privelged parents in some distant 3rd world country.
I don't care if some genderqueer kid from a middle-class home is feeling slighly uncomfortable because ""xis"" teacher refered to ""xim"" as a male despite ""xim"" dressing in girls clothes.

I wanna play a good video game. And when you start to priotize sending a message over providing an enjoyable experience, you need to just stop making video games and go direct a crappy indie movie that 200 people at the most will watch because guess what? Nobody cares.

If a character that is ____sexual, comes from ____, is ____ and whatnot is written well, then fine. Just don't shoehorn social-justice-approved traits because you want to be "oh so progressive!!" and "look at how tolerant i am please pay attention to me and pat me on my back".

Bioshock Infinte, The Last of Us and pretty much any game that has been critically acclaimed for having a "deep emotional story" or being "the citizen kane of video games" by gaming journalists is mediocre at best and the only people who think of them as "the best game ever" such simply don't know any better.

Also, this game looks bad, satirical or not, and just serves to clutter up the front page with yet another xbox-live-indie-tier title.
Last edited by Lumadurin; May 12 @ 11:35am
BESTINTHEWORLD May 12 @ 11:34am 
Originally posted by Zoop:
I actually agree with hobo on that. I wonder how many of the people complaining about social commentary here praised Bioshock Infinite to kingdom come? All three Bioshock games contained social commentary.

Generally when people say they don't want social commentary in their games, what they really mean is they don't want social commentary that they don't personally agree with.

I don't want a reviewer going on about it when I just want to know what the new Mario game is like.
Zoop May 12 @ 11:40am 
Originally posted by Lumadurin:
I wanna play a good video game. And when you start to priotize sending a message over providing an enjoyable experience, you need to just stop making video games and go direct a crappy indie movie that 200 people at the most will watch because guess what? Nobody cares.

You know what else also works? Not playing games you don't want to. Contrary to what you might think, people have different tastes and something you don't like is something someone else might.

I didn't play Gone Home because I care little for such games, but you know what? I didn't spend my time ♥♥♥♥♥ing on the Gone Home forums because I don't begrudge the people who are interested in that kind of game, their enjoyment of the game.

Maybe you need to do a little bit of introspection and realize that not every game that comes out is going to be tailored to your specific desires and that instead of whining whenever a game you don't like comes out, you should better spend that time playing games you actually do enjoy. In short, stop being a selfish brat.

"Waaaaah! There's this game coming out that I totally don't like and totally am not being forced to play and it's terrible! Waaaaaaaaah!"
Zoop May 12 @ 11:41am 
Originally posted by BESTINTHEWORLD:
I don't want a reviewer going on about it when I just want to know what the new Mario game is like.

Then don't ♥♥♥♥ing watch reviews for the game if you're not interested. Jesus. If it's a youtube video dealing with both things in the same video, skip the part dealing with this game.

People can really be so dumb sometimes.
BESTINTHEWORLD May 12 @ 11:53am 
Originally posted by Zoop:
Originally posted by BESTINTHEWORLD:
I don't want a reviewer going on about it when I just want to know what the new Mario game is like.

Then don't ♥♥♥♥ing watch reviews for the game if you're not interested. Jesus. If it's a youtube video dealing with both things in the same video, skip the part dealing with this game.

People can really be so dumb sometimes.

You're calling me dumb and you say something as stupid as that? ♥♥♥♥ off.
Lumadurin May 12 @ 11:56am 
Originally posted by Zoop:
You know what else also works? Not playing games you don't want to. Contrary to what you might think, people have different tastes and something you don't like is something someone else might.

I didn't play Gone Home because I care little for such games, but you know what? I didn't spend my time ♥♥♥♥♥ing on the Gone Home forums because I don't begrudge the people who are interested in that kind of game, their enjoyment of the game.

Maybe you need to do a little bit of introspection and realize that not every game that comes out is going to be tailored to your specific desires and that instead of whining whenever a game you don't like comes out, you should better spend that time playing games you actually do enjoy. In short, stop being a selfish brat.

"Waaaaah! There's this game coming out that I totally don't like and totally am not being forced to play and it's terrible! Waaaaaaaaah!"

Read the post carefully again:
Originally posted by Lumadurin:
If a character that is ____sexual, comes from ____, is ____ and whatnot is written well, then fine. Just don't shoehorn social-justice-approved traits because you want to be "oh so progressive!!" and "look at how tolerant i am please pay attention to me and pat me on my back".

I don't care what orientation a character has as long as they're a well-written character (or alternatively, aren't the main focus of a mandatory storyline/significant portion of the plot).

If a game looks bad, I'll say it's bad most of the time. It's better to offer criticism than to just ignore the perpetual circlejerk hugbox that has the chance to extend to other areas of the industry.

