This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Ultima Online
Rat_Trap Jun 9, 2014 @ 4:26am
When
So you've been Greenlit when will we see this on Steam?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Garillo Jun 12, 2014 @ 4:36am 
Hopefully never, unless they're planning on making major changes.
Mandrake Jun 14, 2014 @ 3:03am 
If "Broadsword Games" is planning on offering service as noncommunicative as their presence on Steam so far, then I would have to agree with the "hopefully never" because that is a poor way of being "transparent" with your community.

Your own About page, Failsword Games. Live up to it or make it honest.
Last edited by Mandrake; Jun 14, 2014 @ 3:04am
Rat_Trap Jun 14, 2014 @ 3:42am 
They get Greenlit then just drop off the map, great stuff.
Mandrake Jun 14, 2014 @ 4:29am 
Originally posted by Quin™:
They get Greenlit then just drop off the map, great stuff.

It's funny...at one point of this episode of funny I was accused of an "EA Phobia" but yet take a look at the apparent phobia "Broadsword Games" has about Steam for one of two titles they have tried to get on it - nothing since their attempt to bypass old EA contracts with VALVe.

Absolutely shameful.
Rat_Trap Jun 14, 2014 @ 4:34am 
There last item on being Greenlit for UO was the 16th of April, not a word on it since on their website. So....are we expecting UO to even be released on Steam let alone have a few changes.
Mandrake Jun 14, 2014 @ 4:39am 
There last item on being Greenlit for UO was the 16th of April, not a word on it since on their website. So....are we expecting UO to even be released on Steam let alone have a few changes.

You're not treating them like Stratics, where every word from EA is Gold and you're supposed to be waiting for months in awe for word from a development team that are basically sitting on their asses for a paycheque.

Then again, nobody in their right minds who aren't looking for a "career in gaming through Stratics" would be sitting there patiently like a codependent lump, but again, they still make money from this crap somehow.
Last edited by Mandrake; Jun 14, 2014 @ 4:41am
Rat_Trap Jun 14, 2014 @ 4:40am 
EA...Challenge everything.
Mandrake Jun 14, 2014 @ 4:41am 
EA...Challenged at everything.

Fixed that for yah.
Rat_Trap Jun 14, 2014 @ 4:43am 
Not hard to see why they are one of the most if not THE most hated gaming companies out there.

Money first quality.....we'll get back to ya.
Mandrake Jun 14, 2014 @ 4:49am 
Not just the most hated, but the most clueless of companies even over AT&T for TWO golden poo awards. White elephants like Rob Denton and his crew are just a footnote of a lump in the shitpile: http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/ea-admits-it-can-do-better-but-blames-worst-company-success-on-homophobes-and-whiny-madden-fans/
Rat_Trap Jun 14, 2014 @ 5:08am 
Amazing aren't they?.

I guess i just really wanted UO on something like Steam because of high hopes the game could some how return to it's glory days but... it's a wasted dream because the community is just not like it was a decade a go.

Full of 12 years who want F2P and wanna shoot stuff. But maybe Gerriott's new love puppy Swords of the Avatar we might just get another go on the merry go round.
Mandrake Jun 26, 2014 @ 11:52pm 
I think we have an answer - never, if the incompetence and excuses are to believed:

Producer Update
Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2014 Jun 26 19:48 -0400 GMT
Greetings Everyone,

Since I have not given you guys an update lately I thought I would let everyone know what we are up to and give you some highlights as to what and when you can expect to see new and exciting things in UO! I know we stated that Publish 86 would originally be released in July but we are looking at mid August before we can publish now. Since the shutdown of the Mythic Studio, it has caused us to move the rest of our build machines from that office to the office in Herndon before we were expecting so that has caused a delay in our publish time. This is not an excuse but I wanted to let everyone know some of the things we have been dealing with to cause these delays.

BS, BS games, and you know it. That IS an excuse, because development of the game was supposed to be "all BS Games and nothing to do with EA but EA collects the money" remember? Independent and in complete creative control, or at least that is what you seemingly told Taylor over lunch? Sound familiar? Or how about this nugget from May 29th from www.uo.com:

Official Notice
Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2014 May 29 21:46 -0400 GMT
Greetings all,

On www.broadsword.com you will find a message from Broadsword leadership about the recent events regarding EA Mythic. I would like to assure our players that this in no way affects our relationship with Electronic Arts. Everything that has been stated with UO will continue as promised.

We look forward to our continued partnership with EA to ensure a bright and exciting future for Ultima Online.

Suddenly now they have to move the publish machines from what was left of EA Mythic to whatever hole the core of EA Mythic crawled off to and it is JUST NOW a surprise to them?!

They might get back to Steam Greenlight once they figure out that they might want to also transfer the PR machines to their new location. Glad they bothered to mention this all at this late date to their customers in a "timely" and "transparent" manner, who have been waiting for months (at $13 each month) to hear that "development" at BS Games consists of requiring months to figure out where their backsides are located with both hands in their rear pants pockets. This is simply disgraceful, and no wonder customers are bailing.

ETA of Steam "release" November...of next year.

"Our Studio, Our Rules."

PFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Last edited by Mandrake; Jun 27, 2014 @ 12:16am
Rat_Trap Jun 27, 2014 @ 12:40am 
Well ♥♥♥♥..
Mandrake Jun 27, 2014 @ 1:49am 
I know part of my disdain is from my experience in QA (before it became to mean hiring on a bunch of high-school level knuckleheads who merely understood enough to raise their hands when the game crashed - using excuses like "we can just patch it online later"), but most is from the sheer amazement that these folks seem to be treating their "job" like it is some kind of paid vacation while lying about it all the while.

No wonder EA cut them loose as "independent" as never before seen in EA's history; EA Mythic became too incompetent for even EA to stand, and this was the best way for EA to save face.

That...it takes effort to be that bad. The sheer level of don't-give-a-♥♥♥♥ from BS Games is amazing.
Last edited by Mandrake; Jun 27, 2014 @ 1:52am
IamSoftKitty Dec 19, 2014 @ 12:58pm 
!!!UO:R!!! COME VISIT: WWW.UOEPIDEMIC.COM TO PLAY UO NOW FOR FREE!!
LOGIN: UOEPIDEMIC.COM
PORT: 2593

SEE U THERE!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50