This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Cadence
TheSniperFan Mar 1, 2014 @ 10:20am
Linux support?
I wanted to ask whether this game will eventually get Linux/SteamOS support?
Since it's being done with Unity, it shouldn't be much work.
Well, unless it's done in a Unity version before 4.0.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
KKKay Mar 2, 2014 @ 6:46am 
E............
Made With Monster Love  [developer] Mar 2, 2014 @ 7:47am 
I agree with the general sentiment that Linux support is in the best interest of modern games, especially with SteamOS on the horizon. And normally Unity makes this straightforward.

However the possibility of supporting Linux depends on the audio engine I eventually decide to implement, which may be 3rd party and therefore make Linux support non-trivial. As a single person development team I think it's important to concentrate my efforts and make the game I know I can deliver well. Making technology choices that exclude particular platforms is not one I take lightly, but you can be sure that if I go down this road it will be because I believe there is no other way (within the capabilities of my resources) to deliver a game that reaches it's full potential.

It's a tough one but I hope you guys understand ;)
TheSniperFan Mar 2, 2014 @ 9:01am 
Of course.
No port is better than a poor one after all.
Just develop the game how you think will yield the best results.

I assume that third-party audio engine has Windows and OSX support only. Maybe it's worth asking the developers about Linux support.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to how this game will turn out.
TheDogofWar Jun 25, 2014 @ 11:25pm 
I sure do hope so
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50