This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Project AFTER
Zak Apr 27 @ 10:44pm
Question for the devs regarding the world. "growing over time"?
"Survival in a randomly generated world with towns, provinces, and countries growing over time"

I was hoping you could elaborate on the "growing over time" part. My first thought is dynamic towns, cities, and territories that are growing and changing over time. Example: You go to a town, leave and come back an in-game week later and a couple new houses have been built as the town grows.

Am I anywhere close to what you meant by "growing over time", or is it something completely different?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
de3Sol  [developer] Apr 28 @ 7:23am 
That's pretty much spot-on.
Darkie - Try hard Apr 28 @ 12:42pm 
ya games is fine
The Scion of Balance Apr 29 @ 12:42pm 
Originally posted by de3Sol:
That's pretty much spot-on.
Is this game multiplayer/co-op/online centeric? I do not like online gaming at all. Also, when it comes to RPGs I like to do things on my own terms and not be playing with anoyone. Just the enemy A.I, friendly A.I, and I; those what make games truely amazing. I don't want this to be online centeric or anything like that. Will this be an "ultimate offline/single player" exeprince as well? To roam wherever I desire by myself?

Also, I have been wary of developers lately, most of them; if not all so far. Because of their DLC practices: Locked-Content/Microtransactions/Pre-release DLC/ Day one DLC etc... Since you're a developer, I assume you're a gamer, no? I'm sure you have checked out games like Watch_Dogs or Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag or Borderlands 2. All of them have locked content and other malicious practices that hurt us, the consumers. Will you be doing such things or will you be fair and have faith and trust in us, as we do in you?
DLCs should be made when there is enough fan love and support for new content after the game been out for a while.

Please, no PR talk. Be honest and I were honest to you. Being honest to your consumer will bring trust and love.

EDIT: Nevermind, you already answered the question on another thread... Ah well, looks like you're as everyone else. I'd be lying If I said: Best wishes to you.

Last edited by The Scion of Balance; Apr 29 @ 12:44pm
de3Sol  [developer] Apr 29 @ 7:20pm 
While I did sort of answer your concerns elsewhere, I'll reiterate for the heck of it. We're focusing on the single player first, making sure that we have a solid game there before we destroy it with multiplayer. So yes, we would like to provide the "ultimate offline experience," as you named it. Multiplayer is a bag of snakes, one of which is named "netcode" and another named "balancing." (Thank goodness they're not venomous).

As for the DLC nonsense, I much dislike it myself. I prefer waiting for games to release bundle versions that have all the DLC included for the price of the original game. For AFTER, there's no way we could provide exclusive DLC without the internet - or myself - metaphorically stabbing this game in the back.

Rather, eventually we intend to release large content changes in seasons, but they would simply be larger-than-normal updates to the game. They would not be paid DLC. We're contemplating microtransactions for things with very minimal or, better yet, no gameplay impact.
Last edited by de3Sol; Apr 29 @ 7:22pm
JFSM May 11 @ 5:26pm 
ya games is fine
Zak May 15 @ 10:18pm 
Originally posted by de3Sol:
We're contemplating microtransactions for things with very minimal or, better yet, no gameplay impact.

To be completely honest I'd rather the game just have a purchase price of around 30 USD give or take 10 bucks. As long as the micro transactions aren't intrusive it doesn't bother me. I'm just saying I probably wont be touching them, and I'd like to pay you for your hard work.
Crazy Chicken May 20 @ 10:17pm 
yes
Aziraya Jun 16 @ 2:42am 
As long as the microtransactions don't influence gameplay, I have no problem with it. If someone wants to pay money for some special looking ears, then that's great because they get what they want and the developers earn more money without effecting the gameplay of people that don't pay extra.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50