Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Space Station Alpha
jacobwilkinson3d  [developer] Nov 30, 2013 @ 11:31pm
Space Station Alpha Development
Hey guys, I thought I would open this up for anyone who has any questions. I'm just one dude working on this so I'd also love to hear any comments or suggestions to bounce around as well.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
igoresia Dec 1, 2013 @ 12:16am 
it `something ike sim`s?
jacobwilkinson3d  [developer] Dec 1, 2013 @ 1:17am 
The passengers will have a sims-like list of internal needs that they'll want to satisfy, food, sleep, comfort and a bunch of others. However you won't have individual control over any of the passengers, you'll be more in charge of building a good environment for them.

I guess it's a bit like sims in the method of building, you lay out floors, walls and doors before laying out furniture/equipment. The difference would be that your workers then have to actually fly out and do the construction.

In the current alpha they are quite simple and will just wander around, trying to find areas that have oxygen and eating and sleeping as needed before jumping on a passenger ship to get home when they get bored.

In later updates there will be sensitive or dangerous parts of the station that you'll have to keep them out of and you'l; have to make choices that will make some species happy but annoy others.
-SaO- 7!! Dec 1, 2013 @ 7:20am 
masomenos
esta cvr :)
Method Man Dec 2, 2013 @ 3:05pm 
Petunie
Juzaz Dec 4, 2013 @ 1:12pm 
So, there is also like "Theme Hospital/Park/Space Station" style gameplay?
jacobwilkinson3d  [developer] Dec 4, 2013 @ 9:43pm 
Theme hospital/park is probably a good comparison. The main difference would be that the customers are harder to please and different parts of the station will interact more.
LetterAfterZ Dec 9, 2013 @ 3:16pm 
Def reminds me a lot of Startopia - good stuff mate.
Architect Dec 31, 2013 @ 10:35am 
How will people on the ship react with oxygen being sucked out of the room? Will they fly along with it? Or stand rooted to the spot as suddenly they have noting to breathe.
jacobwilkinson3d  [developer] Jan 1 @ 12:44am 
Hi Architect, right now they only react to lack of oxygen by casually trying to move to another room or dying :-) A later update will feature aliens and smaller equipment being forcefully blown out into the vacuum.
hawkin Jan 8 @ 9:34am 
what software do u use?
jacobwilkinson3d  [developer] Jan 8 @ 9:17pm 
Hi Hawkin, the game is build on the Unity engine, all the models are made and animated in 3ds Max and textured in GIMP
DK312 Jun 8 @ 11:27am 
Are you still developing this game?
jacobwilkinson3d  [developer] Jun 9 @ 1:07am 
Hi DK312, all the planned features are in the game and all known bugs have been squashed. I do plan on releasing another update in a few months though and every now and then after that. I am putting most if my time into my next title.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50