This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Mini Metro
pneumaticgraphite Mar 6 @ 9:28pm
Bugs (but I can't stop playing!)
First off, love the game, been addicted since first downloading.

I don't know where to let you know about these, but a couple of bugs/thoughts I've noticed (Running alpha on OSX 10.7.5):

1. There is no way of exiting fullscreen. No keyboard commands work except pressing "play/f8", which opens iTunes and takes me out of the game.

2. Sometimes passengers don't get off to transfer to a connecting line.

3. I wish I could move the upgrades/game over notification so I could see my lines. Or have it be smaller and not in the way.

Otherwise a couple routing issues over corners of water, but I absolutely love this game! And I think these songs really fit the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNabPBPoHQ
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3vXBPuMIjg
Last edited by pneumaticgraphite; Mar 6 @ 9:37pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
[FAIL] agilemania Mar 7 @ 5:53am 
Another bug report: when you get far along and are pretty far zoomed out (scores of 500+) some of the passenger shapes start to become blurry and hard to tell apart. Particularly difficult pairs are stars v. triangles and diamonds v. wedges.

My high score screenshot (717!) demonstrates this: http://imgur.com/U0WQcK6 #humblebrag

I'm playing the standalone build of alpha5 on Windows 7. That screenshot shows the native size of the window - I don't see a fullscreen option?
Last edited by [FAIL] agilemania; Mar 7 @ 6:00am
Robert  [developer] Mar 7 @ 8:37pm 
@pneumaticgraphite:

1. I'm on a Windows machine so I can't help with that right now, but DPC's other dev uses a Mac so I'll raise this with him.

2. This has been fixed and will be in the next alpha.

3. We have plans for handling the "game over", not sure on the final implementation yet but it won't involve an ugly black dialog right on top of your beautiful metro layout. Also we've had a few requests to make the upgrade selection more friendly - especially being able to allow you to see your current problem spots to allow you to make a more measured selection. It won't be in the next alpha but it's definitely on the cards.

@agilemania:

717! Nice!

I agree with you on the shapes, that's one we've had a bit of trouble with. Turns out coming up with eight unique shapes that you can easily tell apart is pretty difficult! We're totally open to any suggestions you might have. :)
ekze Mar 7 @ 11:48pm 
>I don't see a fullscreen option
You can maximize the window using Windows Task Manager, or using software called BorderlessWindow. Unity games scale perfectly to any resolution ^^
[FAIL] agilemania Mar 10 @ 5:02pm 
I definitely get the issue of coming up with more icons. I assume you're intentionally avoiding X's and arrows. What about footballs, crescents, or hearts?

The more important issue in my mind was that the current icons aren't shrinking down very well. They start to get really pixelated and blobby. The way they look in my screenshot isn't an artifact of Imgur - that's how they actually look on my high-res screen. I don't know if there's anything you can do about that or if it's a limitation of your graphics library, but I thought it was worth a mention anyway.
Dinosaur Polo Club  [developer] Mar 11 @ 12:37pm 
Unity on Mac is causing all sorts of weird fullscreen issues. I've put in a hack in the latest alpha that should force it to a 1024x768 window. If that doesn't work, you can toggle with Cmd-F. Cmd-Q will quit the app.
[FAIL] agilemania Mar 12 @ 11:05am 
What about for Windows?
lolicol :D Apr 30 @ 9:52am 
Best score 1250 and is my second game :3
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50