Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Copy Kitty - Turbo Edition
Mascota Jan 2 @ 6:00am
Linux?
Please?
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Entanma Project  [developer] Jan 3 @ 11:24pm 
As said a few times in the comments, we'll probably make Linux/Mac ports if there's enough support for it. Neither of us (the developers) have either system though, so that makes it a little more difficult than normal. In any case, don't expect the ports super-soon, but if this makes it to Steam and we get enough free time to work on something like that, I'd love to make it happen.
Mascota Jan 4 @ 8:25am 
Yay! Upvoting!
DrQwertySilence Jan 28 @ 11:11pm 
+1 for GNU/Linux.
theian01 Feb 19 @ 7:06am 
+1 for Mac port!
wriggleminecraft Mar 1 @ 11:49pm 
This looks really cool. If there was a Linux version, I would get it.
Crazylemon! Mar 19 @ 10:17pm 
Ask and ye shall receive!(-ish)

A guide I made to getting CK to run under Wine:
A more up to date version can be found at the following URL:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29958833/CKittyWine.txt
=== How to get Copy Kitty running under Wine ===
~ Crazylemon

Copy Kitty can be found here!
http://entanma.com/copykitty

Confirmed as working under wine version 1.7.14, OS Arch Linux, March 19

1. Open up a shell (for this example, I'll use bash, but others should work fine) to run wine from.
Make sure you use this same shell throughout the entire process! If you close it, you'll need to re-export the two variables listed in step 2(WINEPREFIX and WINEARCH) back to what they were when you left.

2. From there, export the variables WINEPREFIX and WINEARCH. By this, I mean:

$ export WINEPREFIX=~/whereever/you/want/the/CK/wine/prefix
Make sure that directory doesn't actually exist yet, just everything needed to contain it

$ export WINEARCH=win32
It's important that WINEARCH is win32, as otherwise you'll have troubles installing dotnet.
If you forget to set it and run a wine-related program (wine, winetricks) in this shell,
you'll have to delete the directory created and export WINEARCH to win32 before you run another such program

3. Now that you've done that, run "winetricks dotnet35" to get the correct libraries to run CK.
At least for me, the installation interrupted at some point to request that I insert the file from
here:
http://www.oldversion.com/windows/net-framework-3-0
into ~/.cache/winetricks/dotnet30/. If it doesn't open up a file manager for you to place the file into, you can place the installer straight into the directory ~/.cache/winetricks/dotnet30/
Then, re-run "winetricks dotnet35"
It'll take a while, but if you're impatient and hate clicking buttons, you can instead use
$ winetricks -q dotnet35
in order to hide all the windows during the install.

4. Finally, download the XNA 3.0 redistributable.
You can get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22588
Then, install to your prefix using the command:
$ wine msiexec /i xnafx30_redist.msi

5. You should be good to go! Just keep in mind a few things before you run CK:
a. You'll need to make sure WINEPREFIX and WINEARCH are set to the values you used here before you use
$ wine kitty.exe
If you want to not have to set that every time in your shell when you want to play CK, you can
instead use the command
$ WINEPREFIX=~/what/you/set/it/to WINEARCH=win32 wine kitty.exe
to run it in a single line, without needing to set the variables in the shell.

b. Make sure you are in the "Application Files/kitty_*version*/" directory when running kitty.exe, otherwise the app won't find the resources and you won't be going to cyberspace today.

=== BUGS ===
There aren't very many as I know so far, but keep an eye out for them!

* Level thumbnails occasionally fail to load

* Opening a directory in the level pack loader changes the working directory of the program, meaning that changing the song (like loading a level, or activating the sound test) will cause the program to be unable to find the audio and crash. To avoid, reset CK after a session of loading level packs, or navigate back to the "kitty_*version*" directory once done loading levels to correctly reset the working directory

=== CONTACT ===
If you want to talk with Crazylemon about bugs or troubles, such an individual can be found residing
at the following IRC address:
channel: #zc
server: irc.caffie.net
Last edited by Crazylemon!; Jul 2 @ 3:04am
Mascota Mar 23 @ 6:39am 
Wine is s**t, I'm not installing it in my computer again. I will play a native port or I will not play.
Joefel Pfadbauer May 8 @ 9:26pm 
Yeah! +1 For a Linux Port!
I can't wait!
I really enjoyed playing Copy Kitty back on windows, and I imagine that I'd be even better on Linux! x3
Shavrak Chay Aug 14 @ 10:24pm 
+1 for Linux port.
Like stated on main page. Only got the Demo working on Linux, bought the Turbo edition and couldn't get it working for some reason, crashes at Loading start. I still support the game however.
And besides, if you are going to have penguins in your game, again it is only right to have a Linux port, Tux would really like that.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50