The Inside Jab
Gareth Feb 18, 2014 @ 6:24pm
Your average stats discussion
I was thinking that, upon backstabbing, the bullet could continue straight forward until it hit someone or something.
Showing 1-15 of 70 comments
< >
Pyrophobia Feb 18, 2014 @ 9:22pm 
I had the same idea.
-Upon backstab the bullet would crit the first person it hit
-Has only six shoots
-Cannot be refilled by ammo pick-up.
ike Feb 19, 2014 @ 12:14am 
Upon backstab, a loud gunshot sound is made
six shots, reloadable with a total of 4 mags
ammo refillable

I honestly dont know what the pros would be and honestly who gives a ♥♥♥♥
Nico Feb 19, 2014 @ 12:59am 
Bullets that hit players from behind = Crit?
No backtab + Distinct sound + No ammo pickup ???
Napy Da Wise  [developer] Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:40am 
The idea behind it is that it's a concealed gun that can be triggered by punching. So it could somehow improve your disguise (damage resistance while disguised, don't loose disguise on backstab, instant disguise (no smoke), stuff like that, but would make a very loud and distinctive sound on backstab
UberShyGuy Feb 19, 2014 @ 10:23am 
Yea I was thinking instead of a backstab it just shoots out and crits from behind kinda like a long range backstab, but the gunshots are limmited and the knife does less damage when you go to melee someone
BluLizardHero Feb 19, 2014 @ 12:41pm 
What about it makes a loud backstab, but when it backstabs it maybe will shoot right through the body and double backstab the guy right in front of the guy you just backstabed? For example theres a medic and his heavy, I am a spy, I backstab the medic and he is looking at heavys back then the bullet will go through and hit the heavy in the back and voila! You have a double backstab! So the first backstab must be near the enemy, and the second backstab can be far away! Just an idea!
Spartan Kenny Feb 19, 2014 @ 1:18pm 
Maybe Some Like
+ 20% Extra Damage
+Faster Movement Speed
-20% Health On wearer
Alt Click to Shoot
No Random Crits
Napy Da Wise  [developer] Feb 19, 2014 @ 1:35pm 
Originally posted by TrueKennyCraft:
Maybe Some Like
+ 20% Extra Damage
+Faster Movement Speed
-20% Health On wearer
Alt Click to Shoot
No Random Crits
Alt clic is the watch.
Extra damages have no real impact on knifes
No knife have random crits.
Nefnoj Feb 19, 2014 @ 1:50pm 
I don't think the reload animation is compatible with knives, but then again, the Spy has weird first person animations thanks to his billion different view-models. I like the idea of on-backstab, bullet goes through the backstab victim dealing face-stab damage to anyone unfortunate enough to be near. Maybe an increase in projectile face-stab damage, with a slower weapon swing? Or maybe since there are six bullets, your stabs would be restricted to six, discouraging face-stabs in gameplay. Since there are no animations currently, you'd only get ammo from resupply lockers.

Oh, hey! Modelwise, do the visible bullets in the clip vanish on stab?
Last edited by Nefnoj; Feb 19, 2014 @ 1:50pm
Napy Da Wise  [developer] Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:16pm 
Originally posted by Nefnoj:
I don't think the reload animation is compatible with knives, but then again, the Spy has weird first person animations thanks to his billion different view-models. I like the idea of on-backstab, bullet goes through the backstab victim dealing face-stab damage to anyone unfortunate enough to be near. Maybe an increase in projectile face-stab damage, with a slower weapon swing? Or maybe since there are six bullets, your stabs would be restricted to six, discouraging face-stabs in gameplay. Since there are no animations currently, you'd only get ammo from resupply lockers.

Unfortunatly it's impossible with the current animations, so cylinder spinning, bullet disapearing don't work. But then again none of the ingame revolvers have that either, so...
Nefnoj Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:22pm 
Originally posted by Napy Da Wise:
Originally posted by Nefnoj:

Unfortunatly it's impossible with the current animations, so cylinder spinning, bullet disapearing don't work. But then again none of the ingame revolvers have that either, so...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, they never fixed that, haha. You could probably do cylinder spinning with jig-bones, that'd be clever. Might be distracting though, especially since, as you said, the bullets don't eject.

Anything's possible with jig-bones. EVERYTHING IN LIFE.
Optimore Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:29pm 
-Limited to 6 bullets (can be replenished with ammo packs)
-On Backstab: Bullet fires, kills target and goes through to kill anyone in front of the target, up to 3 people per stab. Hitting a Sentry will stun it for 3 seconds.
-On Miss-stab: (Read: hitting someone, but not backstabbing them, or just plain swing-and-miss) 60 damage is dealt to user, a bullet is wasted, and the spy is stunned (Razorback-stun animation is played, not sandman stun)

It's a REALLY high risk-high reward Spy playstyle; get your stabs and you can cause a lot of collateral, but miss and you're screwed. Also good for Stab'n'Sap.
Rostovne Feb 19, 2014 @ 4:00pm 
all i know for sure is that it maybe could be like the eternal reward but has a distinct gunshot sound when you backstab someone and it shoots rather than backstabs which can pentrate through players.
Deep Web (Banned) Feb 19, 2014 @ 4:09pm 
How could it crit someone if backstab if backstab is insta kill. Common sense is a endangered species.
Originally posted by Pyrophobia:
I had the same idea.
-Upon backstab the bullet would crit the first person it hit
-Has only six shoots
-Cannot be refilled by ammo pick-up.
Deep Web (Banned) Feb 19, 2014 @ 4:11pm 
+%20 more damage if front stab.
-Marked for death on backstab.
-Loud Sound on stab. (Any Side)
Showing 1-15 of 70 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50