This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Dig or Die
(ง'̀-'́)ง Stormy Feb 21, 2014 @ 6:20pm
Demo?
Is there a demo?
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Encyclopath Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:37pm 
There should be a demo.
*CSG* SnipeRageQuit Feb 21, 2014 @ 9:35pm 
Where is the demo?
*CSG* SnipeRageQuit Feb 21, 2014 @ 9:35pm 
i would LOVE to try this out
Gaddy Games  [developer] Feb 21, 2014 @ 10:10pm 
I cannot release a demo yet, the game is not yet ready for that (for example, there is no item description yet). But I'll definitely release one when the game is for sale, or before. I really want for all you to try playing with the water system and other little features I love :-)
Last edited by Gaddy Games; Feb 21, 2014 @ 10:10pm
(ง'̀-'́)ง Stormy Feb 21, 2014 @ 11:05pm 
Originally posted by Gaddy Games:
I cannot release a demo yet, the game is not yet ready for that (for example, there is no item description yet). But I'll definitely release one when the game is for sale, or before. I really want for all you to try playing with the water system and other little features I love :-)
Yeah... Mmmmm Water Features!
Wraith Feb 22, 2014 @ 9:42am 
if you are trying to get greenlight, releasing a demo when it is ready will definately help. There is too much junk on Greenlight and too many people get burned by great looking concepts that the developers dont end up having the skill to deliver on, so a demo actually shows something tangible. Definately dont wait until you get greenlight to release a demo or you may never make it. The sandbox genre is blowing up right now and there is a lot of junk out there. Good luck to you!
Sapientia Feb 22, 2014 @ 10:15am 
Originally posted by Stormy | 11th Doc:
Originally posted by Gaddy Games:
Yeah... Mmmmm Water Features!
The best thing i see in the videos!
bananasplit_00 Feb 23, 2014 @ 2:54am 
if your trying to get green lighted make a basic demo and have a kickstarter campain and those who contribute to the kickstarter should get the demo! :D if you deside to do so i whill efenatly contibute!
Gaddy Games  [developer] Feb 23, 2014 @ 4:30am 
Thank you for your remarks, i'm working on it (a small crowdfunding with alpha easy access), as i've been really surprised by the great feedback. More news very soon!
༼༽Shadrakor༼༽ Feb 26, 2014 @ 3:53am 
Your liquid system looks amazing, and it really seems like it could make for a cool defense game knowing that you have to survive through the night.
I have some questions though.
Is it going to be survival in the sense that you have to eat/craft things in order to survive?
I see you can gather metal. Is that just going to be for guns?
Also, how many weapons do you plan on adding?
It would be really cool to have wide range of weaponry to use against the monsters. Grenades, lazers, rockets, etc.
Will there be different types of turrets, for that matter?
And is there going to be any RPG aspect to the game? (I.e guns level up, or turrets can be upgraded, etc.)
And what about a loot system? Do you just buy everything?

Haha, sorry for all the questions. I'm really interested in this game, and it really seems like it could be an awesome one if done right. So far, I don't see any problems with it. It looks awesome! It's going to be something I'll be anticipating to be greenlit.
Good luck, by the way!
~ Shaddy
KnouppGame Feb 28, 2014 @ 4:37pm 
I'll have a key right
Gaddy Games  [developer] Feb 28, 2014 @ 11:16pm 
༼ŠhãÐrãkór༽: - no food for now, I don't really like the "sims" idea, I prefer the idea of being attacked. Like in Aliens or Starship Troopers movies to give you the idea :-)
- Metal is required for most gun yes and for most of the tools (it's the most useful ore for crafting). But there'll be many other ores and minerals to collect.
- Lot of various weapons I hope, and some I hope very original, like a storm-generator gun that create heavy rains & lighting on your enemys, or physic-based guns to push far aways your enemy for example
- Lot of various turrets of course, as the defense of your base is the most important thing of the game. And some support building like auto-repair turrets etc.
- Yep there is loot, but no coins or things like that, it's a S-F coherent background. But some aliens have useful organs to loot
༼༽Shadrakor༼༽ Mar 2, 2014 @ 5:44am 
Well if you dislike the whole sim idea, you could do what Terraria did and just make enemies drop a universal food source. 'Course, I could understand why you'd want to avoid that, the whole survival thing is being a bit over used lately. It's nice to see a survival game that doesn't require you to cook food for an hour before you can actually do something...

A storm gun... A ♥♥♥♥ing storm gun!? TAKE MY MONEY!

Naw, in all seriousness, mixed with the liquid system, it sounds like a great idea. I'd be cool if you could build like, a seperate turret/building that could generate storms for you. Or some kind of lightning rod that could redirect lightning into a turret that could then shoot it back out... So a kind of two-part system. Maybe a gun that does the same... I don't see how you would use the storm-generator to really attack enemies, the lightning would be random. Well, unless it auto-targets enemies, which would be cool for simplicities sake. Though, if you made the gun a two-parter (requires a storm over-head) you could buff it up and make it do some serious damage.

How in-depth (no pun intended) is the mining/caving system going to be? Like, would it be possible to find hidden dungeons underground, or will there be rarer things like chests with special weaponry?

You should have an idea box or something. With a game with this much potential, you could put so much content into it! AND if a customer comes up with a cool idea you hadn't thought of, that'd be the place for them to submit it.

For now, as i've said, I look forward to it! Even if it doesn't get greenlit (which is highly unlikely) i'd love to play it once it's 100% finished... or as 100% as a game can get.
~ Shaddy
Gaddy Games  [developer] Mar 3, 2014 @ 12:48am 
༼ŠhãÐrãkór༽ : thanks for your interesting reply. You're right i don't very like the idea of cooking for hours before doing something :-) I prefer to focus on the most interesting parts of the survival thing ; the feeling of danger coming and the urge to prepare for it.
About the storm gun for now I had just thought of a gun that create an area-based storm, that create water and lightings that target nearest units, during a moment. So tactically that could create a nice damage-on-time area. But you're right there are many possibilities to explore.
About the mining/caving system, the very important thing for me is to keep a coherent science-fiction background, so a random underground dungeon doesn't really make sense. An ancient base with an entrance from the surface could be nice, but for the moment I've mostly planned different areas underground (and above ground) like the underground ocean you can see in the video (don't worry for the spoiler, there are many other planned :-))

About the feedback, there will be a private forum for the backers of the crowdfunding, where i'll be the most active. I know that may not be very nice for the non-backers but by doing that I'll be able to focus on both the game development and in-depth discussions with a limited number of players (the backers)
Clawfinger Mar 4, 2014 @ 7:38am 
If I dig a tunnel 25 blocks long horizontally, will there be a possibility for a cave-in? Will there be back/foreground supportbeams?

How many players is multiplayer going to support? The frequency of these storms & if you dont want them, can be turned down?

Really looking forward for this one, Starbound was a bit too stiff for my liking and Terraria is getting dated
Last edited by Clawfinger; Mar 4, 2014 @ 7:42am
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50