Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

UItimate Rock Crawler
OttoNL Nov 16, 2013 @ 5:38am
My ideas
Hey

The dev responded to my earlier post and asked what I would like to see in this game. It didn't fit in the main-chat thingy so I thought I'd make a topic for it. If the current audience for this game hates my ideas and like more of an arcady game feel free to comment below.

I would personally like to see at least diff locks indeed, 4wd is standard on I assume, low gearing offcourse in case of extreme situations and a manual gearbox, insane articulation and semi realistic tire models if possible with tire pressure that can be adjusted by the player according to the situation. Or just hard and soft tires, one for extreme crawling and the other for less vertical tracks. Basically everything SpinTires offers, but then less trucking oriented and more crawling oriented. Personally I also wouldn't mind seeing a Unimog in there as they kick ♥♥♥ for slower crawling.

Now I know that is a bit too much to ask probably, but I myself am looking for something as realistic as possible and based on the footage I just saw, physics wise, it doesn't look like it can compete with the crawling games that are already out there. I might be wrong, I'd like to give it a try when a demo is available.

I like the arcadish idea of making it a race with checkpoints and not 100's of different routes though. Some tracks might end up not looking like a piece of nature but more designed specifically, but that's not a problem IMO.

Maybe 2 game modes would be cool. One in which you have a diesel with a lot of torque and you just slowly crawl up the mountain and get points for no damage to (the bottom of) your car and a mode where you have a high powered (maybe petrol) engine and a lighter vehicle and you try and get to the top full-throttle in the shortest amount of time.

Just some thoughts. Curious to see if any of this matches with your vision on this kind of game. I'm a bit of a sim-nut and I bet there is a reason there arn't many games around that fit to my description. The amount of people looking for something like this isn't huge.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
kim.hoskin  [developer] Nov 16, 2013 @ 11:37am 
Hi,
Some great thoughts, many thanks for your input. They will most definately be considered and will try to include all of it. Spintires is an amazing looking game, the way the mud moves etc is very nice, with rock crawling of there is some of that but it is not only about that. All your points are valid and will hopefully go into the game. Thanks again for your great ideas!
kim.hoskin  [developer] Nov 16, 2013 @ 11:38am 
Also I am looking to get a demo up asap and better video.
Last edited by kim.hoskin; Nov 16, 2013 @ 11:38am
OttoNL Nov 17, 2013 @ 3:11am 
Ooh sounds good, will definitely keep an eye on this game!
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50