This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Project AFTER
dailyrice45 Jun 9, 2014 @ 4:33am
I like it.
Could you if you know, post the minimum system requirements so that I dont get my hopes up for an amazing game that my computer won't even play.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
de3Sol  [developer] Jun 9, 2014 @ 5:47pm 
Sure! Since the engine is still pretty slow, it'll probably change over time. At the moment, the minimum requirements are:

You absolutely need a four-core (hyperthreaded or otherwise) CPU. The Intel i5 and AMD Athlon series typically run the game well. Below that the game will still run, but the terrain's systems are noticably slower (the engine is built to scale to the number of free cores you have).

You must have 2GB of RAM free when you run the game. Currently the graphics, physics, and animation eat up almost 1GB of RAM. The terrain, hilariously, normally uses about 120 MB of RAM. As more content gets added, the 1GB usuage will be passed.

You need modern hard drive with about 10 GB free after installation. Any less and we've noticed a speed decrease on the terrain. Solid state drives will give you a minor speed increase with initial load times, but I've been developing on a 5400 RPM hard drive.

You'll want to get a more modern card. The engine may have fallback mode for OpenGL 2.1 for the older cards, but the engine is mostly built around the OpenGL 3.2 spec and some of the visual effects that are important for gameplay currently only work in OpenGL 3.2. Thus the need for modern. Modern is not beefy, though! I work on both an integrated NVidia GT 635 Mobile, and a Radeon R7 250X. Neither of those are powerhouses, but give me about 30 frames per second with this horribly optimized game. If you need a new card and not afraid of getting a weaker card, the R7 250X drops to 60 USD now and then. It lowered the power bill, too!

TOO LONG; DIDN'T READ:
Minimum Playable:
-4 core CPU
-3 GB RAM (assuming the computer uses 1GB)
-Integrated GPU, 512MB VRAM, OpenGL 3.2 Compatible (Intel GMA 3600 works, but barely)
-10 GB free HDD space

Desired:
-As many cores as possible
-As best a GPU as possible
-4 GB RAM (the game cannot use more than 2GB)
-A hard drive dedicated for the game

These are subject to change.
Last edited by de3Sol; Jun 9, 2014 @ 5:52pm
dailyrice45 Jun 10, 2014 @ 1:25pm 
thank you so very much. And my computer will play it (so happy). Any info on the release date?
Walk9R Jun 20, 2014 @ 5:23am 
+
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50