This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

GemCraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows
Peetfighter Mar 12 @ 1:29pm
Price?
Great to see the game is almost complete! I was wondering how much we would have to pay if this game got Greenlighted.

Alternatively, how much would you want to pay for the game?
Between €5 and €10 seems reasonable to me.
Last edited by Peetfighter; Mar 12 @ 2:56pm
Showing 1-15 of 85 comments
< >
GlaDOS Mar 12 @ 2:44pm 

$7.49-$9.99 is reasonable for me (as a broke student)

Would like to see a demo published before buying though.
Last edited by GlaDOS; Mar 12 @ 2:46pm
wtfdouble Mar 12 @ 2:44pm 
If its only half as good as i think it will be i would spend around 10€ for sure
Hapless Citizen Mar 12 @ 2:45pm 
I'd pay $10 for the game easily, $15 if there was some form of competitive mp
SandwichKed Mar 12 @ 3:09pm 
GiaB massively undercharged for the premium version of GC:L. I hope that they're thinking of $10 minimum, and frankly I'd pay a whole lot more for a non-flash GC. I wouldn't even hesitate at $30, but you've got to figure it will be less than that.
pman1994 Mar 12 @ 3:09pm 
i would pay between $4.99-$9.99 for the game
Peetfighter Mar 12 @ 4:13pm 
Originally posted by kerryms:
GiaB massively undercharged for the premium version of GC:L. I hope that they're thinking of $10 minimum, and frankly I'd pay a whole lot more for a non-flash GC. I wouldn't even hesitate at $30, but you've got to figure it will be less than that.
I don't remember what the GC:L premium price was. Does anyone here know?
Freakie Mar 12 @ 4:44pm 
Originally posted by Peetfighter:
Originally posted by kerryms:
I don't remember what the GC:L premium price was. Does anyone here know?
$5 was the price. A price happily payed by many. Peter, the Dev of these games, is particularly sensitive about how to go about offering a premium version for his games and has written/linked to a few very detailed posts about this kind of stuff. He seems pretty well informed about how to go about pricing models and from what I have seen, I HIGHLY doubt he will charge more than $10. Depends of course what kind of cut Armor Games takes and Steam takes, but he just doesn't seem like the guy to go past $10 (I could be wrong of course).
Albatare Mar 12 @ 5:09pm 
I gladly gave the 5 bucks for the flash version of gemcraft, I felt it was so cheap for such a good game. Wouldn't mind paying 10-15 for a steam game.
Mt3 Mar 12 @ 8:15pm 
Guys if we need to pay for whole game and premium content would be between 10$ and 15$ but that doesnt make any sense since in other places the game will be free
GrnDZer0 Mar 12 @ 8:28pm 
Mt3:: Gemcraft Labyrinth had a great $5 freemium model. You could play the entire game for free, but for the $5 developer support you got upgrade points, and a few upgrades only available to "premium" purchasers. I imagine with the **years** of work they've put into this sequel they would be well within their rights to do either a 75% of game paywall, or at least a series of exclusive maps and upgrades again.

Not to mention, if it's a steam port, you can play offline without the browser and surrounding, crowding banner ads that come with it.

If this has even a fraction of the replay value that Labyrinth *still* has I would easily pay $10-15 for an offline, full-screen, browser-ad free version.
Arrakis Mar 12 @ 8:37pm 
Originally posted by GlaDOS:
$7.49-$9.99 is reasonable for me (as a broke student)

Would like to see a demo published before buying though.
You can play the full game on Armorgames for free in 13 days, you can purchase premium there to get all the features (extra skills and game modes probably) that will also be in the steam version.
OnlyUknow Mar 12 @ 9:23pm 
nice game
Fading_Souls_ Mar 13 @ 5:29am 
PEOPLE R U STOODPID?! The game is, was, and always will be free, its coming out on 20 something this month, its free on armorgames.com when it comes out
lipkozzi Mar 13 @ 6:35am 
I sincerely hope that the previous comment was just a plain trolling attempt.

Even though the previous installments were free and it is also expected to come out as free (at least the base version of the game) Gemcraft Labyrinth has a Premium edition (now called Sorcerer's Package) where for a small fee you'd get additional skills and skillpoints. I guess that Gemcraft 2 will also contain a similar sort of a premium package and I believe that each sane person who enjoyed the previous Gemcraft games will be eager to support the author and pay for this.

Altough it would be nice if people who purchase the premium edition on AG would receive a steam code when it comes out on steam

Originally posted by Brick:
According to gameinabottle.com the game is coming out on March 17.

The release date of march 17th is not valid anymore as it was postponed by another week. Author says on his blog page that it might be out on Tuesday, 25th of March, 2014.
Teck Mar 13 @ 7:03am 
We don't know if it will be greenlighted by then. Anyway, the game is probably "Free-mium" so there's a premium edition and an in-game currency.
Showing 1-15 of 85 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50