This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
SpaceEngine
Looking forward to buying it when it comes to Steam
I downloaded the latest version of Space Engine 0.9.7.3. Impressive.

I was considering making a donation to the website, but I don't have a PayPal account, and I don't want one. When Space Engine comes to Steam, I'll gladly pay for the software. I'd bet there's a lot of people who will feel more comfortable paying for Space Engine through Steam then the set up on the Space Engine webpage. I'd also use Amazon Payments, if that were available.

Now, here's a question to anyone, other than the developer: How much would you pay for this software?

For me, I'd pay $30.00 in it's current state, and may be $59.99 if and when it has a game element added to it.

< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
HarbingerDawn  [developer] Jun 7, 2016 @ 2:35am 
I'm pretty sure a PayPal account isn't required in order to make a donation, you can do it just using a credit card, but maybe something has changed since I last checked.
tabsterLasVegas Jun 7, 2016 @ 7:57am 
It looks like you can avoid creating a PayPal account. I'm just reluctant to give out credit card information except to websites that I trust, usually the well established merchants. I bought some non-Steam games through Amazon Payments so I suggest that as another option for Space Engine.
HarbingerDawn  [developer] Jun 7, 2016 @ 10:21am 
I think it's interesting that you would trust Amazon and not PayPal, but to each their own. Personally I've never had a bad experience with either.
Wukkis Nov 30, 2016 @ 5:19pm 
I've been using Space Engine for over two years, and I can gladly say I'd be willing to pay more than 30 bucks for it. The program is so beautifully done, plus who knows what else is going to happen in the coming years. Every update blows me away more than the last.
ZeGamingCuber Dec 8, 2016 @ 8:14am 
you mean download it because space engine is $0 0 cents
ZeGamingCuber Dec 8, 2016 @ 8:15am 
I'd pay 0 dollars i like it free like it is now
HarbingerDawn  [developer] Dec 8, 2016 @ 12:50pm 
Obvious solution: have a paid version and a free version
Fungus Man Dec 20, 2016 @ 5:33pm 
Originally posted by HarbingerDawn:
Obvious solution: have a paid version and a free version :B1:
And make em excatly the same ; )
Originally posted by Eophus49:
Originally posted by HarbingerDawn:
Obvious solution: have a paid version and a free version :B1:
And make em excatly the same ; )
Pay for the paid version to support devs, or if you can't do that, just install it
X_vector Jan 14 @ 11:15pm 
This is what I did, works just fine:

Download/install from website.
Add Space Engine as non-Steam program.
Play SE like a Steam game, take some screenshots w/ F12 and enjoy
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 15 30 50