This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

TesserAct
Qon Feb 20 @ 5:02pm
Why "tesseract"?
I don't see the mathematical qonnection between a tesseract and a freeze gun.

Is there one? If so feel free to post as long and in-depth articles about the subject with all the mathematical formulas you want to.

For anyone who stumbled here who doesn't have intricate knowledge of what a tesseract is: A 4 spatial dimension generalisation of the cube, also know as 4-hypercube[, or 3 if you are a topologist]. It's a "shape" made up by 8 cubes connected to eachother face-to-face. Each cube is surrounded by 6 of the other cubes. That is only possible in 4 dimensional space.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
saxatax Feb 23 @ 12:51pm 
Perhaps it's a reference to the book "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle. That's what actually drew me to take a closer look at the game. Although, upon closer inspection, the game seems completely unrelated to the book. In the book, tesseract refers to a method of instantaneous space travel. The game description mentions an experimental stardrive, so there could still be a reference there.
Propelled Bird Software  [developer] Feb 23 @ 10:57pm 
The Catalyst is derived from technology used for interplanetary travel, which bends space-time much like gravity does, allowing for ships to travel incredible distances much faster. More will be released as development progresses!
Alenonimo Mar 6 @ 10:05am 
This name feels like it could work for Portal (you know, bending tridimensional space and stuff), but this one only deals with physical properties of the water, from what I've read.

Why not call it "The Catalyst"? Isn't the name of the stuff that you uses in the game?
jo de mucsures Mar 22 @ 2:02pm 
xD
royalflipp Apr 21 @ 6:45am 
there's a game related to cube 2 sauerbraten called tesseract. I was really hoping this was that.
timothycovenant Jun 9 @ 6:15pm 
I like the looks of it and the premise seems feasible. I can't wait to see more!
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50