Crown
AnTi 23. mar @ 9:00am
Modifications this map needs
Hi,

First of all, congratulations for this map, it feels really great, and I'm glad that there are people motivated to introduce brand new maps for the competitive mode.

However, I feel like there are some modifications needed on this map to make it more viable.

First, as someone from the community suggested, I think it would be a good idea to add one more way for CTs to rotate. It could be a link between B site to the mid-A area. See the screens below for more details :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/12/1395367906-crown2.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/12/1395367862-crown1.jpg

I like crown1.jpg better.

Also, I think the double door on A is simply a death trap for Ts and rotating CTs. Only one person can get through at a time, and the rest of them can be killed through the door in the meantime.

The 4 seconds delay on the B door is too much in my opinion, it gives the side which takes a risk no chance if they pick wrong. 1 second should be enough.

The stables seem to be too much as far as hiding spots are concerned. At least I would not let so much room in it.

Hopefully you can get something out of this feedback. I'd really like de_crown to be accepted by leagues and tournaments in the future.

Keep up the good work.

Sist redigert av AnTi; 23. mar @ 2:16pm
Viser 1-14 av 14 kommentarer
< >
SSecret Squirrel 23. mar @ 1:44pm 
i love crown and i like the second listed pic aka as crown1.jpg as the route better though in the map i believe its just not a normal way it would only be used for rotations or sneak attacks farther into the round im guessing
AnTi 23. mar @ 2:09pm 
Opprinnelig skrevet av albot123enator:
i love crown and i like the second listed pic aka as crown1.jpg as the route better though in the map i believe its just not a normal way it would only be used for rotations or sneak attacks farther into the round im guessing

Yeah that's the idea, it offers more rotation possibilities for CTs, and Ts can change the angle of their attacks as well, even if it's more risky for them, since it's far in the enemy lines.
FMPONE w00t  [utvikler] 24. mar @ 12:24am 
Thanks for the feedback, although I can say I don't think we have any interest in adding a middle route.

We would prefer if people adapted to the challenges of Crown, instead of simply turning the map something people are already familiar with.
Sist redigert av FMPONE w00t; 24. mar @ 12:29am
GREYS 24. mar @ 10:03am 
Graphic wise the map is absolutely stunning. Congratulations! but as many people said - the rotation A<->B is taking a bit too long...
I compared it to dust2 and it takes about twice the time for the rotation.

Dust2 A<->B ~10-11s
Crown A<->B ~20s

Also I'am asking myself if crown gets any "Pro-Player" feedback... would be nice to share some infos with the community.
Sist redigert av GREYS; 24. mar @ 10:04am
POO POO ツ 24. mar @ 12:23pm 
I personally haven't play it however I can tell you from playing competively in the past 20S from site to site is FAR too long.
FireCrab 24. mar @ 12:40pm 
I like the way that map is. It makes gameplay more challenging and skill requiring.
Gosh6z 24. mar @ 1:52pm 
nasj
No 24. mar @ 3:00pm 
Ya'll are asking for a middle, but they puposefully did not add one. They wanted a map that was different and not just the same with slightly different layout.
AnTi 24. mar @ 6:52pm 
Opprinnelig skrevet av No:
Ya'll are asking for a middle, but they puposefully did not add one. They wanted a map that was different and not just the same with slightly different layout.

It's not a middle, it's more like a side way. And believe me, this map is already very different from what was made before, with or without a decent rotation time.

Opprinnelig skrevet av ph1:
Also I'am asking myself if crown gets any "Pro-Player" feedback... would be nice to share some infos with the community.

I'd also like to know more about that as well.

Opprinnelig skrevet av FMPONE maaaanly man:
Thanks for the feedback, although I can say I don't think we have any interest in adding a middle route.

We would prefer if people adapted to the challenges of Crown, instead of simply turning the map something people are already familiar with.

I already understood what you tried to achieve with this map, however I'm afraid you're asking too many changes at a time. I think it would be wiser to put some water in your wine so that the map gets accepted by the community. I really like de_crown but I'm afraid that asking the players to completely change the way they play the game will only hurt the map's popularity in the end. I believe the goal is for the map to be as popular as de_dust2 and de_inferno isn't it?

Anyway, good luck, I really hope it'll work out.
Sist redigert av AnTi; 24. mar @ 6:52pm
FMPONE w00t  [utvikler] 25. mar @ 8:06am 
It's a valid concern and I appreciate your mentality and well-spokenness on the topic. That said, the fact that I so enjoy the map the way it currently is, makes changes uncertain. Thank you again. Let's talk again soon.
Sist redigert av FMPONE w00t; 25. mar @ 8:06am
flow 25. mar @ 8:35am 
I would like to see this map in the future operatins as it is. If there will show up a need to change things then so shal it be. How ever I really like the idea to have something different that we have used to play.

I think that CT-side has already good places to hold positions and allowing them to be more mobile would change the balance of the map far too CT-sided. I like the idea that if T-side get's the plant - agains odds - CTs are severelly punished with long rotations. Also succesful fakes will have far greater impact into the income, which is also nice.

If it will come to the modifications, please atleast do not make a direct link between bombsites, like in picture "crown1". "crown2" is more acceptable.
Defyler 30. mar @ 8:27am 
I agree that barn needs to go.
I think that vents should be taken out because i find that a llittle to easy for CT snipers to just flank around and catch Terrorists off guard and vice versa if a smoke is thrown. To fix this yu could make a passage in Underpass going into the bombsite. I know that there is that wooden plank there to jump onto Overpass bu new players wouldnt know about it. Other than that i believe this map will be played in the actual Competitive leagues (As long as vent is taken out). If you do take out you might even want to just move it up a bit so that Terrorists could have al ine of sight on it when they come through Catwalk/Middle. These r my only concerns on the map, keep up the good work!

Sist redigert av Defyler; 30. mar @ 8:28am
MeRkUrY80 8. apr @ 7:06pm 
i have to agree with the developer, people need to learn to adapt and welcome change. We don't need super quickfast rotations, isn't the timer already 45 seconds? That is a lot of time.
Sist redigert av MeRkUrY80; 8. apr @ 7:07pm
ham5 5. sep @ 6:04pm 
CEngineTrace::ClipRayToVPhysics : no model; bbox {0,0,0}-{0,0,0}

why the constant console spam every round - what is this can you please please fix it!?
Viser 1-14 av 14 kommentarer
< >
Per side: 15 30 50