This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Ultima Online
rrashintoast Apr 17, 2014 @ 8:19pm
Ultima Online Pre-AOS is the Only Way I Will Pay Again!
I had to start this one.

PLEASE GIVE US THIS!!! I WOULD EVEN PAY AGAIN!!

Just my 2 cents.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
Magic Hand Apr 17, 2014 @ 11:53pm 
Agree with every of your words.
[Con]Hex Apr 18, 2014 @ 10:52am 
Give us back The Second Age
Lug Apr 18, 2014 @ 11:30am 
Pre-AOS or Pre UO:R? Precast instant hit? Predisarm Thief or Disarm Thieves? How about UO:ML or UO:SA? AOS wasnt bad if you found a ton of arties in doom and sold them on ebay...

That is the real problem people. Which era? It's different for everyone. My personal favorites (T2A and Precast instant hit) might be different then yours. Which era should they make into a classic shard?

UO has had many, many eras that it will be impossible to please everyone with a single Fel based ruleset classic shard. Take Siege for example, in my opinion it was and is a complete and total failure. The rules they selected when it was first created were designed to make it fail. It has and always has had one of the lowest populations on the offical shard list. However to the people that play Siege everyday - Siege is UO. Its the only version of UO to them and rightly so.

I hate to say it, but it is HIGHLY unlikely that there will ever be an Offical Classic shard from any era. The current dev team doesnt have the resources to support one. Even if they did, which era would they choose? Who knows, im sure if they did pick one it wouldn't be the era you or I would want.

Last edited by Lug; Apr 18, 2014 @ 11:45am
Broseidon Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:28pm 
At this point, I'm not sure there's any way I could be tempted back to UO - it's dead and I've moved on with my life.

Maybe, MAYBE if they somehow turned back time completely to just before the new millenium, promised not to ♥♥♥♥ with anything unless the changes were more or less guarenteed to be roughly equally benificial to all professions and walks of life, plus didn't jarringly change how the game looks, feels & plays (AOS, neon coloring, individual item stats, insurance, artifacts, etc) as well as finding some alternative to pay to win, freemium or the subscription base models, I'd come back.

My hopes however are long since dashed. Too many lies by EA, too many disappointments, too many broken dreams. UO is past needing a change in the lead developer behind it, it needs nothing short of a miracle.
Dr0W Apr 18, 2014 @ 2:04pm 
I liked AOS. Part of it, at least. I liked necromancers, I liked paladins, custom houses, new maps, weapon special attacks, elemental damage. I hated artifacts, trammel, insurance, they were game killers for me.

Sadly I only find people who like AOS entirely or hates it. I wish I could find a shard with half-aos implemented, just the things that didn't kill UO.
Al Hurtcha Apr 18, 2014 @ 2:38pm 
I'm cool with any thing Pre publish 16.. nuff said... resistance on armor was lame.
Lug Apr 18, 2014 @ 3:31pm 
All of you wanting UO:T2A Check out:

http://www.uosecondage.com/

Also on 16 Jan 2014 they had a very special guest play...

"Playing UO Second Age Right Now! Hanging out in the throne room, I have missed these many years!" - Richard Garriott

In classic UO fashion "Some of the more nefarious attendees attempted to assassinate Lord British with a trapped pouch, others tossed explosion potions wantonly killing other players. Before leaving, Richard Garriott promised to make another appearance on UOSA for a Question and Answer session."

Ahhh the good ole' days... lol

Last edited by Lug; Apr 18, 2014 @ 4:59pm
fan_blades Apr 18, 2014 @ 11:43pm 
I agree with Dr0w.

There were a lot of things I liked about AoS like Necromancy, Chivalry, and custom housing. It was just the item based system and insurance that killed risk and promoted grind. And Malas + Luna that thinned the population and emptied the other towns.
j3sse Apr 20, 2014 @ 12:45pm 
Imo, AOS was the most fun this game has ever been. Crafter's ruled and Doom was epic. The PVP was more intense and dynamic. Pre AOS your options were Mage or never be competitive during PVP.
DweebotheGeek Apr 20, 2014 @ 9:39pm 
classic server please i will commit to a 1 year subscription for vanq weps, no item insurance, and no trammel.
Mandrake Apr 21, 2014 @ 3:45am 
Originally posted by Lug:
All of you wanting UO:T2A Check out:

http://www.uosecondage.com/

Also on 16 Jan 2014 they had a very special guest play...

"Playing UO Second Age Right Now! Hanging out in the throne room, I have missed these many years!" - Richard Garriott

In classic UO fashion "Some of the more nefarious attendees attempted to assassinate Lord British with a trapped pouch, others tossed explosion potions wantonly killing other players. Before leaving, Richard Garriott promised to make another appearance on UOSA for a Question and Answer session."

Ahhh the good ole' days... lol

Kind of showing that LB would visit a free shard that keeps along most of his creative vision, versus the sad continuation of garbage started by Evocare and others. Oh, the irony: https://twitter.com/RichardGarriott/status/424035546659180544/photo/1

That some could make a free UO shard of T2A really shows that it is either laziness or stupidity for the current developers to not do the same, when it is one of the most-requested stipulations for old players to come back to the game.

And yet, old players are the ones the developers are trying to acquire with this Greenlight ploy appealing to nostalgia goggles, because it sure as hell isn't going to get too many new players with this subscription model.
SuperBeefyTaco Apr 21, 2014 @ 12:11pm 
Age of Shadows was the best expansion. It added diablo 2 style loot, necromancers, paladins, a way better crafting system, power scrolls, and artifacts. Everything after AOS sucked and everything before is to vanilla and boring with nothing to do except grief noobs in dungeons.
Mandrake Apr 21, 2014 @ 12:17pm 
Originally posted by Noisex:
Age of Shadows was the best expansion. It added diablo 2 style loot, necromancers, paladins, a way better crafting system, power scrolls, and artifacts. Everything after AOS sucked and everything before is to vanilla and boring with nothing to do except grief noobs in dungeons.

Not sure if serious or sarcastic...

Let me try.

Adding what essentially amounts to classes to a class-less skill-based system with more importance on the loot than the characters....definitely sounds like UO!

How was that?
[BH] Akesha Apr 21, 2014 @ 1:05pm 
Originally posted by DweebotheGeek:
classic server please i will commit to a 1 year subscription for vanq weps, no item insurance, and no trammel.

/sign
SuperBeefyTaco Apr 21, 2014 @ 2:26pm 
Originally posted by Mandrake:
Originally posted by Noisex:

Not sure if serious or sarcastic...

Let me try.

Adding what essentially amounts to classes to a class-less skill-based system with more importance on the loot than the characters....definitely sounds like UO!

How was that?

UO evolved and for the better. Deal With it.
Before AOS you had mage and that was it. Then stun mage, hally mage, alchy mage. All mage.

AOS made archery, magery and dexxing fun while adding Necro and Pally to the mix.

Yes the loot was better in AOS. Before AOS there was ZERO reason to PVE. Everyone had 1000000 vanqs and silvers with blessed clothes.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
Per page: 15 30 50