This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Gloria Victis - Realistic Medieval MMORPG
Exido  [developer] Feb 8 @ 7:48pm
Gloria Victis Q&A
Have a question? Ask here and I will respond ASAP.
Showing 1-15 of 333 comments
< >
BaconBoyWonder Feb 8 @ 8:45pm 
are you going to have a skill tree in the game?
[SiN] Ace The Flame Feb 8 @ 9:22pm 
Is there any low fantasy elements planned for the game? If not, what would a dedicated healer play like in Gloria Victus(if that role is possible)?
Last edited by [SiN] Ace The Flame; Feb 8 @ 9:25pm
Jog  [developer] Feb 9 @ 1:53am 
Originally posted by BaconBoyWonder:
are you going to have a skill tree in the game?

Yes. I wouldn't hide that PoE is one of those games that have epic skill trees.

Originally posted by Ace The Flame:
Is there any low fantasy elements planned for the game? If not, what would a dedicated healer play like in Gloria Victus(if that role is possible)?

Yes, but it would be more like a alchemist combined with medic. So you will be doing potions and bandaging your friends. The low fantasy element could be for example aura or shout giving some kind of buffs (for example expanding health regen).
PhoenixDown Feb 9 @ 4:43am 
Hello.

When are we going to see some of the more interesting gameplay elements that you mentioned in greenlight project like crafting, non-instanced housing and pvp with actual consequences?
To be honest right now the game looks pretty bare bones. Shouldn't you wait with greenlight when the game has a bit more to offer?
DUNGEON♂MASTER Feb 9 @ 4:56am 
Why are you breaking the global 11th rule by advertising on /v/?
Last edited by DUNGEON♂MASTER; Feb 9 @ 4:57am
Jog  [developer] Feb 9 @ 5:20am 
Originally posted by PhoenixDown:
Hello.

When are we going to see some of the more interesting gameplay elements that you mentioned in greenlight project like crafting, non-instanced housing and pvp with actual consequences?
To be honest right now the game looks pretty bare bones. Shouldn't you wait with greenlight when the game has a bit more to offer?

Both crafting and non-instanced housing are not implemented in-game yet as we are on early stage of developement. We will surely wait until we will hit Early Access until game will be way more polished.

Originally posted by i will steal your beans:
Why are you breaking the global 11th rule by advertising on /v/?

Sorry! If our team mate would know that he is breaking one of the ♥♥♥♥♥ rules he would never dare to do this. He wont do it anymore ;)
Sain† Crusader Feb 9 @ 5:32am 
Can I go around killing people anywhere and then taking their stuff? I want to be a highway bandit. Also do something about multiple characters and all that, multiple characters ruined the economy in mortal Online, You either have 3 characters who mine craft and 1 main for combat, or you're stuck forever with a wooden branch.
kopiogao Feb 9 @ 5:42am 
Hello devs. I've been monitoring progress a few weeks ago as I love what you guys are offering and I'm happy that you have begun Greenlight.

A few questions -
Is there a main story, plot, questline?
If I am not wrong, there is a level system? If yes, what can we do after reaching level cap? If not, what are the main reasons the community can interact and prosper/grow with the game?
How will you distribute servers to handle ping? (I'm from South East Asia.)
Very nice Greenlight picture, I suggest you include the Gloria Victis logo instead of "Join the conflict now!" Your title was partly the reason that caught my attention.

It is an amazing effort, but I have not signed up for alpha donations because it still looks pretty bare. Please do know that your concept has many interested followers, but we are waiting for more content before we dive in.

With love
Jog  [developer] Feb 9 @ 5:48am 
Originally posted by Mel Gibson ✈ ▌ ▌:
Can I go around killing people anywhere and then taking their stuff? I want to be a highway bandit. Also do something about multiple characters and all that, multiple characters ruined the economy in mortal Online, You either have 3 characters who mine craft and 1 main for combat, or you're stuck forever with a wooden branch.
Yes you can. Luckily our main designer was a hardcore player both in MO and DF and he know disadvantages of those games so our changes to prevent those things is pretty high :)

Originally posted by kopiogao:
Hello devs. I've been monitoring progress a few weeks ago as I love what you guys are offering and I'm happy that you have begun Greenlight.

A few questions -
Is there a main story, plot, questline?
If I am not wrong, there is a level system? If yes, what can we do after reaching level cap? If not, what are the main reasons the community can interact and prosper/grow with the game?
How will you distribute servers to handle ping? (I'm from South East Asia.)
Very nice Greenlight picture, I suggest you include the Gloria Victis logo instead of "Join the conflict now!" Your title was partly the reason that caught my attention.

It is an amazing effort, but I have not signed up for alpha donations because it still looks pretty bare. Please do know that your concept has many interested followers, but we are waiting for more content before we dive in.

With love
There's no plot implemented at this moment - but it is written already.
In future - as our game is on pre-alpha at this moment - after reaching cap you will be willing to fight for your lands, siege enemy castles and do a lot of end game fun stuff.
Distribution on servers will depend of the community, at this moment its like 40% from USA, 40% from Europa and 20% from other continents.

We will do our best to expand the game as fast as possible, and if you will help us spread the word about it, it will help us ALOT!
ajj43 Feb 9 @ 5:50am 
how much is it going to cost
Jog  [developer] Feb 9 @ 6:19am 
Originally posted by ajj43:
how much is it going to cost
It will be free to play. Simply smile into developers way will do the thing!
Nehezbegar Feb 9 @ 6:21am 
i believe it will not be pay to win game and ingame shop will contain only vanity items.
Innadril Feb 9 @ 6:26am 
Hi, how can I join pre-alpha? Does it have a cost?
If the game is going to be free to play, how will you obtain benefits? Is there going to be a cash-shop? If so, what kind of things could people buy in this store? Will it unbalance the game?
Nehezbegar Feb 9 @ 6:29am 
You can join pre-alpha by donating simply 10$. It is not an early access, You just support the developers and the game, so those guys have money to make some motion capture sessions, create additional content etc., they just simply thank You with the key. It is still under NDA, cuz tons of stuff is happening behind the scenes :).

10$ is not much, but it will help them a lot.
DUNGEON♂MASTER Feb 9 @ 6:47am 
Originally posted by Nehezbegar:
You can join pre-alpha by donating simply 10$. It is not an early access, You just support the developers and the game, so those guys have money to make some motion capture sessions, create additional content etc., they just simply thank You with the key. It is still under NDA, cuz tons of stuff is happening behind the scenes :).

10$ is not much, but it will help them a lot.

NDA sucks, 'cause we can't see how much greater their new character movement is.
Showing 1-15 of 333 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50