"Waaaaah! Why are people saying that this game is not the best thing ever!?! I can't handle criticisim please buy my game! Waaaaaah!"

There's only so much one can sweep under the rug before stuff begins to peek out from the sides.
Last edited by Lumadurin; May 12 @ 11:56am
Zoop May 12 @ 2:34pm 
Originally posted by Lumadurin:
If a game looks bad, I'll say it's bad most of the time. It's better to offer criticism than to just ignore the perpetual circlejerk hugbox that has the chance to extend to other areas of the industry.

Oh, hahahaha! That's always the first excuse people go for when it's pointed out that their reasons for whining is BS. Comedy gold! "If I don't complain, it might spread to other areas of the gaming industry!!!!"

Just like BF Premium caused all other MP shooters to implement priority server queuing for people who pay more money and just like uPlay caused everyone else in the industry to implement always online DRM.

Get over yourself. I think the BF business model that EA has adopted is abhorrent, but I don't spend my time whining in the BF3 and BF4 forums.
Challah Bread May 12 @ 3:48pm 
If it was meant to be a satire and wasn't written by a gamer with no sense of humor, you wouldn't need people yelling "BUT IT'S SATIRE." Instead, it would get people thinking and laughing as opposed to going "wow, just wow" at people. Besides, you can discuss these things in as few words as possible and get a real philosophy going so the long-winded debates aren't going anywhere.

Example 1: How to write straight characters: "I'm John."
How to write gay characters. "I'm John."

Example 2: The gameplay vs. commentary debate: Gone Home won awards for storytelling even though you could skip the storytelling completely and beat the game in a minute (at a rate of 1 minute per $20). And though you weren't "meant" to play it like that, the designer didn't make any restrictions to force the player to enjoy it at the "right pace." This is bad game design but it was universally loved by SJW reviewers. This is the problem with prioritizing commentary over gameplay.

You know, it's ok to admit you're wrong and Lumadurin is right. You're not gonna get sick or lose your mortgage by dropping a stupid argument.
Gore May 12 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by Lumadurin:
Originally posted by Zoop:
I actually agree with hobo on that. I wonder how many of the people complaining about social commentary here praised Bioshock Infinite to kingdom come? All three Bioshock games contained social commentary.

Generally when people say they don't want social commentary in their games, what they really mean is they don't want social commentary that they don't personally agree with.
Nope.
I don't care if some otherkin demisexual octogendered mongolian kid is being oppressed by his heterosexual privelged parents in some distant 3rd world country.
I don't care if some genderqueer kid from a middle-class home is feeling slighly uncomfortable because ""xis"" teacher refered to ""xim"" as a male despite ""xim"" dressing in girls clothes.

I wanna play a good video game. And when you start to priotize sending a message over providing an enjoyable experience, you need to just stop making video games and go direct a crappy indie movie that 200 people at the most will watch because guess what? Nobody cares.

If a character that is ____sexual, comes from ____, is ____ and whatnot is written well, then fine. Just don't shoehorn social-justice-approved traits because you want to be "oh so progressive!!" and "look at how tolerant i am please pay attention to me and pat me on my back".

Bioshock Infinte, The Last of Us and pretty much any game that has been critically acclaimed for having a "deep emotional story" or being "the citizen kane of video games" by gaming journalists is mediocre at best and the only people who think of them as "the best game ever" such simply don't know any better.

Also, this game looks bad, satirical or not, and just serves to clutter up the front page with yet another xbox-live-indie-tier title.

Don't knock it yet, homie. From all the whining done in your post, I'll bet you'd be ♥♥♥♥ing ace at it. Maybe even a world champion.
.nateleh() May 12 @ 6:31pm 
Most media contains a lot of social commentary. Grow up, OP.
A Tired Cliche May 12 @ 7:14pm 
this is a good game and gone home is a good game. both of these are good games but one cost a little much (i don't really care because capitalism, and i thought it was worth it.)
i am trying to think of a game that had no social commentary in it and I cannot. Maybe Cube? Maybe Tetris?
Tetris oppressed me by being too hard tho
DANTE THE DEMONKILLER May 12 @ 7:19pm 
Originally posted by hobo:
And anyway, doesn't everyone constantly beg for games to be considered an art form? That means being subject to real artistic criticism, which does involve how a piece of art relates to social issues.

Meanwhile, the people like me who have been saying that games aren't art have been enjoying this cluster♥♥♥♥ since Day One. You made your bed, now lie in it. Enjoy the pretentiousness and self-righteousness that the art ♥♥♥♥ bring. Maybe next time you'll think twice before calling something "art."
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50