This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Beasts of Prey
ReachForTheSkybox Apr 25, 2014 @ 12:00pm
The Dinosaur Suggestion Thread
Okay, I figure out this is needed or else this will be cluttered with suggestions for a single dinosaur.

An Ideal format for a suggestion is:

Name:
Link to Image:
Description
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
< >
MASSMACHINEGUN Apr 25, 2014 @ 2:31pm 
VELOCIRAPTOR
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130125031059/thehungergames/images/a/ad/Velociraptor.jpg
I think everyone knows what a velociraptor is...
bazingabroww Apr 25, 2014 @ 2:45pm 
ReachForTheSkybox Apr 25, 2014 @ 3:20pm 
Got A few.

Sarcosuchus
Linky[blog.imagesdoc.com]
Is a Massive predatory crocodilian that can be found in rivers and lakes. Since I imagine water plays a large part in survival or at the very least will have dinosaurs around a watering hole, a Sarco would add a touch of danger to water sources.

Ceratosaurus
Linky[www.dinosaur-world.com]
Is a medium sized predator. It's also really fast, capable of making quick dashes towards Jeeps and Cars, doing large amounts of damage. It attacks from the forests of the world, using surprise to it's advantage. Despite this, it doesn't sit very high on the food chain and is easy picking for larger carnivores like the Allosaurus and Tyrannosaurus.

Dryosaurus
Linky[upload.wikimedia.org]
This tiny animal is Dryosaurus. It's pretty low on the food chain and pretty much everything eats them. At best they'll get up to 14 feet but it's rather rare and most barely reach half that size before being Nommed by a Ceratosaur.

Prosaurolophus
Linky[upload.wikimedia.org]
This is Prosaurolophus, it's a Hadrosaurid. It may not seem frightening as it's rather small at 28 feet long. A herd of these can scare away larger carnivores using bully techniques and sheer numbers. Often found browsing at the edge of forest, there is always a "Lookout" animal or two, who keeps guard while the others feed. If it spots something, the entire herd will rush the predator. Except Tyrannosaurs. Then they run
TaladosianTom Apr 25, 2014 @ 3:53pm 
Big meat eater is t-rex everybody knows wut that it durr :lol:
Rockman2580 Apr 25, 2014 @ 5:50pm 
Last edited by Rockman2580; Apr 25, 2014 @ 5:52pm
~.~.~.~ Apr 26, 2014 @ 12:25am 
[PG] XL Apr 26, 2014 @ 4:15am 
So cool
McLOVIN Apr 26, 2014 @ 4:41am 
I would suggest triceratops (Linkerino: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Triceratops_liveDB.jpg) because it is an one of the most famous dinosaurs that ever lived on earth :)
КоТэ ПоД КаЙфАтЭ Apr 26, 2014 @ 10:07am 
cool :)
Burnz@BeastsOfPrey.com  [developer] Apr 27, 2014 @ 10:43am 
Hello guys!
this is our current list of dinosaurs we have. Please note only 4 of them made it into the game yet, the others are "WIP".

Allosaurus
Compsognathus
Diplodocus
Parasaurolophus
Quetzalcoatlus
Spinosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus
Velociraptors
ReachForTheSkybox Apr 27, 2014 @ 11:24am 
I'm rather happy about the Quetz, those are always fun. I would also suggest making your Diplodocus less like a Brachiosaur
Burnz@BeastsOfPrey.com  [developer] Apr 27, 2014 @ 1:07pm 
Before we added the dinosaurs we got really confused with the sizes. In early concept discussions we where always referring to jurassic park. But it looks like all the dinosaurs in that movie have their size trippled. While researching on wikipedia about dinosaurs we were stunned when we saw the real sizes of some of these so in a later discussion we decided not be 100% accurate on the sizes.

The Quetzalcoatlus is giving us some headaches now because with ranged weapons it's quite easy to take it down and with melee it's almost impossible. So currently, it's flying arround in circles just for the show but we hope we can come up with a solution soon. One idea was to let it land infront of the player and it just runs to attack - but even during the discussion that sounded kinda "lame"...

If you guys have some ideas help us out please, we are happy about some feedback regarding this.
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50