Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Smart AI
PestNerd Nov 3, 2015 @ 6:21am
Suggestions?
I've just found htis mod and subscribed! Not tested it yet, will play Civ later on today though, looking forward to being crushed by AI!

Some more suggestions (not that you're running out of things...):

- AI Use Siege more

- AI HEAVILY prioritize your Siege units when you're attacking their cities (but don't prioritize them elsewhere)

- I dunno if this falls under AI, but things like less diplo penalty for taking a city of a civ that declared on you in the first place, also warmonger civs not necessarily looking more favourably on other (competing) warmongers, whilst peaceful civs are if anything MORE willing to trade friendships and defensive pacts with strong warmongers...

- Also, team games - trying to play with an AI teammate is impossible becasue they keep warring CSs that you're trying to befriend, and keep accepting peace deals with enemies just before you can take their city...

- AI prioritize settling near mountains a lot more

- AI prioritize canal cities slightly. I don't know quite how to define canal cities for an AI, but I guess something like "If the tile borders 4 coast tiles and the 2 land tiles are not together", and then also if the 2 land tiles on either side border more land tiles then this increases the value of the canal... I dunno.

- AI change their strategies slightly depending on which civs neighbour them - closer civs have more 'influence' on their playstyle.

Hopefully you read this but no problem if you don't!
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Polyester™ Nov 5, 2015 @ 3:22pm 
When the mod is finished, you should remove the AI's inate advantages on higher difficultys.
Firebird Dec 12, 2015 @ 1:40pm 
You should research war strategy of different civilizations and make AI use the war strategies that their historical civs used in real life. For example American AI should build lots of marines, carriers, and bombers, Russian AI should emphasize air defence (fighters+mobile SAMs), Paratroopers, and overall strenght in numbers on the ground, Germany should focus on subs, tanks, and the overall air force etc.
Lukomanchuko Dec 20, 2015 @ 6:56am 
I think adding even more to the team, make it so when you are researching something that the AI doesn't start reasearching it last second so the research ends after your turn but before theirs. Then they steal every single wonder and they have over 20 wonders while I have 2.
BigChicken Mar 9, 2016 @ 1:19pm 
Number 4 would be great
c39687 Mar 31, 2016 @ 12:53am 
Originally posted by wasabiguy314:
You should research war strategy of different civilizations and make AI use the war strategies that their historical civs used in real life. For example American AI should build lots of marines, carriers, and bombers, Russian AI should emphasize air defence (fighters+mobile SAMs), Paratroopers, and overall strenght in numbers on the ground, Germany should focus on subs, tanks, and the overall air force etc.
good idea
[GS] B16-S Jul 7, 2016 @ 6:22pm 
I know this is old, but I would like to remark on the suggestions made here:

Siege Units: I'm not sure about the AI building more of these, as I'm not aware of how many it actually builds; it's a matter of testing to balance it out. I absolutely agree that the AI should heavily prioritize your siege units, specially when it's under siege.

Warmonger penalties: the AI reaction against warmongers vary greatly. It depends on the leader's personality, how that Civ perceives warmongers, the difference in power between the two, the alliances it has with other Civs.

Team games: again, not sure if this needs tweaking as I haven't played in a team with AI.

Settling: I don't think this needs any adjustment. The AI is quite liberal with their city locations, more so than most players. Also, the number of City-States settled into canals are astounding.

Civ playstyle: I believe that the leader's personality, the starting bias, and the unique unit(s) it has are more than enough to determine how a particular Civ will play out. Many of the AI strategy is defined by the terrain, the technology it possesses, and other aspects not defined by which Civ it is.
Uncle Iroh Feb 18, 2018 @ 2:16pm 
if the ai has les then the most votes in the WorldCongress/UnitedNations then they vote for their best ally who has the most votes
Wojtek Jun 17, 2019 @ 10:42am 
Please make it to where AI's actually make some damn sense with war. I'll take an AI's entire country, leaving them with 1 city that's about to be taken, and still go "I hAvE nO dEsIrE tO cOnSiDeR pEaCe." It's so annoying. I want to use my vassals to help me in congress but NO, APPARENTLY NOT
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50