This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Breach & Clear
Gun  [developer] Dec 13, 2013 @ 8:38am
Breach & Clear QA
Hey everyone!

We're here looking to launch Breach & Clear to Steam, and we're incredibly thankful for the huge support we've gotten already!

We've been paying attention to the comments and concerns, and we're more than happy to answer questions you might have about Breach & Clear for PC!

Ask away!
Showing 1-15 of 86 comments
< >
@War3d-B.E.P Dec 13, 2013 @ 8:45am 
Good
Vulpe Nebuna Dec 13, 2013 @ 10:18am 
Welcome to Greenlight :)

I'm intrigued by the Permadeth mention ... last time I played on the iOS, the soldiers revived at the end of the mission. Can you tell us more about this will work on the PC? Also, new abilities for the PC?
Last edited by Vulpe Nebuna; Dec 13, 2013 @ 10:18am
Gun  [developer] Dec 13, 2013 @ 10:31am 
Hi Vulpe,

Permadeath was ruled out as a feature for iOS/Android as the people generally playing on that platform would probably not want to see their investment lost, especially with in-game currency purchases being used on gear/guns and other premium items.

With the new PC version, we're allowing the user to select a permanent death feature to add some added challenge to the game. This is also more manageable as we won't be adding those more mobile-centric In-App Purchases into the game. We'll have more news on how that's implemented pretty soon!

As for new stuff:
-We will be upping the visual fidelity of the game
-PC controls are rather intuitive
-We're adding more content; guns, missions and more!

We'll be posting announcements relatively soon on specifics!
Last edited by Gun; Dec 13, 2013 @ 10:33am
Vulpe Nebuna Dec 13, 2013 @ 3:50pm 
Allright, thanks!
VorpalBunnie Dec 13, 2013 @ 4:09pm 
This is a bit of a weird question, but do you plan on adding crouching?

I know it seems redundant, given that you can walk at "half speed" already.


But I'd like it for the sole purpose of staying hidden, that is. Stealth playthroughs are fun.

Also, asynchronous multiplayer would be cool.
Last edited by VorpalBunnie; Dec 13, 2013 @ 4:16pm
BIGGIE THE TANK ENGINE Dec 13, 2013 @ 4:25pm 
Is the game gonna` be finished this time when it releases or left incomplete like when it launched?
Tuna Dec 13, 2013 @ 7:19pm 
This game does support multiplayer, right?
Ski Mask Way 10 Dec 13, 2013 @ 9:27pm 
I'm very interested in this game coming to PC. It's like the sexiest possible offspring of XCOM and SOCOM. The few questions I have are:

Have you considered adding a map editor to create our own scenarios?

I noticed somebody above asked about crouching, will you be adding that feature?

Are there any multiplayer features? Not really a major concern at all for me though, as the simple fact that this game is coming to PC is satisfying enough.

Do you plan on adding more maps and locations further than what has been added to the mobile version?

Would all gear, clothes, guns etc. which were released as dlc for the mobile version be included in the purchase of the game (as you are eliminating "in app" type purchases) or will there be content packs/expansion packs for purchase after the game releases? Perhaps will content be pushed through free patches/updates?

Thanks in advance for your response(s)
Last edited by Ski Mask Way 10; Dec 13, 2013 @ 11:57pm
Clone0127 Dec 14, 2013 @ 4:27am 
will it be avaliable on the mac? PLEASE???
Fizz1e Dec 14, 2013 @ 6:05am 
nice
EST Dec 14, 2013 @ 6:35am 
gjbuhfk ,s
knukx Dec 14, 2013 @ 9:17am 
Will you be adding any depth to the game from the iOS port? I felt that game was a bit simplistic, which fit the platform, but now that it is coming to PC, it would be nice to have more options.
ThePraetorian  [developer] Dec 14, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
Originally posted by BorpalVunnie:
This is a bit of a weird question, but do you plan on adding crouching?

I know it seems redundant, given that you can walk at "half speed" already.


But I'd like it for the sole purpose of staying hidden, that is. Stealth playthroughs are fun.

Also, asynchronous multiplayer would be cool.

We won't be adding crouch as a user controlled option, the game favors a cover system that automatically orients your team to the available cover.

As for stealth gameplay, we are exploring more options that let a user have more 'stealthy' means of performing ambushes. News on that coming soon!

Originally posted by Ski Mask Way 10:
I'm very interested in this game coming to PC. It's like the sexiest possible offspring of XCOM and SOCOM. The few questions I have are:

Have you considered adding a map editor to create our own scenarios?

I noticed somebody above asked about crouching, will you be adding that feature?

Are there any multiplayer features? Not really a major concern at all for me though, as the simple fact that this game is coming to PC is satisfying enough.

Do you plan on adding more maps and locations further than what has been added to the mobile version?

Would all gear, clothes, guns etc. which were released as dlc for the mobile version be included in the purchase of the game (as you are eliminating "in app" type purchases) or will there be content packs/expansion packs for purchase after the game releases? Perhaps will content be pushed through free patches/updates?

Thanks in advance for your response(s)

We have considered map editors, but have nothing officially slated. However, PC opens a lot of possibilities.

Multiplayer, there is not going to be a multiplayer at launch, but we're always looking into it as something to do down the road.

Everything currently available in Breach & Clear for iOS/Android will be available as part of the game for PC. All customization items and the Russian maps (as well as more for PC) will be part of the package. We're not doing In-App Purchases, that's mobile oriented and not for the PC gamer crowd.


Originally posted by The HiGHDOLM@STER:
Is the game gonna` be finished this time when it releases or left incomplete like when it launched?

Quite finished!


Originally posted by Clone0127:
will it be avaliable on the mac? PLEASE???

PC, Mac and Linux all supported at launch.

Originally posted by knukx:
Will you be adding any depth to the game from the iOS port? I felt that game was a bit simplistic, which fit the platform, but now that it is coming to PC, it would be nice to have more options.

We're going to be adding a few more tactical options for the players. What those are, will be announced soon!
Scarecrow Dec 14, 2013 @ 5:18pm 
any plans of adding different special forces group e.g. SASR?
Pink Dec 15, 2013 @ 12:36am 
fine
Showing 1-15 of 86 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50