This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

TesserAct
leillo1975 Feb 18 @ 9:06am
Why don't you develop a version for linux?
Why?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Propelled Bird Software  [developer] Feb 18 @ 10:35am 
Unfortunately, the Unreal Development Kit doesn't support Linux, so a Linux version of TesserAct isn't possible. Trust us when we say we wish we could, quite a few of us on the team are active Linux users.
leillo1975 Feb 18 @ 10:38am 
At least you have answered my question. It's a shame... Have it in mind for the next game
Propelled Bird Software  [developer] Feb 18 @ 6:45pm 
Maybe if we all stage a bloody coup against Epic, they'll give in for UDK Linux support?
leillo1975 Feb 19 @ 1:03am 
Several developers in Greenlight have told me they have the same problem with UDK Linux support. Maybe if you will have a common front ...

This greenlight developer have the same problem:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217463630
Last edited by leillo1975; Feb 19 @ 1:06am
Grimm Feb 19 @ 11:15am 
this will be intresting game across many games like that, who using space thematic
Andrew Feb 22 @ 11:14am 
I find it interesting that the UDK doesn't support Linux anymore, it certainly used to -- At least work on an official port if you could.
AidyOnLinux Feb 26 @ 4:07pm 
I would definately support this if you could release on linux. Shame :(
leillo1975 Mar 19 @ 2:38pm 
Originally posted by Propelled Bird Software:
Unfortunately, the Unreal Development Kit doesn't support Linux, so a Linux version of TesserAct isn't possible. Trust us when we say we wish we could, quite a few of us on the team are active Linux users.

You should see this:

http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/unreal-engine-4-announced-with-linux-support-including-the-editor-source-code-access-more.3295
Last edited by leillo1975; Mar 19 @ 2:39pm
Strong Of Danger Mar 19 @ 7:11pm 
Toost Inc. Apr 3 @ 2:56pm 
There have actually been a few Unreal 3 games successfully ported to Linux (Dungeon Defenders, Sanctum 2 is in the works), so there IS UDK Linux support, Epic just doesn't really make this fact public. try asking Epic about it or contact Ryan C. Gordan[icculus.org] who I think is responsible for all said ports.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50