This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

FRONTIERS - Explore ● Discover ● Survive
Venerate Thomas Mar 30 @ 10:36am
3 Reasons Why This Game Sucks...
1) There is none, get your head out of the toilet you punk. xD

In all honesty, I'm amazed by this. I cannot wait to see how this game turns out. I remember just a few days ago, just wishing there was a really cool, open exploration game. Thats what this looks like, and I'm ecstatic to help in any way I can. Is there any way at all I could help, at all?
Last edited by Venerate Thomas; Mar 30 @ 10:44am
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
< >
SteveRB2 Mar 30 @ 10:42am 
WOW, I was ready to rage so hard XD. But yeah, if you want more information about the game and where its going check out the Kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/railboy/frontiers-explore-discover-survive
Venerate Thomas Mar 30 @ 10:44am 
Thanks! Fast reply!
Venerate Thomas Mar 30 @ 10:46am 
Honestly, I am a little sad this game is coming out soon. Right now there are so many amazing games going to come out I'm not sure which ones to get. D:
railboy  [developer] Mar 30 @ 10:48am 
LOL you got me.

For now you can just help by letting people know about the greenlight page. A lot of people seem to feel the same way as you and I, and I can't possibly reach them all on my own.
Last edited by railboy; Mar 30 @ 10:49am
Venerate Thomas Mar 30 @ 10:52am 
I'll be sure to!
emart Mar 30 @ 10:52am 
*Bursts in the door* "WHO ISN'T EXCITED FOR THIS GAME!? SHOW YOURSELF!"
maniac626 Mar 30 @ 11:29am 
You cheeky devil.
Leonhast Mar 30 @ 12:18pm 
For a moment, you had me ... ;)
Riverstar Mar 30 @ 1:02pm 
Yes, had me too for a minute. I thought to myself "Well, I better go see what the negative is before I get too excited about this..."
I've already shared the game/greenlight page with my steam friends. Not sure if there's anything else I can do here but I am open to suggestions. I'd like to help if I can :)
Last edited by Riverstar; Mar 30 @ 1:03pm
railboy  [developer] Mar 30 @ 2:02pm 
>"Well, I better go see what the negative is before I get too excited about this..."

I might as well offer 3 reasons why someone might not like it. Good to keep expectations in check. These are the three main complaints I expect to hear about the game, based partly on playtesting sessions and partly on my gut feeling:

1) The AI is stupid. Not much more than 'see player, attack player' with some day/night variations. A lot of people find dumb AI aggravating when the setting is supposed to be realistic so I expect to take flak for this.

2) So-so graphics and so-so performance given those graphics. It's a slow-paced game so 160fps isn't really necessary, but that doesn't mean it won't bother people. Hopefully I can optimize the hell out of it before release. (I'll have to get it to a certain level for Oculus support, obviously.)

3) Uncomfortable mid-point between goal-driven gameplay and pure sandbox. In a 'pure' sandbox like Minecraft there are no goals, only consequences, so you can just jump right in and do whatever. In a typical RPG there are highly specific goals and highly structured means of achieving them. (This is true even in open-ended RPGs that let you ignore those goals.) But in FRONTIERS there are some goals and some consequences and some general suggestions for how to achieve the goals and avoid the consequences. It's very unstructured and a lot of people are going to feel lost. If I've designed the game well it should sort of guide people into the right mindset... but that's really, really easy to screw up when I can't really control what the player experiences during their first few sessions. We'll see how I do.

There. Those are my guesses. We'll see what people say when the game is released.
Last edited by railboy; Mar 30 @ 2:05pm
Venerate Thomas Mar 30 @ 2:12pm 
those felt more like +'s than anything...
isaactomace2004 Mar 30 @ 5:26pm 
really looking forward to this
Venerate Thomas Mar 30 @ 5:28pm 
Dude, you've got this. I'm going to try and help get the word out, and have a pretty good idea of how I can. :D
Uncle Cousin Mar 30 @ 7:19pm 
The second I saw the mountain village and the western town I was sold. I am now proceeding to force my friends to greenlight this project that for some reason reaches a surprising demographic that hasn't really been addessed until now
_K1LL_or_DIE_ Mar 30 @ 10:54pm 
the game ♥♥♥♥
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50