This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

The Repopulation
Derivitiv Jan 8 @ 7:35pm
Galaxies minus Star wars with real time combat!
Spent so much time in galaxies (pre combat and post combat upgrade). I made friends in that game that I've kept in real life 10 years later. This game looks as much as an ode to star wars Galaxies as Blade Symphony was to Jedi Knights MP. Been waiting so long for SWGemu to be in good working condition but might not need that anymore. Hoping for a bounty hunter class...and laser swords :)
Last edited by Derivitiv; Jan 8 @ 7:35pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
hooby Jan 9 @ 12:08pm 
Sorry to disappoint, but there are no classes at all - every character has access to all the skills in the game, and can train whichever they like and to whatever combination they'd like to have.

While you could train all the skills (given loooots of time) you can't use them all simultaneously, since your weapon/equipment will limit you to a role-defining subset of skills and swapping comes with a cooldown.

So... there's not going to be a bounty hunter class. But that doesn't mean that you can't create a character with a similar skill-set and take on assassination missions.

And light sabers... there are going to be some sort of swords, high-tech sci-fi swords probably, but I don't know what they are going to look like. They'll surely not look like lightsabers though, because that would get the game sued into the ground.
Last edited by hooby; Jan 9 @ 12:09pm
Derivitiv Jan 9 @ 2:04pm 
Yeah, I understand the idea of skill sets and roles, just like in galaxies before the combat upgrade but better (guess class was the wrong term but was easier than saying role-defining subset of skills), and I never said light sabers...I said laser swords, it was more of a joke though than anything. Game looks brilliant, no dissappointment here.
hooby Jan 10 @ 9:37am 
No problem. Just trying to avoid misunderstandings ;)
Mastodon Jan 11 @ 10:11pm 
i havent seen an mmorpg yet that is better then precu swg. I have high hopes this is gonna be as good.
Derivitiv Jan 11 @ 10:13pm 
Anyone know if theres plans for any sort of space combat?
Derivitiv Jan 11 @ 10:32pm 
Alot of fun memoreies in that game. Hours spent hunting jedi with my bounty hunter, bartering exchange for money and equipment for sparing thier lives. One Jedi, one younling padawan, I followed them through five planets and ten cites, traveled hours to thier hidden jedi base on Dantooine. Spied on them training for an hour, before i hear yells for mercy. They knew they couldn't take me, fully decked out jedi killer. You are all mine.
They lay down thier weapons and drop the supplies. The exchange was made. Loaded my flame thrower, cocked my rocket launcher, as I had some commando skills, I specialized in some heavy weapons, turned around and killed them both. The supplies were just a game, I was going to kill them the entire time. It would be...dishonorable to default on a job. Plus I like to have a little fun with them, let them think they were going to survive.
I then traveled to Naboo, after taking out a few transport shuttles along the way for fun. For on Naboo lie a special place dear to my heart. A Gungan village. So many hours spent here slaughtering hundreds upon hundreds of gungans. Thier carcasses piling up beneath my feet like Bantha fodder on the old farm. I bathed in thier blood, and never felt more pure. Meesa gonna make you all die.
Mastodon Jan 11 @ 11:37pm 
I actually still play swg on www.bloodfin.net
Pre-♥♥ swg with ♥♥ & nge perks and no character wipes.
ПроWРак Jan 12 @ 5:36am 
OO
hooby Jan 12 @ 10:58am 
Originally posted by Derivitiv:
Anyone know if theres plans for any sort of space combat?

It's actually a stretch goal on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/therepopulation/the-repopulation-a-sandbox-mmorpg

But it's set at $1m, and as things currently stand it seems unlikely the funding will reach that high. People need to throw way more money at their screens.

Not reaching the stretch goal doesn't mean that there never will be spaceflight. With the money they could start working on it right now - and possibly release it some months after release of the game. Without the money they can only start working on it like a year after release or something.

So it's propbably gonna take a while, before we see spaceflight. Unless the game gets a sudden surge of publicity - bringing way more spenders to Kickstarters. As of now it's pretty much ignored by all the gaming news sites. Doesn't look good for that space flight stretch goal.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50