Тази игра получи зелена светлина от общността.

Общността показа интереса си към играта. Valve са се свързали с този разработчик, за да се придвижи излизането ѝ в Steam.

Mini Metro
EJ Loves Àstrid ▌▌▌ 27 февруари в 6:50сут.
Whut?
Flash game on steam? o.O
Показване на 1-15 от 22 коментара
< >
Bread 27 февруари в 6:06след. 
obviously you haven't played binding of isaac, wich is in flash too.
Dinosaur Polo Club  [разработчик] 27 февруари в 9:42след. 
Първоначално публикувано от Alix:
Exactly. I don't know how the standards for Greenlight have been lowered so low, but the bar needs to be raised again.

What exactly do you mean by 'quality'? Graphics? Scope? Gameplay?
Dinosaur Polo Club  [разработчик] 27 февруари в 11:09след. 
Well it's interesting to hear you say that - to be honest I didn't think you'd reply. :)

One of the things I was concerned about when submitting to Greenlight (and actually trying to promote the game at all) is that I know people can fall into the trap of watching 5 seconds of the video, seeing a couple of screenshots, and jumping to conclusions about what the game is. I know I've done it. That's the main reason we've had an alpha playable on the website since September.

The aesthetic is meant to be evocative of the theme - it's based on the London underground map. Is it simple? Yes. That's why we used it! Both of us developing this game are coders, not artists. The first post on our devlog was about exactly this (http://devlog.dinopoloclub.com/post/64365801217/mind-the-gap).

Now I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but we've had great feedback so far - even on Greenlight, which I was expecting to be 50% 'lol flash game', the reception so far has been fantastic. The prototype we built for Ludum Dare, Mind the Gap http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-26/comment-page-2/?action=preview&uid=21881 was voted #1 in innovation out of over 700 games. I'm not saying it's an IGF nominee or anything, but Mini Metro has turned out to be a game that a lot of people enjoy and really get in to. Of course that doesn't mean you'll like it if you do decide to play it - there are plenty of games that a lot of people like that I can't stand - but please think hard before you decide to throw around 'Flash game' as an epithet! If Edmund McMillen hears you he'll get upset.

As for Mini Metro not being appropriate for Steam ... well we all have our say through Greenlight about which games are 'Steam-worthy'. It is the unfortunate reality however that not being on Steam is a death-wish to a game's profitability on desktop platforms. I don't know whether Valve wanted that to be the case, but it is the reality nonetheless. So you may not want it on Steam, but we REALLY REALLY do. And we hope a lot of others do too!
Последно редактиран от Dinosaur Polo Club; 27 февруари в 11:29след.
{E.E}xminor1 1 март в 7:33сут. 
I, for one, say to give alphas a chance. When this comes out, (notice how i said when not if) it will be the third alpha i have in my collection.
kuska 3 март в 4:39сут. 
@Alix: funnily enough, I noticed many games on Steam that are meant to be retro games. The graphics is just very poor, only pixels, nothing refreshing in addition, nothing creative. Just games I could get for free or as abandonware at least. Such games on Steam (to make things worse) can cost heaven and earth on Steam. And I don't get it at all. I wouldn't give more than just 1 euro for them - but they exist and I assume someone buys them.

This metro game, on the other hand, seems fresh and creative. Simple yet playable. And there are no pixels. Yeah, I know there're pixels and pixels. I don't mind pixels at all but I do mind pixels that are dull and show only lack of graphic skills or copy work.
sometext 3 март в 8:33сут. 
The graphics were one of the reasons I clicked on this game and played it. It's attractively simple. I can definitely understand the concern with the quality of games on steam dropping, but as long as this creator keeps updating I don't think this will be one of them. This game is NOT ready but it is fun in it's current state, and I think shows a lot of promise.
Erreth 3 март в 3:23след. 
The look of the game was the reason to watch and play this game. realy like the look of a real metro plan. and this one is moving and got the typical metro line look and colors.
after failing some times I have to say, that the game is harder as i thought.
In short: great idea, great look, love it.
apsalar 3 март в 6:48след. 
I tried the demo based on Matt Rix's tweet and enjoyed it quite a bit. I like trains and I like resource/time management games.
Sinous 4 март в 3:53след. 
This is one of the best stratagy concepts that i've seen in a long time, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
shotsy 4 март в 8:47след. 
I just spent 30 minutes playing the alpha build (http://dinopoloclub.com/minimetro/) and loved it. I hope it gets voted up, super fun.
dofer49 4 март в 9:19след. 
Първоначално публикувано от Dinosaur Polo Club:

And as far as gameplay goes, it's hard to tell since I haven't actually played it, but it looks like there isn't much to it.

Well then try playing it. It's the right kind of minimal with a different kind of strategy involved. Do I extend an existing line to get to a new area? Do I create a new line for this side of the river bank over the other? If the graphics aren't for you, well then I guess you're not the target audience; just consider the fact that there are other transit games with full 3d.
Topperfalkon 5 март в 12:58след. 
Just wanted to say, I tried the prototype (blame Gizmodo for actually featuring something interesting for a change), and I found it rather engaging and fun. There's not really anything in it to worry about, so if you haven't even tried it there's little point commenting about whether the game "deserves" to be on Greenlight or not (leaving aside the point that saying that misses the entire point of the Greenlight process).
Kenraali #Gunnar Optik 5 март в 12:59след. 
Wow
Typhoon 6 март в 5:50сут. 
Първоначално публикувано от Dinosaur Polo Club:

Graphics and gameplay. If you look at most games on Steam, there's just a certain . . . standard for graphics, and the graphics for this game are very simplistic. It just looks like it has shapes, and that's all. It just looks like a flash game, no offense. And as far as gameplay goes, it's hard to tell since I haven't actually played it, but it looks like there isn't much to it. As an example, someone else mentioned Binding of Isaac, there was a LOT to that game though. And I don't mean to be offensive, but I've just seen many traffic games on flash game websites where you have to direct the flow of traffic for trains or cars and keep them from crashing into each other. I just don't see anything original with this game. I've seen too many flash games like this that looked prettier and had more going on. I don't mean to insult you because I'm sure you worked hard but I don't think this is a game that fits in with Steam.

Kid criticizes gameplay. Didn't even play the game.
Deon [SWE] 6 март в 7:21сут. 
Първоначално публикувано от Snow Queen Elsa:
Kid criticizes gameplay. Didn't even play the game.

I was thinking the same thing... silly complaint... how does he know what an apple taste like when he haven't eaten one?

This is actually one of the better games that has appeared on Greenlight. It is true that it is a simple game in its current incarnation, but anyone that has played it for a while knows how complex it gets over time. There is also a lot of room for improvements and obstacles that would add to difficulty and the overall experience.

The graphics are honestly good. They used subway maps as a reference and it is a perfect choice that keeps players from getting distracted by unnecessary details while playing. This is called minimalism in art and good minimalism is all about removing unnecessary information while leaving only just enough detail for the viewer to understand the purpose of the picture, its individual components and the overall message.

This little game is a gem. There is room for this game next to Braid, World of Goo, Fez and the rest of the indie games if the developers pour their heart into it and polish it into a AAA game.
Показване на 1-15 от 22 коментара
< >
На страница: 15 30 50